you plans get HDTV somedays you have give me tips for brand of HDTV?

oh definitely, I will buy a LED HDTV because it has an excellent energy star. It saves you a lot of electricity - 70 percent less of electricity. All LCD TVs have 20 percent of energy star which is not good at all. I rather to wait for the price to drop more so that it is a reasonable for anyone to buy it.

I don't care if it is a 40" LCD TV's price which cost 200 dollars, and I still won't buy it because of the electricity bill. If I have a windpower in my backyard, then that would be fine.

I really like LED TV but too costly. Require HD cable convertor for HDTV and should get component video cable for using closed captioning programs. HDMI don't support CC from cable convertor.

oh definitely, I will buy a LED HDTV because it has an excellent energy star. It saves you a lot of electricity - 70 percent less of electricity. All LCD TVs have 20 percent of energy star which is not good at all. I rather to wait for the price to drop more so that it is a reasonable for anyone to buy it.

I don't care if it is a 40" LCD TV's price which cost 200 dollars, and I still won't buy it because of the electricity bill. If I have a windpower in my backyard, then that would be fine.

See TV consumption chart on CNET.
The chart: HDTV power consumption compared - CNET Reviews

But no word about power saving LED TV??

Which is the best TV brand? - Yahoo! Answers Nice quick read of some opinions.

I'd stay away from a Vizio If I were you. They don't have the best track records, there IS a reason they tend to be relatively cheap and my friend has a Vizio, and it is dark and not great for gaming, although for movies it seems ok.

What I remeber about Plasma is, if the tv isn't 40 inches or bigger, it's not worth getting Plasma. If you're going under 40 inches, LCD is the way to go. I personally have a Westinghouse 22" LCD monitor(NOT a TV) and it rivals my Dad's 42 inch Maxent Plasma, although the Plasma wins for detailed pictures.

Please go to 3 minutes. They will show lists (Plasma and LCD).
I agree with this information

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzoFoy8W2dI&feature=related]YouTube - Plasma versus LCD TV Debate[/ame]

Also... very important to check angle viewing. Some LCD show poor picture at far left or right side.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WPu07HF8BU]YouTube - LG L246WP 24" LCD viewing angles.[/ame]

you have to consider kids...

they love to smash things.. not sure plasma is best for kids.

Look at Sara's avatar. She has puppy or hush dog. Watch out puppy excite and jump to push LCD or Plasma.

If, she has Nintendo Wii. I hope she does not have Wii
Watch out...... TV damaged by Wii' remote

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJG0A3XVqWQ&feature=related]YouTube - wii accident on lcd tv screen[/ame]

I'd stay away from a Vizio If I were you. They don't have the best track records, there IS a reason they tend to be relatively cheap and my friend has a Vizio, and it is dark and not great for gaming, although for movies it seems ok.

What I remeber about Plasma is, if the tv isn't 40 inches or bigger, it's not worth getting Plasma. If you're going under 40 inches, LCD is the way to go. I personally have a Westinghouse 22" LCD monitor(NOT a TV) and it rivals my Dad's 42 inch Maxent Plasma, although the Plasma wins for detailed pictures.

We have 1 plasma and 3 LCD at home.

Some alldeaf members have Vizio. They are happy with Vizio. I do not know what they have Vizio LCD or Plasma.

I prefer go with Plasma but NOT save energy.

You said that Vizio- "it is dark and not great for gaming, although for movies it seems ok".

I do not agree with you. If, it is dark then no good movie at all. No pleasure to see too dark. LCD does not have excellent black level. LCD is great for cartoon, game, local news and just TV programs.

Some movie (Underworld, Harry Potter, Cloverfield, Aliens, Hellboy, other) show too dark on LCD.

Plasma start from 32" and larger. Not many companies make 32" plasma.

Look at Sara's avatar. She has puppy or hush dog. Watch out puppy excite and jump to push LCD or Plasma.

If, she has Nintendo Wii. I hope she does not have Wii
Watch out...... TV damaged by Wii' remote

YouTube - wii accident on lcd tv screen

We own 42" LCD (almost 3 years) and Wii (almost 2 years) and no problem so far. :D

OLED is better than LCD and Plasma.

Plasma is better for movie and LCD is better for video game/VP/computer.

Depend what they want. We pick LCD in three years ago for save energy and avoid from burn screen.

Last edited:
You will check Black Friday Sale Ad next week to look for low cost HDTV.

im rather not going black friday shopping after thanksgiving im not big fans!! i hates get people grab everythings electronics!!!!!!

i told my friend who lives in Mississippi he work at walmart and he told me to stay out it about black friday shopping but he not going either..

We have 1 plasma and 3 LCD at home.

Some alldeaf members have Vizio. They are happy with Vizio. I do not know what they have Vizio LCD or Plasma.

I prefer go with Plasma but NOT save energy.

You said that Vizio- "it is dark and not great for gaming, although for movies it seems ok".

I do not agree with you. If, it is dark then no good movie at all. No pleasure to see too dark. LCD does not have excellent black level. LCD is great for cartoon, game, local news and just TV programs.

Some movie (Underworld, Harry Potter, Cloverfield, Aliens, Hellboy, other) show too dark on LCD.

Plasma start from 32" and larger. Not many companies make 32" plasma.

ok i got you!! i think i would agreed with another posts i would go with samsung because pictures really good quality if you can check it out..At walmart online and best buy also.I think Panasonic really good quality for HDTV if you give me tips? PM me im really wanted make friends

Walmart.com: Samsung 32" LCD 720p 60Hz HDTV, LN32B360: TVs
prices is $444.00 plus taxes

Samsung - 32" Class / 720p / 60Hz / LCD HDTV - LN32B360C5D
prices is $449.99 plus taxes

Panasonic - VIERA / 32" Class / 720p / 60Hz / LCD HDTV - TC-L32C12
prices is $429.99 plus taxes

im been using same brand Panasonic combo dvd/vcr for 7 years since 2002 but i talk my mom about i will move that old one to living room for family play games i would agreed with my mom..

Depending on how big your room is, how big your wallet is(assuming you want a new tv for your room), LCD is cheaper and better for a small room, Plasma is better for a larger room, espeically if you're going to share viewings of a movie or tv show. If you're going to be mostly alone, I'd go with a LCD and save some cash maybe.

I have heard from discussions with Deaf people that various brands have various closed captioning effects, some brands have spotty closed captioning. (I just tried to google for something on this, nothing)

Edit/Add: You're looking at 32 inch tvs. LCD all the way.

OLED is better than LCD and Plasma.

That's true but not cheap price. two years ago, I saw Sony's OLED. Wow, it cost me over $2000 for less than 17" monitor.

I wish to have one but.... I remember what I read some information OLED's tech.

About 3 years ago, I read OLED has some problem with blue. Blue is short life than red or green

Right now, no time for me to research on OLED's tech. This weekend, I will research.

thanks!!

i would get wall mount for setup on hdtv i saw at walmart im really wanted one

If, you put HDTV on the wall. They show ugliest wires on the wall. You have to make hole the wall and to run wires inside the wall to DVD player, Video Game system, and TV Box. Also they sell special piece mount on the wall.

We put all HDTV on the table. Sometime, I am worry about two cats fighting at back of HDTV. Two cats are not belong to us. We take care cats for owner.

Show wires on the wall

092308_3monitorsetup.jpg

Hide wires with special piece on the wall

wall_mount_lcd_hdtv.jpg

wire inside the wall (I can tell this HDTV is Plasma because not great for bright room)

hd-tv-install-2.jpg

update

i got HDTV Panasonic official!! But its low prices under $400 dollars its $374.99 plus taxes but my mom wanted another one HDTV i dont think so but my mom setup on my HDTV.But its size of HDTV is '32 and is LCD

my mom told me about will setup wall for tv next week on her payday that would be good idea..

and she told me says if wanted trade coffee tables and i told her that coffee tables beloves to me because im makes tables from my old school and its cost $50 dollars my mom wanted my brother using my coffee tables and i told her i dont think SO!! that my owner!! And no gives anyone using my own coffee tables peroid!

my brother will using my old one Panasonic combo tv/vcr with dvd for christmas..

Last edited:
Congratz, you got HDTV.
Very good price for that brand. I hope that you got 32" or larger better than 26"

2 years ago, I got one Panasonic LCD 32" for $475. They forgot and left last one in warehouse for a year. Never opened the box. I got bargain better than $799.

Congratz, you got HDTV.
Very good price for that brand. I hope that you got 32" or larger better than 26"

2 years ago, I got one Panasonic LCD 32" for $475. They forgot and left last one in warehouse for a year. Never opened the box. I got bargain better than $799.

oh really you can look sales HDTV or another?

my mom refuse pay over $700-$800 and also over $1,000 i understand from my mom what she wanted i cant push my own mom..

im add on you as friends

Back