Wines ?

deafclimber

Reaction score
do you drink wines daily ? what is your favorite red or white wine ?

i drink red wines almost daily.

i love Marques di riscal - spain wine. it is excellent n smooth !

I like red wine with Italian Food. Yummy ! I always put ice cube in the wine. It helps me more mellow and relax...

~~~~~~~~~~ nice romantic ~~~~~~~~ :naughty:

P.S. do not get me a wrong idea to give you a hint. FYI: I am not available.

deafclimber said:
do you drink wines daily ? what is your favorite red or white wine ?

i drink red wines almost daily.

i love Marques di riscal - spain wine. it is excellent n smooth !

I drink red wines almost everyday but I like Chardonnay or Pinot Gris in summertimes.

I tend to go for Merlot or Pinot Noir. Spanish wines are not popular here as we have a huge monopoly of CA and OR wines here. OR has wonderful wines as they are ranked No 2 after CA in wine. Hence, I go for local wineries to help support them. But I do love Chilean, French and Italian wines. The problem is that there is too many wine, too little time ;)

There are tons of wineries here so I go as many as I can and just drink as much as I can for 5 dollars plus keep the wine glass! :)

Sabrina said:
I like red wine with Italian Food. Yummy ! I always put ice cube in the wine. It helps me more mellow and relax...

~~~~~~~~~~ nice romantic ~~~~~~~~ :naughty:

P.S. do not get me a wrong idea to give you a hint. FYI: I am not available.

lol. i take ur note. :naughty:

me duh.. i prefer Cabernet Sauvignon. i do like Pinot Gris also.

meg, yes i agree with u that there are soo many wines that we cant drink. mostly we drink those wines from sonoma valley wineries and of course austrailian wineries. my gf lvoes the austrailian wines more than any country's wine. as for me, i prefer these wines from sonoma valley.

meg, can you give me a list of wines from Oregon, pls ? :)

those wines under 20 dollar are very good in my opinion.

DeafClimber, watch your bloat-belly and health too... If you taking everyday drink wines..

Yes, Indeed perfect for romantic dinner come w/wine... Lovely candlelight!
For no reason... Go Ahead and drink the wine every night.. *er um.....*
:)

deafclimber said:
me duh.. i prefer Cabernet Sauvignon. i do like Pinot Gris also.

meg, yes i agree with u that there are soo many wines that we cant drink. mostly we drink those wines from sonoma valley wineries and of course austrailian wineries. my gf lvoes the austrailian wines more than any country's wine. as for me, i prefer these wines from sonoma valley.

meg, can you give me a list of wines from Oregon, pls ? :)

those wines under 20 dollar are very good in my opinion.

Wines under 20 dollars are very good too! I tend to buy wines in price range of 10 to 17. I cannot stand these 2 dollar wines that you find at Traders Joes but they are good for large parties if you want to be cheap!

Oregon is well known for Pinot Gris. Unfortunately CA buys our grapes and make Pinot Gris and take all of the credit. Tsk tsk tsk CA!

I dont think you realize how MANY wineries we have here :) I found a link that will take you there so you can see that we have several regions with wineries in each one.

The link is AvalonWine.com. I tend to frequent North Willamette and South Willamette regions as they make the best ones. Southern Oregon regions are a bit similiar to Napa Valley area because of warmer climate there.

Have fun hunting!

My favourite would have to be Asti champagne. It's just so good. I bought that for New Year to celebrate and it was just so darn good.

My bf introduced me to sweet red vermouth and I love that totally, particular to that ever since then. My bf has excellent tastes! LOL... Martini Rossi makes good vermouth, the white one is ok but red is better.

I do like some wines, but I noticed that lately I can't drink "any" wines. It has to be good wine, or I won't even sip two or three sips.

Bullym0m said:
DeafClimber, watch your bloat-belly and health too... If you taking everyday drink wines..

wines make u bloating ? and health ? i dont think so. red wines are excellent for our heaths. look at europeans. they drink red wines daily and they live longer than us.

kuifje75 said:
My favourite would have to be Asti champagne. It's just so good. I bought that for New Year to celebrate and it was just so darn good.

My bf introduced me to sweet red vermouth and I love that totally, particular to that ever since then. My bf has excellent tastes! LOL... Martini Rossi makes good vermouth, the white one is ok but red is better.

I do like some wines, but I noticed that lately I can't drink "any" wines. It has to be good wine, or I won't even sip two or three sips.

which kind of wines do u prefer to drink ? dry or smooth ? personally i dont like dry wines. i prefer smooth wines like Montoya CS from Napa.

Bullym0m said:

Yes, Indeed perfect for romantic dinner come w/wine... Lovely candlelight!
For no reason... Go Ahead and drink the wine every night.. *er um.....*
:)

Actually you must be talking about beer which does cause bloatness and affect health.

Moderate wine drinking provides health benefits. Just as long as it is not abused.

Sadly to say that most people drink wine because they think it is a part of romantic dinner. But drinking wine is very much part of diet like Europeans too.

Wine is a form of art to me.

I heard drinking wine helps to prevent heart attacks and diseases.. but I knew some people are drinking the wine faithfully and still die from heart diseases.. I am not sure if I believe the medicial opinion anymore now..

I love red wines myself.. u r right, I dont drink any wine and we have to find perfect wine to match our tastes no matter what company it is.

GeorgiaDeaf said:
I heard drinking wine helps to prevent heart attacks and diseases.. but I knew some people are drinking the wine faithfully and still die from heart diseases.. I am not sure if I believe the medicial opinion anymore now..

I d rather drink wines and live a few years shorter than go without wines and live to 100 years old. No fun there!!! ;)

The reason CA & OR wines are so good and popular now is because many varieties of the root stock from the various regions of France have taken hold in various places in CA & OR soil The root stocks from the various parts of France were planted thruout regions of CA & OR that best emulated the soil and weather conditions in France. Now, many years later, we have wines just as good if not better than what comes from France and for less money, too, for obvious reasons.

Tousi said:
The reason CA & OR wines are so good and popular now is because many varieties of the root stock from the various regions of France have taken hold in various places in CA & OR soil The root stocks from the various parts of France were planted thruout regions of CA & OR that best emulated the soil and weather conditions in France. Now, many years later, we have wines just as good if not better than what comes from France and for less money, too, for obvious reasons.

Thanks for explaining that!! I was at a loss of how to explain to a few people why Oregon is becoming very well known for wines. :)

GeorgiaDeaf said:
There are few factors that can affect the overall heatlh or render the wines' benefits into useless.

By that, I mean... beneftis that you recieved from drinking the wine will be useless if you consume the fast foods on a daily basis or few times per week. The benefits will be wiped out due to these side effects. That's one of several examples.

Anything that offer the benefits does not mean that we can abuse our bodies by consuming the junk foods or fast foods without worrying about these side effects because of these benefits that we consumed. It is basically all about responsibility. Wine indeed does offer the benefits that our bodies can use as long as we are being responsible with our diets and other things such as exercise.

For example, smokers expect that they can get by if they drink the wines to counter the smoking's side effects but sorry, it does not work that way.

Another factor: don't forget about sources as well. Is it from organic grapes? Or from pesticide-grape? If it is indeed from pesticide-grape then 60% or more of benefits will be reduce. Depends on fermenting method as well.

Like what Meg said, wine is a form of art to me... fermenting is a form of art to me as well.

Keep that in your mind that there are few factors that can affect or render the wine's benefits into useless :)

Your'e most welcome, Meg. I think what I related is just the basic story of how wines in CA and now OR have proliferated. I am sure there are root stocks from other European countries in the mix now. Why, I believe they grow some grapes for wine in Ohio and NY for sure.

A wee aside.....we burn up the road (I-5) between southern CA and Roseburg, OR a couple of times a year. Been to Portland area a couple of times for their annual Street of Dreams...ever gone?

Ok, folks....as you were.....lol....oh, and nice to meet you, Meg....

I do drink Wine with Blush (pink). But now i am not drinking until the baby born. I only drink Wine when i am Dine-in with DF.
Mommyof3

Back