Does you guys have any trouble sleeping at night?

Yep I'm on hour 31

OMG you sleep I have easy calm down sleep relax! help your control your thinking! focus your breath relax your calm you help improve your serious your problem complication your anxiety, I try best patient improve successfully!! I have wonderful final!

OMG you sleep I have easy calm down sleep relax! help your control your thinking! focus your breath relax your calm you help improve your serious your problem complication your anxiety, I try best patient improve successfully!! I have wonderful final!
Thanks. If I could do privet messages I'd explain but if I lay down n try to sleep then my mind would go places I don't want. I have a plan... Stay busy here till I find myself waking up at some point hopefully tomorrow morning. If I sleep too soon I'll wake up at 3 or 4am then it'll start all over again. It's 5:32 here too early for bed

Thanks. If I could do privet messages I'd explain but if I lay down n try to sleep then my mind would go places I don't want. I have a plan... Stay busy here till I find myself waking up at some point hopefully tomorrow morning. If I sleep too soon I'll wake up at 3 or 4am then it'll start all over again. It's 5:32 here too early for bed

You really should see your Dr. Racing thoughts can be tamed with medication; so you don't have to be so sleep deprived.

I did the same thing for years due severe anxiety, and I admit that it worked, but, it made me really hard to be around. Once I was diagnosed and placed on medication, my sleep issues levelled out somewhat. I still have a hard time sleeping, but, it's better than it used to be.

You really should see your Dr. Racing thoughts can be tamed with medication; so you don't have to be so sleep deprived.

I did the same thing for years due severe anxiety, and I admit that it worked, but, it made me really hard to be around. Once I was diagnosed and placed on medication, my sleep issues levelled out somewhat. I still have a hard time sleeping, but, it's better than it used to be.
I'm glad it's better. My problems are with a break up I had not long ago. She wants to stay friends but I have a rule against that. Over a week ago I texted her asking if we could say goodbye in person. Heard nothing back till 3days ago where she said we could. Then nothing till last night where she set a time and place. Tuesday. So the days leading up to Tuesday is like the opposite of Christmas. Instead of waiting for something good I'm waiting for something bad.

I have sleeping Problems and they started at the time I started losing my hearing... I have no Idea what it feels like to sleep all night ... i"m up several times a night...

That's when my sleeping problems started too. I am having a hell of a problem ever getting to sleep anymore. I used to be able to practically fall asleep on cue...now I toss and turn and feel like shit most of the time. For a while, after my surgery I had recently, I would sleep ok because of the pain meds. Now I'm back to being able to hardly sleep at all. :aw:

Recently yes. Usually no, but recently yes.
Heartburns and reflux wakes me up at night. My GP lowered the dosage of med and from this lower dosage, I am woken up at night.
I see her on Monday, she wants to refer me to a gastroenterologist. Well, much easier said than done when you have no further visibility in your schedule like now....
(a legal battle which makes me completely dependent to the other people's schedule : very easy to organize myself with such settings !!)

Do you still have your gall bladder? If so, have them check you for gall stones. I had some seriously bad acid reflux for years. Then about 3 weeks ago I ended up in the hospital for emergency surgery and had to have my gall bladder removed. I haven't had any issues with acid reflux since. Also, might want to get checked for celiac disease. I also got diagnosed with that and it also can cause acid reflux. So I solved a LOT of problems by getting rid of my gall bladder and gluten from my diet.:shock:

they test for nicotine when they do the pre-employment drug screen at the hospital i go to school at. i think its ridiculous.

WHAT?! Holy shit! It's already gotten that far now?! Yep...all you tobacco smokers are going to have to hide out with the weed smokers to get your nicotine fix. GEEZ!!!!:mad:

I don't smoke tobacco, but I believe that it should be up to people to decide what to put into their body and NOT the damned government! :mad:

Hmmmm...seeing a mix of info here. I'm wondering if the difference is in being born deaf and being used to vibrations. I've noticed I've become a lot more sensitive to vibrations since I lost my hearing and sometimes it aggravates the hell out of me. My hubby is an "active" sleeper...kicks and flops all night. Any movement by him jars me. My dog can make some serious vibrations along the floor when he starts digging and scratching. Anyone else here notice having a higher sensitivity to vibrations since losing their hearing?

mizwytch - yes, I am noticing that more and more.

I am now back to not being able to sleep a whole night through. I am awakened with pain in the legs and lower back usually around 3am. I will walk a little, drink some water and go back to sleep on the couch. The couch at least keeps me from rolling over to where it causes problems. I can't stop rolling over in the bed.

mizwytch - yes, I am noticing that more and more.

I am now back to not being able to sleep a whole night through. I am awakened with pain in the legs and lower back usually around 3am. I will walk a little, drink some water and go back to sleep on the couch. The couch at least keeps me from rolling over to where it causes problems. I can't stop rolling over in the bed.

Oh geez...me too. Sometimes I go and lay on the couch...but it really blows for trying to sleep on it. Makes my back hurt too. Most of the time I find it easier to sleep during the day...but, unfortunately, that is not really an option as signing classes are during the day..not to mention most of the fun stuff is to be done during the day.LOL I hate taking pills to make me sleep...I do NOT want to get addicted to such things. Tried sleepytime tea and it tastes good but that's about it.

My doctor did mention that most likely my problems are related to my fibromyalgia. I have just been diagnosed with Chronic Fibromyalgia and Neuropathy. I knew I had them, and had been diagnosed with them, but my new doctor wanted to redo some of the tests and make sure it wasn't something else. Now, I have the referrals to both the neurologist and the rheumatologist.

I am a bi-polar insomniac, of course I have my share of sleepless nights.

I am an insomniac too. I can't fall asleep on my own and I have to take a benzo to fall asleep. I also can't function on less than 8 or 9 hours of sleep, so I find myself sleeping for up to 12 hours a day and sometimes I still feel tired. I've been so tired the past week and I finally have a little more energy today, even though I am tired. I also MUST have my TV on at night in order to fall asleep. I do not feel comfortable in pitch black darkness, and the TV soothes me. It takes my minds away from things that causes me anxiety. Sometimes I have big panic attacks before going to sleep and that really sucks. I have GAD (generalized Anxiety Disorder), and I have had it for a very long time. I take anti-anxiety meds for it. I like to sleep during the day rather than at night even though it MUST be dark in my room except for my TV. I've covered my sliding doors with heavy dark sheets and that helps. I am hoping that when I finish college and become a nurse I can work the night shift in a hospital because I am most certainly NOT a morning person. I hate mornings. I can see myself working the night shift, going home in the morning, go to bed, and then wake up in the late afternoon or early evening and going to do stuff like errands and other things and have fun and then going back to work at night like around 11pm or midnight. I think my brain is just wired differently than most people. I've been an insomniac ever since I was a toddler. My parents told me that I have never ever fallen asleep for my naps as a toddler, I could never fall asleep, and I would often stay awake til 2 am in the morning and then falling asleep. Oh well that is my life and I have to accept it.

I envy people who can fall asleep the moment their head hits the pillow. They're lucky.

I function on less than 6 hours at best. Sometimes I don't sleep at all for 2-3 days. Your'e exhausted as fuck but can't sleep until your brain literally forces your body to sleep. Now that's torture.

I usually stay up until about 2AM on weekends. On weekdays I will try to go to bed at about midnight or a little earlier, but I usually don't fall asleep until about 1. Lately I've been going to bed much later than usual. Needless to say, I'm pretty tired in the morning. I have trouble functioning on 7 hours of sleep (typical for me). Seven hours is pretty decent, so I think I might have sleep apnea. Rarely do I feel refreshed when I wake up and I'm almost always tired.

I am having more and more sleeping problems. Doctor is hoping that the rheumatologist will be able to help. He also agrees that most of my problems with sleeping, depression and mood swings is the stress I am under with both mother and MIL and all their issues.

My wife does not sleep normally. 2 hours here, 3 hours there. I only know of 2 people that live like this.

I've had trouble falling asleep and staying asleep most of my life. With the CPAP machine I got a few years ago, sleeping is much, much better.

Sounds like you got a sleep apnea. If one snores, does that mean that one might have a sleep apnea?? I snore but I am not able to get anybody to listen to me to check if I stop breathing. My mother is too polite to tell me and my ex-hubby is deaf.

Sounds like you got a sleep apnea. If one snores, does that mean that one might have a sleep apnea?? I snore but I am not able to get anybody to listen to me to check if I stop breathing. My mother is too polite to tell me and my ex-hubby is deaf.

While it doesn't mean that you definitely have sleep apnea, intense snoring is definitely a sign. My mom has sleep apnea and she is definitely a "snorer". I may have it and I'm also a "snorer". Do you feel refreshed when you wake up? Do you often feel like you have to sleep in to get a decent sleep? Do you almost want to skip work/school in order to sleep longer? These are signs. I would recommend you google the subject. If you think that you may have it, you should probably pay a visit to your doctor and ask for a referral to a sleep clinic.

While it doesn't mean that you definitely have sleep apnea, intense snoring is definitely a sign. My mom has sleep apnea and she is definitely a "snorer". I may have it and I'm also a "snorer". Do you feel refreshed when you wake up? Do you often feel like you have to sleep in to get a decent sleep? Do you almost want to skip work/school in order to sleep longer? These are signs. I would recommend you google the subject. If you think that you may have it, you should probably pay a visit to your doctor and ask for a referral to a sleep clinic.

I am thinking about asking my doctor on that. I am not working and not in school. Sometimes I need to nap around noon. I know that once in a long awhile, I would wake up because I felt the insides of my nose was flapping. Why don't you ask your doctor for a referral to a sleep clinc as well?

Back