work accident

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Ad'ers. I just wanted to tell you guys I recently got in an accident at work on the 24th of December. From what I was told, I slipped on a very slippery cement surface and fell and hit my head and got knocked out. I don't remember the accident at all. I don't know how long I was out because there was no witnesses so far I know. I woke up and was confused and didn't remember where I am and what time and everything. In the meantime I finally remembered everything in 20-30 minutes later except the accident.

I was taken to the hospital after the accident, which my co worker took me there. I got myself checked up for any signs of brain injury, so far there is no brain injury but may have mild concussion. I went to my chirpractor appointment today because my neck hurts...they found I have really stiff neck and spine at the neck area...possibility from whiplash which come from falling. I will continue going to chirpractor for x-rays and treatments. I am ordered not to go back to work until around the 5th of January. The workman's comp is going to cover the expenses for the injury.

I'm sorry to hear that you were hurt. I hope you have a complete and speedy recovery.

Aw, that sucks, I'm sorry for your injury. Glad to hear worker's comp will cover your days off work.

I would hold off on the Chiro until you get the xrays done. Sometimes there's more damage than let on and a Chiro can do more damage than good if he's adjusting. If he's willing to basically do the superficial stuff (IE TENS heat/ice, Ultrasound) they may not be too bad but you want to make sure there's no pinched nerve or anything. (I work in a p.t. office so I see all types of injuries)

I would hold off on the Chiro until you get the xrays done. Sometimes there's more damage than let on and a Chiro can do more damage than good if he's adjusting. If he's willing to basically do the superficial stuff (IE TENS heat/ice, Ultrasound) they may not be too bad but you want to make sure there's no pinched nerve or anything. (I work in a p.t. office so I see all types of injuries)

Thanks but I am using a chirpractor with soft force method....and computized based spinal work. I only went there for an exam, that's all. I'm going in for x-ray tomorrow. I have not gone in treatment yet. Don't worry about it and I will be ok. My mom helped me thru picking the right chirpractor and right place. She is a massage therapist for more than 20+ years experience. I do not need anyone on Alldeaf for advice, but thanks anyway.

Ouch seq! I am glad you don't have any brain injury or hurt yourself very badly. Do take care and quick recovery.

Thanks everyone for the warm get well comments. Shit happens, ya'll know? It was a freak accident!

Seq, I'm glad you were not more seriously hurt like broken spine, etc. Whip lash is painful as I had it before. Electric therapy and massage helped me with the healing process. I jokily told my male massager that I wanna marry his hands! He was really good at it...lol Take it easy and rest well...hugs!

hey seq,

im hope you okay and you need easy to rest till Jan.5th and dont get slip again ever.

mostly million people always hurt all the times dues reasons from works they took to hospital have approve x-ray they get surgery to repair if doctor says cant return to work for 6months or less whatevers what doctors's orders says.

like professional wrestlers always out of actions for 6 months dues injury include knee mostly and shoulders,triceps,etc on professional wrestlers's body need to recovery for 6 months to heal getting more strong enough they return to action about 6 month or less between by contracts.

im hope you need easy and dont hurt again from work but i never have accident from work NEVER!

Occh... I´m glad that it´s not serious injury. It´s good to know that your employer cover your days off.

Get well and take care... :hug:

Back