1 year anniversary for my...

MsGiglz

Reaction score
not smoking...

Today as of March 7, 2008.. I quit smoking last year March 7, 2007.. that I was smoking for 30 years.. between 2-3 pack a day but last 6 years, cut down to 1 pack a day since I met my man and changed smoking pattern.. not to smoke around kids and my man.. and not in the house.. but still didnt quit completely...

I want to dedicated to my special friend Kim who passed away March 1, 2007.. and my family and other special friends who supported me.. big plus to Lord.. for all greatest and blessings..

one week before March 7 2007, My friend Kim died from pneumonia that she still smoke and drinking whilist she was sick for couple months.. her only daughter always hanging out with our kids, I took care of her once in while while Kim and her husband gone out.. she was very great and open heart to everyone with great laughs and her great jokes.. I tried to help her to respect herself , proud and blessings that Lord gave her 2nd chance of life.. that she had few transplant orgrans... kidney, pacerna, & lung.. that was too bad that she didnt take care of herself.. when she passed away day after her birthday (feb 28) march 1st.. we had beauitful funeral follow that week.. I had bad colds and coughs.. night of 6th March.. I didnt smoke that night cuz it hurt when you cough.. following through night, i coughed so hard.. and woke up in morning, tried to get the kids ready for school.. they said.. Mommy.. your coughs sound like Kim.. It really hit me and I freaked out.. I went out and saw Dr.. I begged him that its not pneumonia.. and I prayed that not something i could die or short life..
After Dr checked and said its only brochistic.. but stop smoking, I told Dr.. yes.. and begged him to help me.. he gave me inhaler with small dosage.. he said.. use that as much you needed for smoking.. and other regular inhaler for my wheezing..
after few days.. it was hard but i was really sick.. for a week.. I have faith with Lord that I am not going die.. I will get better..
couple weeks went by.. we were so busy and stress with move to West Va and all that.. I totally forgot about smoking.. I kept that way..
I just cant believe that i went through and made it.. I am not planning to go back to smoking at all..
Thanks all who supported me.. and Lord too..

I thought I shared my story..

*hugs*

CONGRATS!!! I've been quit on smoking for 8 years! This month! WHOO!

:dance2:

Keep positive...

I can image how good you have feeling because I withnessed how my hubby had through like you. He did it successful and quit smoking last April 2004. He haven't smoke for 4 years now...

I am sorry about the loss of your friend Kim which is really sad. :(

congrats.gif

I'm so proud of you, It must been so hard, but I'm surprised you did it. I'm working on quitting too, because being 37 I aren't getting any younger, so I rather to see my boys grow up, get married have children, I wanna be there all the way. I'm so glad you quit, it takes alot of will power to quit because smoking is very addict, I would know.

:bowdown: MsGiglz You did it. ;)

Im so sorry to hear about Kim. :(

Congrats annie!!! I am happy for you!!!! Hugs!!!!! Aww thats a sad story and u made me cry reading about your friend Kim.. My mom had pnuemonia and she almost died.. now she quit smoking and it have been 5 and few months since she quit smoking. I quit smoking too.. and it will be 10 years this June and I really worked so hard to quit and I succeeded. Keep up with that knowing you have kids and your man that will keep you going.. Hugs! :)

congrate misgiglz
happy that you did pull it to quit smile

i am sorry about your friend kim hugs

congrats!!! I hope so, stay forever without smoke :)

I am sorry to hear about your loss Kim, but be positive thinking. :hug:

Congrat on your quit smoking.

Welcome to healthly again :D

Wow Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking and here's a well-earned :hug: too!!

Hi Annie :) I had to come in and say CONGRATULATIONS!!! You've made me so proud. You've come a long way. 30 years is hard to believe, but I'm glad you didn't think it's never too late to quit. You go girl!!! Btw, I'm very sorry about Kim and I remembered your story from last year. Wow, the year sure have flown... Keep it up honey!!!

CONGRATS!

At least I know that when August 8, 2008 comes around, I can also say, "I been smoke free for one year!"

Congrats!!!

I am sorry about your friend, Kim.

Congrats on giving up smoking! It does make you feel good fresh and no more smoking smell on your clothes and body. My hubby gave up about 5 years ago and he is more fit & healthy now. I gave up nearly 2 years ago after my Dr's warning. :)

I'm sorry about your friend Kim. She did give you a good memory by being your friend.

Keep it up and stay healthy. My exh quit smoking last October I think but it sure make him feel better. :D He is still waiting for his wife to quit. :giggle:

Congrats on your "quitting" smoking!!!! It must be so hard to give up on smoking.

For me, I never smoke...and never plan to do that.

congrats on quit of your smoking for one years,misgiglz

i had lung surgery when i was 12 years old and my lungs never harm at me.They later my decision i start smoking at ages 18 years old for 6 years till quit for few years dues i dating several previous boyfriend who dont smoking they i resumes smoking till i dating my boyfriend James who lives in London,England and he dont smoking so he asked me to stop smoking that his rules.

My late Grandfather been longer chain smoking and my late Grandfather refuse to quit smoking because my mom cant breathe dues asthma but my late Grandfather had 2 heart attack from 1975 and 1976 but he passed away in 1976 but my late Grandfather never have heart surgery when he passed away but i never see him before i was born in 1981 that why im his first granddaughter but my late grandfather still in spirit with us.

Congrats for your one year anniversary of not smoking! MsGiglz.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Kim.

Congratulations for being smoke-free after a year. I know it must not be easy quitting. It takes a lot of will-power to challenge the mentality and the craving of lighting up a cigarette. You can be persistent and stick to it which makes it all better. :)

I'm sorry about your friend, Kim.

Back