Wireless Access Points @ Gally

prostock19

Reaction score
I am trying to get whatever Allisonjoy needs for Gally and I am curious if there are any WAP's (Wireless Access Points) at Gally.

Thanx for your help.

I don't know since I've never been to Gallaudet. However, RIT has a lot of them all over campus.

Originally posted by VamPyroX
I don't know since I've never been to Gallaudet. However, RIT has a lot of them all over campus.
Thx for the info. RIT has alot of cool things.

Wireless Hotspots....

What kind of authentication does the RITD hotspots have?

Originally posted by VamPyroX

what? You haven't went to Gally for rockfest? :eek:

Prostock,
You mean WAP for any laptop or computer with wireless adapter from the hub or router?
Have you ask any staffs who handle with network system at Gallaudent Univ? Just wonder.

Originally posted by Lasza
Prostock,
You mean WAP for any laptop or computer with wireless adapter from the hub or router?
Have you ask any staffs who handle with network system at Gallaudent Univ? Just wonder.
I haven't asked. I am helping Allisonjoy by getting her some computer things and If Gally have any hotspots, then I would try and get her a PC Card for her computer.

Baby, WAP's or Hotspots allow you to connect to a network, be it for a company or just for the internet, using a wireless card in your laptop of PC.

hey, yea as far as im concerned they do have em. my dad checked it out earlier since i have a lap top as well and i got the wireless thing too. so yea they do. :) hope thats the info you wanted

Originally posted by Stevey Boy
BrickFest- odd number year
RockFest- even number year
Yep! That's right! :thumb: Unfortunately, I've only been to Brickfest '01 and '03. Hopefully, I'll go to Rockfest '04... :dunno:

Now, back to the topic...

My friend recently got himself a wireless router for his apartment. He has a wireless adapter for use at college. He wanted to be able to use it at home as well so he got the wireless router for that.

umm just out of ceriosity where did we start to talk about rock/brick fest? i thought we were talkin about wireless access points at gally?! ah but its all good.. just striked me cerious..

Originally posted by luckypinkstar03
umm just out of ceriosity where did we start to talk about rock/brick fest? i thought we were talkin about wireless access points at gally?! ah but its all good.. just striked me cerious..
I don't know. Luckily, I brought it back on topic.

LOL. I will find out where and if there are any hotspots @ Gally in less than 2 weeks. That is, if I find my card for my laptop.

Originally posted by prostock19
LOL. I will find out where and if there are any hotspots @ Gally in less than 2 weeks. That is, if I find my card for my laptop.
Let me know cuz I'm in Delaware.

Originally posted by LinuxGold
Let me know cuz I'm in Delaware.
I saw this cute lil keychain device. It has 3 LED's on it and it lets you know if there is 802.11a, b, or g signals within a short distance.

Originally posted by prostock19
see ya there! im gona be a freshie there :) oh and by the way.. me and miss allisonjoy went to YLC toga cant wait to see her too! heh

Back