Windows 8.1 .....

Not that the point. I installed MS-DOS then Win 3.11 then 95 then 98 then W2k then XP 32bit, then XP 64bit, then 7 64bit. . I have no problem them. W2k is better STABLE OS ever I had for Windows so far. Also I built a computer when I was very very young.

I skipped ME, Vista, and 8 because of unstable, slow, and limited. Plus too many of my geek friends complained about them.

In Bold. same as me, i have geek friends too, they often yabber whats hot and whats not.

in underlined. almost the same for me, I cant recall exactly what MS-DOS it was, im talking about 1988...i think it was a 3.3 than later in 1989 or 1990 I somehow received a copy of a MS4.0 then i 'quit hobby computing until about 2000...then it was Win98, then 98SE then Win XP.

Im guessing Win8 is going to be another 'ill forgotten mistake like the Vista"

I don't get it.... Few post ago, you said no thanks to Windows RT 8.1 and stick to Windows 7. I tried to point out that Windows RT 8.1 is different from Windows 8.1 desktop version. And now you gave me a link to gaming PC that NewEggs sold. You're not making sense.... There's no Windows 7 on tablet, mobile, or thin laptop that only offer app-only. How do you stick to Windows 7 that does not exist on tablet, mobile, etc...?

Only problem I had with windows 98 was frequent BSOD, other than that, I loved it. I gave windows 8 an honest, open minded run and I was disappointed greatly. I have windows 7 ultimate edition and it works brilliantly.

I don't get it.... Few post ago, you said no thanks to Windows RT 8.1 and stick to Windows 7. I tried to point out that Windows RT 8.1 is different from Windows 8.1 desktop version. And now you gave me a link to gaming PC that NewEggs sold. You're not making sense.... There's no Windows 7 on tablet, mobile, or thin laptop that only offer app-only. How do you stick to Windows 7 that does not exist on tablet, mobile, etc...?

I believe he prefer iPad over tablet windows.

BTW it's newegg.com not NewEggs. You never heard of that before? :shock:

I had a slew of Windows Services disabled or set to manual and everything was reverted back to default as a result of installing. I dunno why that surprised me because 8.1 is an OS upgrade afterall. Still gets under my skin.

8.1 relies heavily on Search - Which I also disabled in Windows 8. I know exactly where all my files are so I have no need for indexing and so forth. I've not used search since Vista. Worst part is - There's no way to turn off Search. At least I can't seem to figure out how. Possibly third party software.

During installation, I had to created a MSN account in order to continue installing the upgrade I didn't see a workaround option for this. Frankly, this pisses me off immensely.

Start Menu is a joke.

Considering Im not seeing any what-so-ever substantial differences or fixes, I regret upgrading.

I assessment to Window 8 I dislike Window 8 is crappy. dislike to look likes different to Window 8 too much on gb cause gain serious. hard drive. I know I prefer to Window 7 is fast to easy. I think so better window 7 lol. It is very easy for me. window 8 is very beta? sound look likes beta. It is weird on beta. it is pretty screw up hard lmao! people have happend it crazy have complaint.!

I assessment to Window 8 I dislike Window 8 is crappy. dislike to look likes different to Window 8 too much on gb cause gain serious. hard drive. I know I prefer to Window 7 is fast to easy. I think so better window 7 lol. It is very easy for me. window 8 is very beta? sound look likes beta. It is weird on beta. it is pretty screw up hard lmao! people have happend it crazy have complaint.!
Have you tried the new Windows 8.1 yet? Maybe it's better? :dunno:

Have you tried the new Windows 8.1 yet? Maybe it's better? :dunno:

Yes I have 3 laptop ::aw:

I have window 7 and window 8 :P

I have window 7 and window 8 both :)

I have alots of 6gb and 2gb not bad. I have web development professional another big 5gb! lol! my laptop is old crash! I have new laptop is window 8 is fast.

maybe boost add fast?

Windows seem to be like Star Trek movies... only every other one is any good.

3.1 was good, 95 wasn't. 98 was, ME wasn't. XP was good, Vista wasn't. Now 7 is good, 8 isn't. I was one of those weirdos who used 2000.

To me Windows 8 is good

IF .......

You actually take the time and learn it

At first I didn't like it then when I start learning the hotkey and all the key function, it a pretty fast tasking OS for me now and I like it now.

To me Windows 8 is good

IF .......

You actually take the time and learn it

At first I didn't like it then when I start learning the hotkey and all the key function, it a pretty fast tasking OS for me now and I like it now.

I'd still ask my geek buddies first...

I've got Windows 7, I'm good. I always try and stick a generation older with operating systems anyway..... as every time I get something brand new it has 8 bagillion updates an fixes. I'd much rather stick with "old reliable" than "new and updating" any day.

i still using XP and vista on my two computers they work and confusing my little brain i dont find appealing but i know the day is coming i have no choise so glad i not get windows 7 i wait for windows 9 or 10

Whoever wants to go to the newegg web site. Putting in NewEggs will not get you there.

Okay, explain two things to me:

First explain to me why did it lead me to newegg.com when I typed in "NewEggs"?

u80x.png

Now, second explain to me how is it YOUR problem if I misspell? Does it make you feel proud that you're smarter when you tried to correct people? Do you have self-esteem problem or what?

You guys are hilarious...

Okay, explain two things to me:

First explain to me why did it lead me to newegg.com when I typed in "NewEggs"?

u80x.png

Now, second explain to me how is it YOUR problem if I misspell? Does it make you feel proud that you're smarter when you tried to correct people? Do you have self-esteem problem or what?

You guys are hilarious...

I think he just means if you type "neweggs.com" into the url bar, it goes nowhere. Obviously it was just an error on your part when you first wrote it and google will still get you there, but it will not take you there if you put it in the URL bar. Anyway, we all get it, newegg.com, lets move on, shall we?

I also used tigerdirect.com in the past, they worked out nicely for an extreme budget build a while back.

Back