Deaf Nation Expo/ All Deaf Meet up November Chicago, IL.

Actually, my younger daughter volunteered to load me and her two kids in her SUV and take me there.

You may be incredibly disappointed. The fact that I am fairly affected by autism and agoraphobic gets in the way.

I am the best typing communicator! So if it happens for a dinner, I will attend, but forewarned not to expect much. :Oops:

Forgot to say AD is my first experiment with socialization since my youth. You are the first people I reached out to.

no worry. Botti will feel at home when I'm around :cool2:

It means I am terrified of being away from the safety of my home. Though I go places with family members, it is still in my comfort zone.

I am terrified of strangers and have extreme problems with eye contact and get panic attacks.

this is why I don't shave my head. It has that kind of effect on everybody. they saw me and asked - why are you so angry? :dunno:

this is why I don't shave my head. It has that kind of effect on everybody. they saw me and asked - why are you so angry? :dunno:

:lol: What? You with shaved head gives people panic attacks?

Oh, well. Thanks for the reassurance. You are really going to Chicago Nov. 6 then?

Now I really wish I could go. Ah well, maybe if it ever comes to the South. Orlando is better than Miami or Tampa, but that's my opinion.

Where place you like to meet for AD group?

Woodfield mall (Big mall in IL that I know so far) (Sbarro, Rainforest cafe, cheesecake factory, near Borders‎, etc.)

Ram (bar and good food)
Uno (famous pizza)
California pizza (famous pizza but kind expensive)
Chipotle (this is my fav mexico food)

Uno? Meh, there's better pizza in Wicker Park: Piece. It's not Chicago style (which I don't care for) and it's also a brewery. Very reasonably priced, too. But yeah, it's in Wicker Park, not downtown.

Where place you like to meet for AD group?

Woodfield mall (Big mall in IL that I know so far) (Sbarro, Rainforest cafe, cheesecake factory, near Borders‎, etc.)

Ram (bar and good food)
Uno (famous pizza)
California pizza (famous pizza but kind expensive)
Chipotle (this is my fav mexico food)

Gosh, I haven't eat Chipotle for a while. And comeon, it's almost everywhere in USA. Give us unique that are made for Chicago that nothing can be find.

:hmm: I may go there. I will drive or fly to Chicago, either.

Uno? Meh, there's better pizza in Wicker Park: Piece. It's not Chicago style (which I don't care for) and it's also a brewery. Very reasonably priced, too. But yeah, it's in Wicker Park, not downtown.

I love Uno's.....and it's close to all the good stuff. Plus it's Chicago style.....when in Rome......

Drinks on the curb are a social event themselves.

:hmm: I am hungry now....And there is an Uno's just 20 miles away. :)

Uno here is :barf:

I think it's no longer in business.

November 6th... Saturday....

I think most will come in on Friday and leave on Sunday. Ya'all - please give us some suggestions for things-to-do in Chicago as a group! Uno sounds like a good place for AD dinner on Saturday after the expo.

November 6th... Saturday....

I think most will come in on Friday and leave on Sunday. Ya'all - please give us some suggestions for things-to-do in Chicago as a group! Uno sounds like a good place for AD dinner on Saturday after the expo.

Screw Uno!!!! C'mon, we can do better than Uno. Do they even serve alcohol there??? I say if there's no beer, then no deal. :cool:

Things to do: Hmm, there's a lot in Chicago. Lots of dance clubs and blues/jazz houses. Not sure if many of us care about that, but just mentioning it.

There's Navy Pier, which is fun. Carnival rides, food and beer, fireworks over Lake Michigan on Weds and Saturday nights, etc. There's the Chicago Institute of Art, which is an amazing art museum (one of the best in the entire world actually). There's the Chicago riverwalk, which is a really cool walking path through the city along the water, and then there are many famous buildings an architectural destinations, such as The Sears Tower, the Water tower, and the Hancock Building. And lots and lots of shopping along the magnificent mile. Then of course there are the Blackhawks and the Bulls. (No baseball in November, and who wants to go to freezing ass soilder field to watch the stinkin' bears?)

These are my best suggestions for things to do in Chitown, but they're probably not very practical for a large group, especially a large group of us raging deafies. :lol:

If there are any local Chicago deafies, perhaps they can suggest some good insider things and places that will accommodate a large group for food and socializing. Speak up!

Gosh, I haven't eat Chipotle for a while. And comeon, it's almost everywhere in USA. Give us unique that are made for Chicago that nothing can be find.

That's all I know for most restaurants are near to Harper college. I am sure there is many restaurants but they are more than 1 hour away from Harper college to downtown depend on traffic.

Screw Uno!!!! C'mon, we can do better than Uno. Do they even serve alcohol there??? I say if there's no beer, then no deal. :cool:

Things to do: Hmm, there's a lot in Chicago. Lots of dance clubs and blues/jazz houses. Not sure if many of us care about that, but just mentioning it.

There's Navy Pier, which is fun. Carnival rides, food and beer, fireworks over Lake Michigan on Weds and Saturday nights, etc. There's the Chicago Institute of Art, which is an amazing art museum (one of the best in the entire world actually). There's the Chicago riverwalk, which is a really cool walking path through the city along the water, and then there are many famous buildings an architectural destinations, such as The Sears Tower, the Water tower, and the Hancock Building. And lots and lots of shopping along the magnificent mile. Then of course there are the Blackhawks and the Bulls. (No baseball in November, and who wants to go to freezing ass soilder field to watch the stinkin' bears?)

These are my best suggestions for things to do in Chitown, but they're probably not very practical for a large group, especially a large group of us raging deafies. :lol:

If there are any local Chicago deafies, perhaps they can suggest some good insider things and places that will accommodate a large group for food and socializing. Speak up!

Yes, Uno have full bar as serve alcohol.

Good idea. Chinatown is not far away from Navy Pier. We can take a bus then train between Navy Pier to Chinatown in under 1 hour.

Yes, Most chinatown's restaurants are not great for large group. I am agreed with you.

Of course they serve alcohol. You sure you are thinking of Uno's? Pretty famous for Margarita's on the curb.

Mother's is a great bar close by. It's huge. Has a dance floor, pool tables, a couple of basketball hoops and darts...... It's like an old school Dave and Buster's. It is part of two blocks of bars/pubs so it's a great area for a crawl. Very safe area too.

I have always considered Navy Pier a better daytime place tyhan a nighttime place....that's just me though.

If Michael Jordan's is still open and the same that might be an ideal spot too. It was three levels in the past Food level,club level and sports bar level. All in one kinda place.

wow, look at these plans many are making, looks soooo fun, still don't know about making it myself, but you guys would be so close... :) :hmm:

Back