Bookstore Hangout

Barnes & Noble DEFINATELY!!!!!!!!!!! altho ive not been there browsing for a long time -- should go back again sometime to browse hahaha

Originally posted by Liza
and whatever happened to those Cracked magazines? (much like MAD)

Yeah, I wondered about it too. I used to buy some Cracked issues.

Originally posted by Stevey Boy
Hanging around the bookstores are good because you got a lot of time to find the right books. You don't want to waste money on the books you don't like to read.

its not a library.....and I know what books I want.......I like to go by fave authors.....or borrow books with friends.....I have gotten bargain books and even given my books away. The libraries especially now with the budget cuts need some books...... I highly recommend for people to donate their old books that they dont read any more.....

I love Barnes and Noble bookstore.. it is a huge bookstore where plush chairs and big table surround around. My friend and I always sit there and do our homework assignments. The reason why we zoom to B&N is to AVOID our computers!! We have AOL fix, but we do need to have a BREAK!! LOL :naughty:

I usually go to Borders and spend there for couple of hours. Looking for books and magazines and I choose what I want to spend. I have loads book at home! I love to read book. It is my hobby.

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
its not a library.....and I know what books I want.......I like to go by fave authors.....or borrow books with friends.....I have gotten bargain books and even given my books away. The libraries especially now with the budget cuts need some books...... I highly recommend for people to donate their old books that they dont read any more.....

You cannot drink coffee and eat, whilst trying to read your stuff at the library. Also, there are musical performances, storybook time for kids, author signings, theme parties and above all, you can listen to music samples without a librarian hushing you.

Originally posted by Alex
Every now and then, I enjoy going to the local Barnes & Noble alone, and enjoy reading books and magazines. For example, earlier tonight I was there with a friend of mine, and once I picked out a book, I was hooked reading it for almost an hour. I didn't realize my friend was being a little impatient about that, so we left after reading 4-5 chapters. :o

Is it like a library? If not, tell me more about it.

Re: Re: Bookstore Hangout

Originally posted by ChelEler
Is it like a library? If not, tell me more about it.
It's not really like a library. It's a bookstore. They just add the chairs for a more comfortable atmosphere. They do expect some customers to use their chairs so they can take a few moments of their time to skim through some books before deciding whether to purchase it or not. However, many people go there and pretty much read the whole book while they are there.

I used to hung out at Bookstore and library often when I was in college.

Back