Wines ?

deafclimber said:
which kind of wines do u prefer to drink ? dry or smooth ? personally i dont like dry wines. i prefer smooth wines like Montoya CS from Napa.

Martini Asti with description
http://www.bacardimartini.co.uk/brand_portfolio/other_martini_products.html

Martini Rosso (Vermouth)
http://www.bacardimartini.co.uk/brand_portfolio/martini_vermouth.html

I didn't realise both of them were made by the same company! No wonder...

There are four main classifications of wine: LIGHT BEVERAGE (natural still wines) are wines that generally have an alcoholic content of less than 14% and includes red and white Bordeaux, Burgundy, Alsatian, Rhine, Moselle, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Hungarian, Chilean, Australian, American, South African, etc. wines. SPARKLING wines generally have an alcoholic content of less than 14% and include Champagne, sparkling Burgundy, Asti Spumanti, Sekt, vin mousseux, etc. FORTIFIED wines generally have an alcoholic content between 14 and 24 per cent and include Sherry, Porot, Madeira, Marsala, M laga, etc. AROMATIZED wines generally have alcohol contents ranging between 15.5 and 20 percent. Vermouth and quinined wines are examples
www.wines.com

How dry is dry? This is the question. Literally, the term applies to the amount of sugar remaining in the wine. Bone-dry wines have had most if not all of their sugar fermented out (most wines whose residual sugar level is below 4/10 of a percent can be called Dry). Late-harvest wines can have sugar levels ranging from the 6 to 20 per cent levels and are called sweet (isn't that a surprise?).

It's not the question if it is too dry or late harvest, but if it was well-made or not. Sometimes bone dry wines can be quite delicious if it was made well, IMO

Sabrina said:
I like red wine with Italian Food. Yummy ! I always put ice cube in the wine. It helps me more mellow and relax...

~~~~~~~~~~ nice romantic ~~~~~~~~ :naughty:

P.S. do not get me a wrong idea to give you a hint. FYI: I am not available.

Rats! :D

I drank red wine before at a party. I forgot whats it called. Its good tho.

deafclimber said:
wines make u bloating ? and health ? i dont think so. red wines are excellent for our heaths. look at europeans. they drink red wines daily and they live longer than us.

DeafClimber,
um, Okay... I have not experience the cultures from another countries... which my birth-families are coming from europes too. I wasn't raised by Birth families and used to be raised by Adoption Families...

Sure, I'd love to learn my birth-families's cultures and to take a step at time. :)

Are you coming from your family-europians cultures ? If not... Can you explain how can you know more about Europian'ers ?

Thx for your tiny statement tip!

Bullym0m said:
DeafClimber,
um, Okay... I have not experience the cultures from another countries... which my birth-families are coming from europes too. I wasn't raised by Birth families and used to be raised by Adoption Families...

Sure, I'd love to learn my birth-families's cultures and to take a step at time. :)

Are you coming from your family-europians cultures ? If not... Can you explain how can you know more about Europian'ers ?

Thx for your tiny statement tip!

Bullymom, I know that question is for your crush (hehehe) but wanted to add my input here.

I adopted this wine drinking lifestyle since I visited Europe twice. I was amazed by their embrace of wines into their daily habits. They didn't drink to get drunk or get romantic but rather see it as a part of their daily diet. While in Europe, I had wine for lunch and dinner.

Since then, Ive been very interested in wine and the art of winemaking. Most AMericans drink for purpose of getting drunk so they abuse alcohol.

Hope this helps!

deaflibrarian said:
I'm biased here, but the best red and white wines I have tasted come from the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia, Canada. There are several superb wineries, namely Mission Hill and Gray Monk.

A glass of wine with my meal a couple of times a week is lovely! I also cook with wine. The saying is if you won't drink it then don't cook with it!

Awesome!! I also am familiar with British Columbia wines too :)

We should get together some day!!!!

Meg, look at my last post on page one near da bottom......I asked ya something there.....that's the problem with being near the end of a page.....gets missed sometime.....lol

*hmmmmmmmmm* Interesting this topic thread...

btw... One day I'll try a "sip". Red/White wine compares.

Tousi said:
Your'e most welcome, Meg. I think what I related is just the basic story of how wines in CA and now OR have proliferated. I am sure there are root stocks from other European countries in the mix now. Why, I believe they grow some grapes for wine in Ohio and NY for sure.

A wee aside.....we burn up the road (I-5) between southern CA and Roseburg, OR a couple of times a year. Been to Portland area a couple of times for their annual Street of Dreams...ever gone?

Ok, folks....as you were.....lol....oh, and nice to meet you, Meg....

Right - NY is third state after CA and OR in having most production of wines. Ohio is slowly catching up. I have never tried any NY wines though and would like to see how it tastes but I never see any NY wines here in local stores. Go figures.

I also burn Interstate 5 between here and southern CA too :) In fact, I could drive it blindfolded now ;) Roseburg is neat - great places for camping, boating and hiking.

Yes I have been to a few of these Street of Dreams. Really awesome but I really cannot allow myself to go any longer cos everytime I depart the event, Im consumed with burning envy - wishing that I own a such beautiful home!

:)

I like white wine.. kendneall (sp) sorry lol ;) sometimes in a while I wud drink wine depends on occassion tho.. :)

kuifje75 said:
Martini Asti with description
http://www.bacardimartini.co.uk/brand_portfolio/other_martini_products.html

Martini Rosso (Vermouth)
http://www.bacardimartini.co.uk/brand_portfolio/martini_vermouth.html

I didn't realise both of them were made by the same company! No wonder...

it sounds good to me. obviously u like sparkling drinks right ? it really burns my throat. :)

kuifje75 said:
www.wines.com

It's not the question if it is too dry or late harvest, but if it was well-made or not. Sometimes bone dry wines can be quite delicious if it was made well, IMO

yea i check on that website regularly. :) its good info.

True, I know that red wine is good for heart.

I am wine lover!

Italian red wine
German white wine

I dont like dry but middle (half sweet and half dry) wine.

I drink regular red wine than white wine.

I did chance to drink RED wine at frist time with DreamDeaf. I liked it... know why ?? I used drink WHITE wine all the time.

It called Concord (Missouri Red Wine) It taste sweet...

link: http://www.stonehillwinery.com

I am going to take a tour with DreamDeaf soon.... hope not drunk! :lol:

MizzDeaf said:
I did chance to drink RED wine at frist time with DreamDeaf. I liked it... know why ?? I used drink WHITE wine all the time.

It called Concord (Missouri Red Wine) It taste sweet...

link: http://www.stonehillwinery.com

I am going to take a tour with DreamDeaf soon.... hope not drunk! :lol:

pah ! u can drink red wines now. :naughty:

My husband thinks that wine effect the gainned weight and habits drink every night.
Reason why He used to be seeing his Dad habit drink wine every night and his weight rapid increase everyday. His Dad gave it up and decide to stop drink wine every night and made happy lose his weight. That why I did asked my husband about the wine and have together drink wine every night. He was kind stung his mind jog way back when he was young and teenager which he has seen his Dad. He disagree w/me about this issues wine every night. I respect his wishes and not go forth for drink wine every night. Just only Christmas ossicians.

Bullym0m said:
My husband thinks that wine effect the gainned weight and habits drink every night.
Reason why He used to be seeing his Dad habit drink wine every night and his weight rapid increase everyday. His Dad gave it up and decide to stop drink wine every night and made happy lose his weight. That why I did asked my husband about the wine and have together drink wine every night. He was kind stung his mind jog way back when he was young and teenager which he has seen his Dad. He disagree w/me about this issues wine every night. I respect his wishes and not go forth for drink wine every night. Just only Christmas ossicians.

that is interesting... look at the european people... they drink wines daily and they dont gain much of weights. not fair !

according to one article, red wine is 105 calories(5oz) and white wine is 100 calories(5oz).

I enjoy red wines something smooth. There is a place near where I live that you can order flights of wine. For example, you might choose a flight of red wines from Texas. They bring out 4 glasses partially filled so you can try four different wines. I always think it is fun to go there.

I remember in college I always thought it looked so "sophisticated" to drink martinis and red wine. (I know I was cheesy) Back then, the only way a could down a martini was by eating a jar of olives with it and the only red wine I could drink at the time was Riunite Lambrusco. I still can’t down a martini but at least my taste in red wine has approved over the years.

:beer: I m daily wine drinker myself after i visited italy in 2002. I appreciated wine and coffee more now.

I like drinking any red wines. Recently I tried Shiraz and it s interesting and heavy taste.

I do enjoy german wines since i bought them from ALDI.. I like Liebfraumitch very much and it s sweet/strong. I sometimes drink Reilsing.

I m not crazy for hard liquours like i used to be in college.

Back