Work work work work work

Southern

Reaction score
Do you like your job? If not what is you dream job? Do you even know what that would be? I don’t care for my job, it pays the bills okay. I love the people I work with. They make each day fun. As for my dream job I don’t really know what that would be. I can never really pin point anything and say yes that is what I am passionate about. That is what I want to do for the rest of my life…… What about you?

I recently lost my job and I'm busy searching for a new one. My dream job is to be a fireman. They wont take me cause I cant hear well enough which really sucks. I would like to be a policeman too but they said they wouldnt take me either cause I cant pass the stupid hearing test. I know its for all the safety reasons and crap but I still want to be a fireman or a cop even if it makes it a little more dangerous for me.

I recently lost my job and I'm busy searching for a new one. My dream job is to be a fireman. They wont take me cause I cant hear well enough which really sucks. I would like to be a policeman too but they said they wouldnt take me either cause I cant pass the stupid hearing test. I know its for all the safety reasons and crap but I still want to be a fireman or a cop even if it makes it a little more dangerous for me.

Oh I know few deaf ppl who work for the fire dept. Dont give up your hope.

I used to work until the pain took over me. I have very severe chronic pain that cause by right twisted pelvis. And also I have myofascial. It's similar to Fibromyalgia but mine is local area. So, I'm on SSD.

They say that to you, * you can't be them cuz you are deaf?*

Work is either a pleasure or a pain in the ass for moi. I've been on the same job for almost 11 years.

Lately I was FINALLY able to get my forklift/towmotor license from my employer. It just happened to be a fluke to get the license even though Im soo stone deaf. Lucky me they put a new operations manager on 2nd shift and she didnt mind if I took the class in order to pass for my towmotor license. I was asked if I wanted to attend the class and I said yeah I would do that.

I just basically took the class and bam! I was issued the license for my towmotor at work. Never seen a towmotor? Here it is a pic of me on my towmotor at work:

10434d1166773125-sabs-claus-says-ho-ho-ho-merry-xmas-happy-hanukkah-happy-kwanzaa-picture-085.jpg

See the red necklace? That's my towmotor/forklift license.

My dream job is to be a fireman. They wont take me cause I cant hear well enough which really sucks.

Don't give up on that. My hubby is a firefighter and I used to be one too. There are still two firefighters that work for the dept here who wear hearing aids. I think it depends on if you are able to hear well enough with aids to use the radios.

My dream job when I was in high school and still is to be an interior designer. Didnt work out cuz the cost of schooling was too high. I think at 18 years old, I wasnt educated enough about different programs so I went for teaching instead. I enjoy my job a lot..just wish the pay was better.

I enjoy my job a lot..just wish the pay was better.

Tell that to me I wish my pay was better too. I just dont understand a CEO of some major-ass corporation would collect in about 1 to 50 million while the worker of same corporation would barely bring home 10,000 to 20,000. That's a huge gap that 4 to 5 trucks could drive through between the CEO's pay and the janitor's pay!

Well the way i look at the CEO thing is this. If there are 100 different positions availible from the bottom, to the CEO then that a person would get a raise 100 times if he started from the botom and worked their way up. if the lowest person makes 20,000 a year that CEO could conceiveably make 2,000,000 a year. Large gap but that is how it works. And if you started at the bottom and worked your way up you would feel you deserved every penny. HOWEVER i do think that instead of laying people off if the CEO's and members of the board took a paycut it would be better.

I would love own Orchid plants little shop! lol

I always have dreamed to work at Minnesota State Capitol since High School which I finally got the paid job last march!! Almost one year on the job! My boss said that if he decide to move to other job, I could own the snack shop...

I always have dreamed to work at Minnesota State Capitol since High School which I finally got the paid job last march!! Almost one year on the job! My boss said that if he decide to move to other job, I could own the snack shop...

oh great!!! i am happy for u

I love being an interpreter. I just hate the insecurity and stress of the job. I don't have a steady schedule or pay check, and never know what will happen tomorrow. I'm getting too old for the stress. :P

I work part time as a Radio DJ and the other time i do odds and ends jobs and my parents advertising company

Although my dream job would be to first become a physical therapist and than to become a therapuetic riding instructor for mentally and physically handicapped children.

Last edited:
I am currently on the right path to a job which I could consider to be a "dream" job. I work in a medical laboratory, but I don't work as a medical technologist yet. I work in quality assurance team, working to try to eliminate as much errors as possible that the processors did. It's fun and there are about four deaf people on the night team.

The paradise job would be to be a part of an adventure company, having fun leading people hiking and doing different kinds of sports such as whitewater rafting, etc... I practically live close to the playground capital of the West (Moab, etc...) but I'm still inexperienced when it comes to these things.

Back