Deaf Family

Originally posted by BostonIceFire
I am the only member of my family who is deaf. No one else. Just me....

I think I'm the first one who's deaf in my entire family, even in all my generations. (Spinal Meningitis killed my ears.)

I'm the only deaf person in the entire family...I have like over 80 relatives and none of them are deaf...but in history, I have one great great GREAT grandfather who was deaf and he was a ship builder

I was born deaf but I'm not really sure how he became deaf so it was proably genetic though

The reason why I'm the only deaf person in the family is because I'm adopted.

my parents are the first generation of deaf in my family. my sister, brother are deaf and i'm hard of hearing. ;)

iam the only one who is deaf from birth on both sides of my family it is possible that my deafness could be related to the hearing problems that few of my relatives had ( no hearing loss though) My daughter is HOH but she got it when she had the croup and asthma attack at the same time that fucking scared me but thank god that she is fine!

I didn't know I was deaf? I came from all-hearing family. Never heard the term "deaf" before... eh?

I am a third generation for my family... grandparents, parents... sister and some cousins and uncles.

Knew someone who was a seventh generation! Gosh!

I have deaf sister, HoH cousin, HoH aunt, Deaf GREAT GREAT GREAT grandparents, and obviously more ppl in back r deaf in my family.

I am one and only deaf in my family..... I have a HUGE family and they are all hearing . I was born that way so be it...

I´m only deaf in the hearing family.... :D
My 2 sisters are well with BSL.... :lol:

ONly deaf kid here rest are hearies, I MAY have a deaf cousin in ohio im not totally sure gotta contact a cousin to double check :)

I'm the only deaf one in my fam that I have met, but my mom mentioned a hard of hearing great uncle that I never met before.

Only Deaf in my entire family however i found out that my grandfather's cousin is deaf. does that count? and my grandfather's 2nd cousin deaf too :D

I'm the only deaf person in my family because my mum had german measles when pregnant with me. I was lucky not to have gotten the other complications, brain damage and blindness as well as heart problems. I'm just deaf. No one else in my family as far as I know is deaf, except for my grandparents who are slightly hearing impaired but that's age related.

I'm the only Deaf. Was Born hearing but HOH at 7 yrs and Deaf at 17 yrs due to Brain tumor.

Back