Yep, its another one :)

PIRATE@HEART

Reaction score
I was reading someone elses blog..I think Libgby's about being a hearing person floating around here...and I figured, meh, what the heck lets seen what happens. :hmm:

Any who, :wave: I am a hearing student, enrolled in college....technically a sophomore in the Interpreting program here at school but because of complications last year within the program I dont really know my true status. I live on the East coast of Good ol' America :-P and would love to meet new people.

I have always been fascinated with Sign Language and just HAD to learn more. Took classes in highschool and it came really easy to me, MUCH easier than Spanish or something. I am still taking ASL classes and beginning my interpreting classes as well...its all just soo exciting.

I also was wondering about something. I am also taking a Deaf Culture class here at school..and our final grade is based on a project. For this project we must research and present something on a different aspect of Deaf Culture... For example years past someone did a whole journal on Deaf stories written by students from SSD (Scranton School of the Deaf). Now b/c it is the example I feel as if I cant do it...and was wondering on other topics I could choose...any help would be GREATLY appreciated :) :ty:

I dont really know what else to say here...if ya have any more questions or anything feel free to leave them. I'm almost always on the internet ahh the college life :giggle:

--PIRATE--

2iaaj9x.jpg
2d0i2ba.jpg

Welcome to AllDeaf! Matey.

A pirate from Pirate of the Caribbean Triology?????

Now, you will need to deal with Capt'n Barbossa! :squint:

I Kid, I Kid - :lol:

Welcome to alldeaf.com!

Thank You all very much :)...

well my Pirate thing started before the 3 POC movies...but they helped increase it a little bit...thank goodness my roomie doesn't mind pirates bc they're kinda everywhere right now. Posters, License plates, metal signs, boxes, Lighters, cups, more posters, a flag. yeah *shrugs*

Do any of you have a "random" area of Deaf Culture I could use for my project...I was reminded in class today that we need to present our topic to the prof. next monday. HELP :-P

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You will have to learn about Deaf Culture from us on many of our topics on the forums. It is a must for hearing people to understand about our Deaf Culture. Just keep signing with ASL and go to Deaf Social and you will find Deaf Culture around you. You will learn a lot about us and our experience as Deaf/HOH people. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You will have to learn about Deaf Culture from us on many of our topics on the forums. It is a must for hearing people to understand about our Deaf Culture. Just keep signing with ASL and go to Deaf Social and you will find Deaf Culture around you. You will learn a lot about us and our experience as Deaf/HOH people. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

yes...i do totally understand that... i am working on going to Deaf events and learning about your culture etc ... but in order to have ONE topic to research that isnt helping :-P....poems or art? and I'd probably focus on some negative poems/art and some positive poems/art--thanx--

again thanx for the welcomes :)

Back