Your name is what?!

luckystar

Reaction score
Do you know/met people with weird or unique names...for example here on some I know

I have an aunt Vendetta, which is weird for a person if you know the meaning.
My friends daughter is Noelani, kinda different but has a good meaning(gift from above)
My finacee's friend is, Thanasi, but they call him Thano
I have a cousin named Solvag....but I might have spelled it wrong
I knew twins named, Orangejello, and Lemonjello, but not pronounced like jello, pronounced like O ron ga lo, and La mon ja lo
I have a second cousin named, September

I cant think of anymore right now, but I know I know more

:giggle: Are you sure their strange names aren't nick names? ;)

I have a few people at my job called others by their nick names that were given to them, One guy's name is eggroll. He even turned around when you yelled out "eggroll" :rofl:

Another guy's name is Moose, I have no idea why they gave him that nick name But, he loves it. He even brought a t-shirt that says, "Watch out!, Here comes Moose!"

My dad? they call him "burger" I have no idea why in the world they came up with that name either. :crazy:

They haven't named me anything, Which that's a good thing I think. :whistle:

I got rare real name! :-D Wanna to find out, just talk with me and eventually you will find out my real name. :-D Only very few ADers knows my real name as of this moment.

yeah cheri I am sure they are not nick names, as you can see, I am related to most of them. They are funny names though...And as for orangejello and lemonjello, I saw their drivers license...

And I would love to know your unique name, but Im shy, so I dont talk to many people.......

luckystar said:
yeah cheri I am sure they are not nick names, as you can see, I am related to most of them. They are funny names though...And as for orangejello and lemonjello, I saw their drivers license...

And I would love to know your unique name, but Im shy, so I dont talk to many people.......

I believe you sweetie. I know someone who has an unique name, "Lucky Sword", How weird can that get? :giggle: Oh and another time, I have met a guy who's name is Bubba, and I never thought it was a person's name, only pets name. :lol:

That's all I could think of at this moment, but mostly I know by their nick names that were given to them. If that doesn't count, I'm sorry. ;)

I have a uncle name pepsi.. and a friend of mine name Kali... other is Dawniella most are so cute names I'm telling ya.. it's not very werid but RARE name than COMMON NAMES like my is Crystal .. or Mike or Greg its very common names for everyone so they want to create a rare names that nice tho...

It may not be the first name but the last name. Yea I know a few once I move to NH from Mass. Boy oh boy did I ever heard those last names. Those are Sweet, Moon, Love, Tree and I cant think of other. But my brother in law first name is Red cuz he got red hair. LOL

I got tickled one time while at work of a client's first name...."Enima"....which made me think of enema (a liquid laxative in a bottle that you put in your butt until you use the bathroom for a few moments later).

I used to have a friend name is Raffi for a boy's name?! very unique name from africa ( I think?) and two twins name with PHET and Soud. weird name too.

Nancy said:
I got tickled one time while at work of a client's first name...."Enima"....which made me think of enema (a liquid laxative in a bottle that you put in your butt until you use the bathroom for a few moments later).
:laugh2: That's something!

I have a cousin name "Munchie" but his real name is Israel Jr. His father, my uncle, we called him "Tio Lil", not little just LIL. And his real name is Israel, too.

Luckystar You sure do got some odd names in your family! That's interesting!

I have a friend name Seaonna (SEE On A) she named her kids Breonna and Leonna

My daughter's name is Jaci.. not sure if its unique but its different to me.. Now I've seen a couple with a name like that.. Jacie, Jacey, Jaycee

:wave:
Well, what do you know! My name is unique especially in this country-- Kirsi !
Not to be confused with "Kerri", "Kristen", "Kirsten", "Kristi", "Krisi", "Kris", "Cristi" and the long list of misspell and misprouncations will never end...

I am aiming to set my kids out of the crowds by naming them with quirky names (My husband FINALLY approved ONE of my funky names so YAY!) that they probably will hate me for life until they realize that they are the originals, not ordinarys and eventually they will love me! ;)

And Sequioas, an AD member here, got "Feather" as his middle name! :giggle:

As for my circle of friends... [thinking hard] I know a friend who got a little sister named "Alexis" but the older sister kept calling her "Al" just out of spite. Meanie! :lol: I don't have enough friends with hippie or foreign parents.... Well foreign doesn't even help when my friend from Pakistan is named "Maria".... so ordinary!

My mother's real name was Eurine, she hated that name so she changed it to Eunice.

jazzy said:
My mother's real name was Eurine, she hated that name so she changed it to Eunice.

Oh boy.. it sounds line Urine.. I don't blame your mother for changing her name..

luckystar said:
Do you know/met people with weird or unique names...for example here on some I know

I have a cousin named Solvag....but I might have spelled it wrong

Your cousin name is spelled Solveig (as she happens to be my niece-- ;) )

luckystar said:
I knew twins named, Orangejello, and Lemonjello, but not pronounced like jello, pronounced like O ron ga lo, and La mon ja lo
I have a second cousin named, September

How would you like to name your own children such names that surely looks offbeat and way out of the ordinary? Although, as unique as their names are, hopefully living with these names isn't causing much duress (depression, etc..) when constantly being questioned and talked about over their strange names...at least, in a sense, they're unique!

Interesting thread--as for me, at the moment, I can't think of any unusual names within the family--only one I can think of is: 'Pops'...*coughs*...more of a nick-name you're calling me now...huh kiddo?! :lol:

Back