your smartphone history?

You forgot the sidekick 4G, it's been discontinued.

Motorola T-900
Sidekick II, III, LX '09, 4G
Just recently got Samsung Galaxy S3.

Sidekick I
Sidekick II
Cingular 8525
Samsung Epix (dubbed as Blackjack III)
Samsung Galaxy S
Motorola Atrix HD (current phone)

Last edited:
Had AOL pager long time ago.... when I travel, I didn't have much receptions and never liked it. When AOL shut down the pager, I got rid of it lol

AOL Pager
RIM Pager
Couple Different Blackberry phones (dont remember model #)
Sidekick (few diff ones, II, III)
LG Cosmo
HTC Thunderbolt
ipod touch 2nd gen (using with mobile hotspot from clear.com)
Motorola T900
LG Ally
Iphone 4 (currently using)

Wirelessly posted

AOL pager
basic tmobile cell phone w aim
Sidekick 2
Goggle droid G3 tmobile
Iphone4 currently

The only smartphone I've ever owned is the G2. I'm soon going to get a different smartphone.

My wife has the iPhone 4S.

The only smartphone I've ever owned is the G2. I'm soon going to get a different smartphone.

My wife has the iPhone 4S.

You have a wife now? I missed the news, LOL. Congrats on the marriage and hope it lasts. :)

UTStarcom Super Slice (Virgin Mobile)
LG Rumor 2 (Virgin Mobile)
LG Rumor Touch (Virgin Mobile)
Sidekick LX 2009 (tmobile)
Samsung Gravity 3 (tmobile)
Tmobile Dash 3G (tmobile)
Samsung Intercept (Virgin Mobile)
LG Optimus V (Virgin Mobile)
Galaxy Tab (Sprint)
Samsung Epic (Sprint)
Motorola Photon 4G(Sprint)

Wow, you Folks have had a lot of phones!

Most of these aren't smartfones, but here we go!

1999-2007 Nokia 3210 (Vodafone)
2007-2009 Nokia 5140i (Vodafone)
2009-2011 Nokia e63 (3network)
2011-now HTC Desire HD (Virgin Mobile)

2000-2002: AOL pager
2003: Sidekick 1
2004: Sidekick 2
2006: Sidekick 3
2008: Blackberry 3G
2010: Blackberry Curve
2012: iPhone 3G
2013: iPhone 4S

My new one this year is:
2013: 3G/HSPA Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7. Imported it from Hong Kong, since USA doesn't sell this model.

It's all metal and aluminum body unlike other plastic Samsung devices. Considered to be the best of all 7" tablet models.

I still have the International Galaxy S2 (imported from Canada) but haven't decided if I want to keep it. The Tab 7.7 is basically a 7.7" phone, does everything like phone since it has sim card slot.

I don't know if I will keep it yet. It only fit in some of my pockets, but has a nice folder case.
I may or may not size down to the Note but doing that would only be a downgrade.

I have too many to list......however currently, I have the iPhone 5 since last christmas.
I recall owning sidekick III and the Slide..also owned iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s and then my iPhone 5.

I have too many to list......however currently, I have the iPhone 5 since last christmas.
I recall owning sidekick III and the Slide..also owned iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s and then my iPhone 5.

What's the iPhone 5 like? I'm debating between that and the Blackberry Z10. I hear the keyboard is easier to use on the Z10 than Apple...and then there's the issue with Apple's battery....

Laura

What's the iPhone 5 like? I'm debating between that and the Blackberry Z10. I hear the keyboard is easier to use on the Z10 than Apple...and then there's the issue with Apple's battery....

Laura

I think it is best to test yourself between iPhone 5 and BB Z10 at carrier store.

The tastes varies.

Foxrac is correct - the tastes are varied each person on their perferenances - iPhone 5 is excellent phone and it handles powerful multitasking on many apps due to the processor. however I would perfer that apple to enlargen the screen a little more - otherwise I may jump to samsung smartphones later in the future but thing is I am a apple fan.............................

In the UK we often have different names for the same models. I was one of the first users of smartphones here. Only when the iPhone came out here in the UK in 2007 did they start becoming popular.
2004 - O2 Xda IIs (HTC Blue Angel)
2007 - O2 Xda Trion (HTC Hermes/TyTN)
2007/8? - Blackberry 8800 [work provided this phone]
2010 - HTC Desire
2013 - ???

Can't decide what my next smartphone will be. I've seriously considered iPhone 5, Samsung Note/S3/S4 and HTC One

Laura

iPhone's battery was not bad. It's last me around two days with LTE network. Android is worse than iPhone for battery life with LTE.

Again, always take test first like test drive before buy.

iPhone's battery was not bad. It's last me around two days with LTE network. Android is worse than iPhone for battery life with LTE.

Again, always take test first like test drive before buy.

It true. Newer ones are getting better. Old qualcomm chip was much worse I think android OS isn't designed very well to limit or priority the task on battery, need to manual user and define.

I still prefer 3G/HSPA device because it is fast enough for me and extra battery life.
Does 3G 4/4S get more battery than 5 LTE?

Back