Any Embarrassing Or Goofy Moments In A Restaurant?...

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Reaction score
Share your experiences or stories of any embarrassing or goofy moments in a restaurant....

Here is mine:

A few years ago, Cheri and I went out to lunch at Red Lobster, ( we both were pregnant )...Cheri and I were signing to each other....When Cheri was signing while I was eating my meal and I suddenly responded back to her while I had a fork in my hand which flew out of my hand and hit a man in the head that was sitting a bit across from where we were sitting at :eek: ....I could remember the looks on his face when my fork did hit him even it did happened a few years ago.....He wasn't even mad or upset more of didn't know what had hit him in the first place :giggle: ...I felt horrible that it had happened and even apologized to him a couple of times, which he did said it was an accident....Cheri and I couldn't even stop laughing! Good Grief! :o

Good one!

I can't recall any funny or embarassing moments other than tripping over and spilling food from my tray everywhere on the floor a few times.

<-----clumsy gal :ugh:

I was in Tours, France, at a MacDonald's eating brekkie, and chatting with my friend.
I will never forget what happened: I was signing and then I signed with my arm behind me (I forgot why), but I accidentally hit the woman on the back of her head. I was so shocked, and both my friend and I laughed so hard. Finally, I told my friend (she is hearing) to please tell the lady I was very sorry and did not mean to hit her. The woman's reaction was also replied in polite French: "You certainly took the time to laugh, hence I cannot accept your apology." Both my friend and I were :Oops: then we just let it go.

I remember going out with friends for dinner from time to time and there was this joke we always played on the server. When they came to ask us if we wanted dessert, we'd always ask them how big and what shape the pies were. They would reply in a gesture that was a sign language for "pussy". Hehehe! When the server does that, we'd all laugh. ;)

VamPyroX said:
I remember going out with friends for dinner from time to time and there was this joke we always played on the server. When they came to ask us if we wanted dessert, we'd always ask them how big and what shape the pies were. They would reply in a gesture that was a sign language for "pussy". Hehehe! When the server does that, we'd all laugh. ;)

LOL Vamp..That was Bad! tsk tsk...;)

Hmmmm, well with kids, you're bound to have embarrassing moments - especially if one of them likes to gag and then throw up in the middle of the damn place. Ryan has done that a couple of times - we can never show our faces again in a couple of restaurants around here. :) Of course, they seemed to understand, but I'm sure they made a mental note of what Ryan looks like.

The good side to all this is - well...we don't have to clean up...THEY DO! Heh heh!

Hmm...interesting thread...to reveal our embarrassing moments...heh heh!

Long, long ago, I had this 'date' (actually my first date) and took her out to eat at a restaurant that primarily served fish food...naturally wanting to be impressive on this first date...when we had gotten our food and I was in the midst of trying to open a tarter sauce packet when all of a sudden it squirted high and mighty up onto the wall where we were sitting next to...watching it slowly streaking down the wall...my face became beet-red while she was gasping and then laughing so hard that I wanted to get out of the dang place quickly!! (of course I didn't bother opening any other tarter sauce packets!)

Another time, I was with a couple other guys in two different vehicles heading home from NTID when we stopped at a roadside restaurant along the way...ordering coffee to help us stay awake...after each guy had their turn with the cream and sugar, I grabbed the jar containing the sugar, and after tipping it downwards to the cup of coffee and nothing was coming out and after a few forceful jabs, the lid of the jar popped open spilling the sugar all over the table and making the coffee splattering out on the table...my two friends laughed out loud which made all the other customers and servers look towards me while I was holding a topless, empty jar of sugar with coffee and sugar everywhere.... :squint:

*ahems* You guys sure had your moments....here's mine...

It was during my sophomore year in high school and we were on a trip for away volleyball game. We've stopped at Hardee's for our dinner after the game and I was sitting in a booth with other teammate and the coaches were sitting in the next booth. Anyways, I was playing with ketchup packet to kill some time and next thing I knew, I saw the teammate moved sideway and I was like whatever and then I slam my fist on the table, completely forgetting the ketchup packet and there went the ketchup squirshing and flying over the table and landed in my head coach's hair and on her shoulder as well as the other asst coach on his shirt. I turned so red that the coaches knew it was me all along. The other girls laughed their asses off and I had to try to stiff my mouth from laughing and told them I'm sorry. They were a bit mad at my accident for few hours. Almost every away games, even in other sports, the girls made sure I don't have the ketchup with me other than using it.

Now that's teamwork, eh?

Barely Remmy whole the most embrassement w/my family or else..

Espically Only Once in my scar head.. about Eternity.. (chuckles)
When Eternity and I went to the Wal-mart in North Cailfornia somewhere (cannot remmy where locate) Probably Eternity know where is it..
Eternity dares open the package and curiouis. I stunned and saw.. turned me embrassement because of front of public sees. I avoid her.. I told her, Stay away from me.. doesn't want near you anywhere because you're dare do anything open the package. Until finished the shopping.. So then I can closer her again.. *sheesh* how am I embrassement the moment.. I hate being public sees me while with Eternity doing! I'd rather being honestly in the shopping anywhere and doesn't want open the package. (Too Scary 4 me) Includes Food Shopping, She did open the food package, Geez.. not again.. doesn't want near her ever again!!!! :sigh: Next time, Don't near me EVER again while in the shopping.. If r u seeing me.. Okay.. Be Remmy what am I saying to you.. :P ~sticks my tongue out!

(When I was in vacation in South and North Cailfornia about 4 or 5 times)

I'm confused here Bullymom, what kind of package? food package? you mean chips etc? and she was eating it out of the package without paying for it? is that what you mean?...

Forgive me, I didn't quite get what you are trying to say...

VamPyroX said:
THAT is the funniest thing I've heard all week! I wait tables a few times a week, and I never thought of that--mostly because I'm not great at signing. :ily: HA! That is cracking me up!

There was a time I went to dinner with some friends. One of them knocked over her drink. She panicked and tried to stop the flow of her drink by putting her napkin at the edge of the flow. In the process, she knocked over two more drinks. Eek! Her face turned so red that she ran off to the bathroom and wouldn't come out until the table was cleaned up and one of our other friends went to get her out. :Oops:

^Angel^ said:
I'm confused here Bullymom, what kind of package? food package? you mean chips etc? and she was eating it out of the package without paying for it? is that what you mean?...

Forgive me, I didn't quite get what you are trying to say...
Any kind of package, Likely eg: Many different brands of kitchen/foods/and many others too...

Oh OK...

I went out with a guy from my work and we decide to go out To Eat so we went to Denny's Cuz that the only Place that Opens 24 Hours...We got a table and sat he said he had to use the restroom so he left and This Drunk Guy came over and sat on my table and just layed on the booth chair I was like Umm..... So My date came out and said what is he doing here? I was like Umm I really do not know. and He was trying to wake this guy up and this guy kicked him omg! and My date Grabbed him and trying to get him up and he Got More Pissed off and Bang his fist on the table and started cussing and Everyone was Watching! :Oops: Then I told My date Let's just find another Table but My date was too suborn to listen so he kept fighting with this Drunk Guy So I Was getting More Embarrassed and I said Please Let's Just go to another table! 2 Cops came up to us and arrested this Drunk guy and I was Like Mad the same time I wish My date will just walk away instead of fighting with this Drunk Guy. :crazy:

Malfoyish said:
Hmmmm, well with kids, you're bound to have embarrassing moments - especially if one of them likes to gag and then throw up in the middle of the damn place. Ryan has done that a couple of times - we can never show our faces again in a couple of restaurants around here. :) Of course, they seemed to understand, but I'm sure they made a mental note of what Ryan looks like.

The good side to all this is - well...we don't have to clean up...THEY DO! Heh heh!

LOL Well, I have my own restaurant story to tell and it's similiar to yours, Malf. A friend of ours managed this Steakhouse called the Ponderosa about omigosh, 30 yrs ago. LOL

Well, one evening, my parents took us all out eat dinner there. My sister, who was probably two at the time, vomited in the middle of the restaurant! LOL even before we had a chance to be seated. She just tossed her cookies right in the middle of everything. LOL

The girl who was seating us said, "Uhh, just a second ....Let me get the manager." And, out comes Charlie...He takes one look and goes "Oh, NO! You gotta be KIDDIN' ME?!" LOL My Dad gave him an :dunno: look, and we made our apologies . Then, they took us home. My sister was a lovely shade of green ... lol I was five at the time, and I remember being pretty cranky at the idea that we had to go home. I had NO sympathy for my sister, whatsoever! lol

I have a few..

1. When I was a baby and we had just moved to MN (from Colorado) my grandma was visiting us too. We were at pizza hut, I was about 2-3 years old. My gma put a large cup of pop near me so I could drink it, and my dad said, "I dont think you should put that near her." Gma says, "oh she'll be fine, shes a big girl. I did it for you." "Ok, Mom, whatever you say."

*5 mins later*

*splash!!!* *baby laughing* "I told you so." I spilled the whole cup, no less! Ice and all!! :)

When I was little, I had a habit of going under the table to get out, and go walk around. Somehow I went under, and I banged my head really hard on the table, so hard that the dishes clattered and my parents (who were still married at the time) were worried. I walked out from under the table.... laughing. Yeah, I'm the family klutz.

3. Another one, is a little stupider. I was 17.. Uh huh yeah ok. And I dont recall what caused it, but i got a bad case of the laughs. And its really bad when I get it. We were at IHOP, my mom, her husband and I, in Colorado. My mom said something not really funny but (laughs at the memory) I dont recall what it was. But i laughed and laughed and laughed SO hard. I really could not stop. I gasped for breath and could not drink. Everytime I tried to talk, i'd burst into laughter. The waiter comes and says "can I take your order?" *laughter from my mom and i* It was so bad, he left and came back 5 mins later and I was still laughing. =X Good times.. yeah good times. :giggle:

Edit: I have one more.. its not really a restauraunt.. but its gross like the rest of the stories here.. lol.

I was about uhm i think 4th grade? Anyways my mom was in a bowling league, and we had to eat supper really quick. She made some frozen mixed vegetables with some stuff, and I HATED it. It had carrot cubes, green beans, lima beans, all this shit I didnt like. (Hey! I was 11!) Anyways I forced it all down cause my mom didnt wanna be late. When we got there all I wanted was CANDY CANDY CANDY! I stole (not really) money from my dad and went to the candy machine. I stuffed my face (ok, really, i did.) And then a few hours later.. still munching (hey I am a fat kid ok?) Anyways.. Bowling's over, time to go home..

NO! WAIT!!
*little jamie runs to the bathroom with her sister and dad following*

I threw up, FOUR times. I missed the toilet twice. =/ My sister walked in and screamed (I was pretty much hearing at the time) and I just said "I need paper towels, please Janna!" she gave me some under the stall.. Ugh I still remember this day.. We walked out and my dad told them there was a mess in the ladies room, and the guy took one look at me (pale faced and shivering) and told my dad to clean it up himself. (Fucking asshole.) Anyways we left, drove home.. but not before I said

*STOP PULL OVER!*

and threw up again. We got home and my mom rushed to the bathroom, and she tends to stay long.. I had to throw up one more time.. It landed in the sink with the dirty dishes =X Thats SIX times in one night. I did not throw up again until last year. So 10 years I never threw up! But what a nightmare.. =/

Last edited by a moderator:
Oceanbreeze said:
LOL Well, I have my own restaurant story to tell and it's similiar to yours, Malf. A friend of ours managed this Steakhouse called the Ponderosa about omigosh, 30 yrs ago. LOL

Ponderosa!! OMG I havent heard of those in YEARS!! They have them in FLA?

Some time back I was in a bar, sitting next to a kindly and elderly man. He was a good listener and I got more and more animated as I talked with him about various subjects.
I lit up a cigarette and continued my spirited discourses on politics while he listened patiently.
Finally, my arms flailing, I accidentally stuck my cigarette up his nose.
He went "ARRRGHHHH!!!!!" and I had a b8itch of a time removing the cig, since, ahem, he no longer wanted anything to do with me.
I got thrown out of course.

I remember some years ago -- my family -- my dad, mum, sister and myself were eating dinner at Denny's in downtown Santa Rosa. I had a bottle of ketchup and hadn't realised the cap on it wasn't screwed on properly, so I shook it to loosen the ketchup -- the cap flew off and ketchup splattered all over my dad and the window behind him! Eeps! At first, he was pissed off...then soon saw the funny side to it, phew! :)

LOL, Angel, at least you didn't have to go to the guy, pull the fork out of his neck and say, "Your'e done, Sir". :thumb:

Back