Deaf Nation Expo/ All Deaf Meet up November Chicago, IL.

Jiro I will be there, that is more than worth it. lol :giggle:

If you really come, then we should have date together.. just you and me over dinner at top of building. wink wink wink Deal?

Not that far from here to there, but I'm not going anyway cuz I got bored already the last time.

Not that far from here to there, but I'm not going anyway cuz I got bored already the last time.

you ran away after I left to retrieve more friends. when I come back, you were gone. where did ya go!?

bliss_smilie.gif

Drive almost 15 hours (900 miles)? :hmm:

That would require driving all night Friday to get there, and then driving all day Sunday to get back in time for work Monday.

Don't think so. I'm too old for that. :lol:

That would require driving all night Friday to get there, and then driving all day Sunday to get back in time for work Monday.

Long drive there for sure. I drove 13 hours for my friend's death (funeral) and came back on Monday. I left on Thursday. That was from Washington state to California.

Long drive there for sure. I drove 13 hours for my friend's death (funeral) and came back on Monday. I left on Thursday. That was from Washington state to California.
I've done long, fast trips like that before but I was younger then. :)

We drove straight thru from SC to CT for my mom's funeral service. (About 900 miles.) We got a two-hour nap, then went to her funeral and reception. Then, we had one full day to sort thru all her things and clean out her apartment. After that, we drove back to SC. We arrived back in time for me to go to my evening class. We drove straight to the college, U-Haul trailer and all, without even going home first. It was rough.

Ahhhh c'mon Reba! Don't you want to come meet me!? I promise not to talk politics :lol:

Why would you drive though? I can't remember, but I think I remember you saying that you don't like to fly? Is that why?

Ahhhh c'mon Reba! Don't you want to come meet me!? I promise not to talk politics :lol:

Why would you drive though? I can't remember, but I think I remember you saying that you don't like to fly? Is that why?
$$$$$

Shouldn't Alex be the one visiting Reba? She's got years on you bud. :lol:

Anyway, I think the Chicago meet should be discrete from the AD#3 meet. The size is enough to have a jig of its own to go with. What you guys think?

Shouldn't Alex be the one visiting Reba? She's got years on you bud. :lol:

Anyway, I think the Chicago meet should be discrete from the AD#3 meet. The size is enough to have a jig of its own to go with. What you guys think?

Haha, well, if the AD meet is in South Carolina, I'll gladly make my way to it. :)

As for a separate Chitown meet-up, I'm going to be at the Nov. 6th DN Expo regardless, so whoever else is in town at that time, let's get together! Maybe we can get Botti to make the drive from Iowa?

Hell, if we can get Botti to come to Chicago, I think it should be the All Deaf Meet of the decade! :P

Haha, well, if the AD meet is in South Carolina, I'll gladly make my way to it. :)

As for a separate Chitown meet-up, I'm going to be at the Nov. 6th DN Expo regardless, so whoever else is in town at that time, let's get together! Maybe we can get Botti to make the drive from Iowa?

Hell, if we can get Botti to come to Chicago, I think it should be the All Deaf Meet of the decade! :P

Actually, my younger daughter volunteered to load me and her two kids in her SUV and take me there.

You may be incredibly disappointed. The fact that I am fairly affected by autism and agoraphobic gets in the way.

I am the best typing communicator! So if it happens for a dinner, I will attend, but forewarned not to expect much. :Oops:

Forgot to say AD is my first experiment with socialization since my youth. You are the first people I reached out to.

if i may... what does agoraphobic mean?

if i may... what does agoraphobic mean?

It means I am terrified of being away from the safety of my home. Though I go places with family members, it is still in my comfort zone.

I am terrified of strangers and have extreme problems with eye contact and get panic attacks.

Damn..I really really want to go. I will start searching for cheap flight tickets and talk to my hubby about it...

It means I am terrified of being away from the safety of my home. Though I go places with family members, it is still in my comfort zone.

I am terrified of strangers and have extreme problems with eye contact and get panic attacks.

you said your daughter would be there. and i think its safe to say anyone on AD will go out of there way to make you feel comfortable and safe if you go no matter what.

you said your daughter would be there. and i think its safe to say anyone on AD will go out of there way to make you feel comfortable and safe if you go no matter what.

I am sure you are correct. That is why I am agreeing to try it. :)

Totally agree with you. ;)

you will be disappointed at expo.

Back