Bookstore Hangout

Oh yeah, never forget Mad Magazine as i think it is stop in England since few year ago!

Originally posted by Willy
you guys r totally opposite ~~ I HATE READING haha. i dunno why.
if you hate reading then how come you're in AD2? reading the posts??? :rofl:

Originally posted by vvti low rolla
i thought they won't allow you read books at stores unless you def buy?

Noooo, when I was working in bookstore, my boss said that if we allow customers to read at stores, they are more likely to buy stuff than just browsing around. And they buy coffees and food from café too.

Would love to crash the bookstore with a friend or two who are devoted to books. I did it several times here in So. California and Washington, DC in few past years... and hope to find some fellows to do so when I return to Jersey soon! :)

I like to browse by magazines, travel section, new paperbacks, and whatever is attractive to me on the display!

Thirft bookstores is a BIG CASH-saver compare to Borders and Barnes n Noble, I gotta ADMIT! :)

Well, I got the book, titled "Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn for $1 at a thrift/used bookstore as its cover price is $14.95 which usually sells at Borders or Barnes Noble!

I am a starving grad school student trying to be a budget wise til I land with a real job! :P

I agree! It is nice to find good books at bargain bookstores or recycle exchanges. At bookstores, it is also worthy to look through "bargain" sections too. When I was working at Borders, I would use my discount, plus one special discount day to have extra discount and buy loads of bargain books! LOL

I read at barnes and nobles and at borders, i like barnes and nobles they have a cafe next to it, namely STARBUCKS so i can read the newspaper and have my mocha and sometimes i ll browse around checking out places here there and everywhere cuz they can take u to another place and not have to be in the real world for the time being:)

We have a 2 story Barnes & Noble bookstore here in Rochester. I visited it once and it was HUGE! I'm hoping to visit that store sometimes again in the near future.

Well everyone.. just go to Barnes and Nobles in Chicago.... it's 4 floor building of books, music, games, movies, cafe, everything you need, it's there! IT's huge compared to Rochester!

Hanging around the bookstores are good because you got a lot of time to find the right books. You don't want to waste money on the books you don't like to read.

Originally posted by Stevey Boy
Hanging around the bookstores are good because you got a lot of time to find the right books. You don't want to waste money on the books you don't like to read.
:werd:

I love barnes and noble... they even have a place for you to sit, and to have coffee over reading books.

other stores are ok.... still have some interesting books for me to browse. Ha. I tend to drift over to the comic graphic novels section.... and whatever happened to those Cracked magazines? (much like MAD)

Back