Deaf Nation Expo/ All Deaf Meet up November Chicago, IL.

Why bother to book a hotel at downtown Chicago? There is a lot hotels (Schamburg) around 10min away from Deaf Expo.

Sound good. not so far to O'Hara International Airport

Usually you can find great hotel deals on Friday and Saturday night downtown. They have so many hotels due to business and conventions that usually half the rooms downtown are empty.

No need for a car downtown either. Trains are safe and the city is very walkable. Plus bars downtown stay open til 5 am on weekends. :)

Sound good. not so far to O'Hara International Airport

Well, if you take taxi from O'hare to Deaf Expo then no problem.

Train/bus take forever depend on clock.

Chicago O'Hare International Airport, Chicago, IL 60666 to 1200 W Algonquin Rd, Palatine, IL 60067 - Google Maps

For people who take airplane then O'hare to downtown Chicago for hotel should be okay.

Chicago O'Hare International Airport, Chicago, IL 60666 to 733 W Madison St, Chicago, IL 60661 - Google Maps

For people who take drive then stay at hotel near Deaf Expo are cheap, free parking, easy to find than downtown Chicago.

Any questions?

Well, if you take taxi from O'hare to Deaf Expo then no problem.

Train/bus take forever depend on clock.

Chicago O'Hare International Airport, Chicago, IL 60666 to 1200 W Algonquin Rd, Palatine, IL 60067 - Google Maps

For people who take airplane then O'hare to downtown Chicago for hotel should be okay.

Chicago O'Hare International Airport, Chicago, IL 60666 to 733 W Madison St, Chicago, IL 60661 - Google Maps

For people who take drive then stay at hotel near Deaf Expo are cheap, free parking, easy to find than downtown Chicago.

Any questions?

I can take to rent a car. not needing to take cab.

I don't mind going to Chicago for Deaf Expo and AD all meet-up. I would take Amtrak ride from here to there...it's only 10 hours and 45 minutes ride. I've been to the Windy City twice before. I have a numerous of deaf friends outside of the city. If I decide to go there, I'd like to meet Kris (aka Neo) and Galen.

I don't mind going to Chicago for Deaf Expo and AD all meet-up. I would take Amtrak ride from here to there...it's only 10 hours and 45 minutes ride. I've been to the Windy City twice before. I have a numerous of deaf friends outside of the city. If I decide to go there, I'd like to meet Kris (aka Neo) and Galen.

:lol: The Highlander and I have so much in common! We love Subaru, both live in the same state, moved to the same state for gf's sake and many other things! I will be bringing along my gf, I hope we can make it to Chicago in Nov. I have never been to a major Alldeaf meet, but have been to a minor one in Seattle with Jiro, Celicity and Missywinks.

why train? it's nearly the same cost as plane fare.

It's me aka Neo. :wave: That's great to see you again soon!

:lol: The Highlander and I have so much in common! We love Subaru, both live in the same state, moved to the same state for gf's sake and many other things! I will be bringing along my gf, I hope we can make it to Chicago in Nov. I have never been to a major Alldeaf meet, but have been to a minor one in Seattle with Jiro, Celicity and Missywinks.

I think Douglas rode my old Subaru before. We will leave from QC at saturday morning and you? You will meet my wife soon.

It's me aka Neo. :wave: That's great to see you again soon!

I think Douglas rode my old Subaru before. We will leave from QC at saturday morning and you? You will meet my wife soon.

Awesome that she rode your old subaru. :lol:

We might leave on Friday and stay there for 2 nights and return on Sunday, possiblity. We'll have to plan ahead in October, I think.

Not always. I'm kind of frequent Amtrak rider. I sometimes get cheaper fare compared to flight fare for the same desination. Another thing is, I don't like to rely on credit card too much.

Not always. I'm kind of frequent Amtrak rider. I sometimes get cheaper fare compared to flight fare for the same desination. Another thing is, I don't like to rely on credit card too much.

how cheap?

It is possibility cheaper to ride on the train than on the plane if you have kids coming along. I will rather drive because it's only 4-5 hour drive to there. I pray the weather won't be too icey. We aren't going to bring 2 boys and a gal to Chicago due to distraction and all.

It is possibility cheaper to ride on the train than on the plane if you have kids coming along. I will rather drive because it's only 4-5 hour drive to there. I pray the weather won't be too icey. We aren't going to bring 2 boys and a gal to Chicago due to distraction and all.

icey? that early in November? dang.... I'm glad I don't live far up north.

icey? that early in November? dang.... I'm glad I don't live far up north.

or you're glad that u live near the ocean...less chance of icey weather. :lol:

I think it won't happen until around THanksgiving, brrrr. Will keep eye on the weather.

Back