Deaf Nation Expo/ All Deaf Meet up November Chicago, IL.

candybrowneyes

Reaction score
Well it has been brought to my attention and many others here on AD that there will be Deaf Nation Expo held on November 6th in Chicago, IL. Before this was mentioned people thought maybe having the next AD meet up in Chicago. What better time then to have the AD meet up at the same time the Deaf Nation Expo will be in town.

I know that a lot of people live within a driving distance of Chicago and with it being somewhat centrally located in the United states I think it would be nice to have it here in Chicago. There are so many things to do here.

Let me know your thoughts, and comments! :ty:

I would love to go there but I have to stay home. I will go to Calgary to play in the Canadian Deaf Darts tournaments several days later.

Chicago.... November 6..... Saturday.... I like! I would def go if there's a good number of ADers going.

I could probably make it to this as long as the meet-up is somewhere in a Subway/El service area, since I'd be taking the Amtrak up from Lafayette. Will keep watching this thread...

I could probably make it to this as long as the meet-up is somewhere in a Subway/El service area, since I'd be taking the Amtrak up from Lafayette. Will keep watching this thread...

Im sure it will be! I am right on the brown and red line. =)

wow nov 5 is my birthday............... i already have a party arranged for that weekend. it's not only my birthday, but someone else that is special to me as well.. hmmmm

It works for me I think......

Ideas. Uno for food.......Mother's and Shenanigans. for drinks

All are pretty easy to get to and fun

That's around the time we may be moving again. Can't go. Also it's MIL's birthday.

:wave::hmm: well, now here we have Chicago...but this year is difficult because of a number of things such as medical needs of new puppy, hubby's new job and expenses related to flood clean-up and preparing to try to sell house, among other things. I don't know at moment....

If money is ok, maybe I can make a weekend trip there.

hmm... MAYBE.

If its cheap.

If enough ADer's go.

If I feel like it. :)

We MIGHT go if it is on early November plus doesn't land too close to Thanksgiving weekend, because of the snows usually come in end of November which makes driving to Chicago hazardous.

Let's keep this thread alive!

CBE, start planning! :)

We MIGHT go if it is on early November plus doesn't land too close to Thanksgiving weekend, because of the snows usually come in end of November which makes driving to Chicago hazardous.

it's on November 6th or around. Far from Thanksgiving weekend. no worry.

I just had a chit-chat with my colleagues because they've been to Chicago several times. I was told that it usually get as cold as 40 degrees in November. I was going to ride there. It's about 13 hours of riding but I don't think I can cope with cold weather for a long time because when riding - the temperature you feel is about 10-15 degrees less than actual weather temp :mad2:

Back