Windows XP to 98?

ro said:
win98 is out of dated...

use win2000 its stable o/s until new longhorn os come out :)

xp sucks.....
I used Win2K pro & server and XP (both work and home), I must admit that XP is somewhat better than Win2000 pro in stability level.

I used heavy-end 3D modeler program, I always had crush problems with Win2K but never have any kind of crush problem with WinXP. btw, it is on same computer and hardwares.

Magatsu said:
I used Win2K pro & server and XP (both work and home), I must admit that XP is somewhat better than Win2000 pro in stability level.

I used heavy-end 3D modeler program, I always had crush problems with Win2K but never have any kind of crush problem with WinXP. btw, it is on same computer and hardwares.

Window xp are the best with service pack 2 to block all the pop ups, crash and firewall...wink wink...my best advice is to buy emachines, not compaq and HP...smile :thumb:

i just dont like xp thats it. im gald it work out for you.

I use Windows ME (yes, I know it sucks, but I wasn't the one who chose the OS - my father in law did!).

Am considering upgrading to Windows XP Professional

Apparently, Windows ME is the worst operating system Mircosoft has even made - even Mircosoft's engineers says so!

There are heaps people who would also say that Windows ME is the worst OS ever made!

PowerWCRulez said:
The Windows 98 is FAT32 and the XP is NTFS which is cannot put the windows 98 on the NTFS drives, you need to get new hard drive or get a HD's manfactor's disk utlities program can do override reverted back to FAT32 formattings the FAT32 takes up lot of chunks less space just like 40 GB will go down to about 37 GB. NTFS's takes smaller chunks 40 GB down to 39.6 GB.

My USB floppy disk drive works on USB for booting up on my lappy.

No, I have been play with it 98 to xp before. I know what to do. It would need to get the DOS Floppy Disk for Window 98 to start Boost Cd but..
have to use the commond for dos to C:\ Delete format all of it and Then HE can installer the 98 new one.

Very Simple All you have to do is...,
"Uninstall Windows XP" then install Windows 98 or ME after you done with "fdisk" to change NTFS back to FAT 32.
LoneOak

FYI, as far as I know the next windows operation system as we know called Longhorn, which will be release this fall. What I understand that it will not be compatible with almost ALL of Intel based PC!!! Does not matter which Intel based PC you have, Longhorn won't be much for them. Why? Well, Longhorn is based on 64 bits platform! None of Intel CPU have 64 bits, all they have is 32 bits or earlier. Yes, Intel PC is out of luck. If your in market for new PC, go for AMD Athlon 64. This CPU is ready for Longhorn.

I can see why call it longhorn! 64 bit is twice longer than 32 bits. Thus making it more powerful. Few of my friends just bought intel PC, I feel sorry for them. I already warned them, and they don't take it.

The only Intel CPU works for Longhorn is Xeon, not Pentium 4 nor celeron. So, if you got 32 bits platform, then don't expect anything exciting about Longhorn.

Christo said:
I hate 95/98 too. Did you know that new Windows Longhorn will coming on 2006?

Depending on how old is his PC. Some older PC don't run as well with xp, but works better with 98. It has alot to do with 16 nd 32 bits. XP is true 32 bits platform, while win98 can deal with 16 bits software on older PC.

Christo said:
good question. he just want save more free space in hard drive if remove xp, that's what he said so I trying to remove xp back to 98 for his sake.

Oh geez! Longhorn should be backwards compatible with 32 bit systems.. Mac OS X works on both 32 bit and 64 bit Macs. G3 and G4 is 32 bit and the G5 is 64 bit. Microsoft is an IDIOT, I think they are forcing people to buy the upgrades when getting a new system, what a joke!

Yea, profit is just motivation factor. Micro$oft is trying to force people into quitting win98. Alot of diehard win98 fan is out there. Now you see why some prefer win98 that they are backward compatible with 16 bit platform while Windows ME and later is 100% 32 bit. There will be alot of surprises and compl;aints this coming fall with Micro$oft. I wouldn't be too surprised.

sequoias said:
Oh geez! Longhorn should be backwards compatible with 32 bit systems.. Mac OS X works on both 32 bit and 64 bit Macs. G3 and G4 is 32 bit and the G5 is 64 bit. Microsoft is an IDIOT, I think they are forcing people to buy the upgrades when getting a new system, what a joke!

That's why we're experimenting Mac Os X and SuSe at our office as we'd love to be free from the grips of Microsoft.

Richard

Not really any difference from M$. You STILL have to buy software from Apple Computer, Inc! They refused to have independent vendor selling apple proucts. So where's competition once you have MAC?

To be true independent computer, you would need LINUX based PC! Then that is TRUE indpendent PC. Linux is true open source operation system, meaning you can rewrite the program itself and compile them. Don't you know that world Hacker group RESPECTS Linux based PC! They won't ever try to hack in Linux for good reason... Linux is open source and can be reprogrammed making it harder for Hacker to figure out what is new source code? On other hand, for Micro$oft and MAC, there are bound to have employees who got fired or quit with resentment with these companies have potential of passing the source codes. This makes it easier for hacker to break in your PC if its M$ or MAC. Unfortunately M$ and MAC software is locked source and you can't change it... thats Hacker's advantage.

Nesmuth said:
That's why we're experimenting Mac Os X and SuSe at our office as we'd love to be free from the grips of Microsoft.

Richard

Maybe Microsoft is on it's way to become the 'beast' as in Revelations.

Richard

Another advantage of Unix based software is that there is no licensing baloney involved! You buy one CD on one of Unix based like Linux, Lindows, etc and you CAN install as many PC as you want. Whats more, you could run your own internet server with everything in it! They cost generally 50 dollars per CD, verses Micro$oft with license PER PC and for that CD which you could run on interner server will cost you whopping 1,500 dollars!!!

diehardbiker65 said:
FYI, as far as I know the next windows operation system as we know called Longhorn, which will be release this fall. What I understand that it will not be compatible with almost ALL of Intel based PC!!! Does not matter which Intel based PC you have, Longhorn won't be much for them. Why? Well, Longhorn is based on 64 bits platform! None of Intel CPU have 64 bits, all they have is 32 bits or earlier. Yes, Intel PC is out of luck. If your in market for new PC, go for AMD Athlon 64. This CPU is ready for Longhorn.
Actually, Longhorn will go into several beta stages this year and I just recently tried ALPHA LH Build 5048, and the beta stages will be buggy.

Back