Would you like to have been a hearing person?????

herreraangie

Reaction score
HI YOU MIGHT KNOW ME FROME THE OTHER BLOG BUT KNOW I ASK A DEFFRENT QUESTION. WOULD YOU HAVE LIKE TO BEEN A HEARING PERSON YES OR NO? WHY?:wave:
:hmm:

Since I'm late-deafened, I will admit there are definitely times that I miss hearing perfectly and would like to go back to being hearing. At the same time I am really starting to enjoy Deaf culture and would love to become a member of the Deaf/DeafBlind world. So from a practical point of view, yes, because it would be less isolating. From a cultural point of view, no, because I'm having so much fun learning about a whole new culture.

Not to mention which, that is a ridiculous and culturally insensitive question to ask. And what is up with the yelling?:lol: Gotta yell at the deafies so they understand?:giggle:

nah i rather to be deaf since i born that way and god create me the way i am for a reason and i accpect it ^^

It is my calling! And there are also always some new deaf people who don't know that we don't answer those or do peoples homework.:lol::lol:

:D Is it wrong that sometimes I feel like since no one ever did my homework for me, then I want everyone to have to suffer through their own homework?

What if you were asked, would you like to have been a deaf person even if you don't know what it is like to be deaf?

I don't know what it is like to be hearing because I have never been a hearing person. So I can't answer your question.

:D Is it wrong that sometimes I feel like since no one ever did my homework for me, then I want everyone to have to suffer through their own homework?

I am kind of afraid since I believe you to be an hearing ASL student, that this may be some sort of survey and possibly I should not answer it for you. :lol:

Not at all. I remember telling my son when he was in the 4th grade and I was helping him with homework and he was asking me to give him answers: "I already passed the 4th grade, son. Now its your turn."

I feel the same when people demand that I provide research to them quite often. I already spent the time and effort to locate it, read it, and assimilate it myself. No reason why someone else can't do the same.:cool2: Now, ask me for something that you don't have access to, and do it politely, and I will provide you the document. However, I will not read it for you, or provide you with a summary.:giggle:

Do you want to date one of us, too? :laugh2: Sorry, I couldn't resist. :giggle:

Do you want to date one of us, too? :laugh2: Sorry, I couldn't resist. :giggle:

I am literally in tears from laughing. Maybe they're not looking for a relationship. Just friendship... with special, special benefits :naughty:

I am kind of afraid since I believe you to be an hearing ASL student, that this may be some sort of survey and possibly I should not answer it for you. :lol:

D'oh! You caught me :) I was going to ask you to write my Philosophy paper or do my biology homework but that's obviously out now too, isn't it?

I am so tempted to say 'HI YOU MITE KNO ME FROM THE INTERNET BUT I NOW ASK THIS WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE BEEN A DEAF PERSON YES OR NO??'.

But I must resist.

LOL @ all the hilarious comments in this thread.

But seriously, it was insensitive of the poster to think that they could walk into a site that they rarely frequent to and ask such a personal question.

D'oh! You caught me :) I was going to ask you to write my Philosophy paper or do my biology homework but that's obviously out now too, isn't it?

Wrong! You have no idea how much I would love to write your philosophy paper just to see what kind of grade you would get! :P

I always got As in philosophy. How much will you pay me? :hmm:

Back