Why I am going through a tough/emotional situation

I am sorry to see what you have gone thru and you do not deserve to get this kind of crap.

At least you got great people who are there to support you all the way.

I am sorry to hear this as well. Divorce is a difficult thing. I hope everything will work out for you.

Shel, hang in there, it seems soo bad at the moment. I know everything will work out. I will be praying for you :hug:

I'm sorry, Shel, for what's going on....divorces can be real nasty when children are involved. It looks to me like your ex's manipulation of your daughter has been going on for some time now and hopefully one day she will see the error of her way of thinking that life with a Dad who appears to not have a healthy set of values with which to raise a child is not cool. Hang in there! :grouphug:

Hugs to you and your daughter shel. I feel that this was more your ex than anything. Like many have said, remain strong and hopeful, but moving on. She knows where your heart is on this and given time, she will realize the error of her decision (if it was in fact her decision). Know that we will do what we can for emotional support. Have fun in NYC as you need this outlet to show your ex that you can handle what he throws your way, but make sure your daughter know that she can get ahold of you whenever she needs. You have already been added to the prayer list at church as well as my personal one. The name is gave the church is smdad, shel, Maryland, AllDeaf. I did the best I could to not break anything confidential.

sorry about your situation shel90 hope things get better for you.. your ex hubby sounds like my ex boyfriend :roll: but i refused to let that get worse if I ever married him! so.. :) I'm wise to know better than that.. :) so take it easy hope the situation will get better soon if not just take it easy and you have support from here AD and your family too as well.. :hug:

Go to the courts and have them order the daughter to stay in the same state.

Fk 'im.

And if he moves, make him pay up. That'll teach him a thing or two.

Most states will not let you take a child across state lines without the other parent's approval. Maybe she needs to check into that.

Other than that - I hope she won't have to start paying child support if he has her. She has enough on her plate as it is.

Shel-know that we are all concerned and worried about you.

{remove the quote}

I was asking pfh a question, about how can this makes him to pay while little girl comes with him in other state. If i dont misunderstand pfh's statement. thats all.

I was asking pfh a question, about how can this makes him to pay while little girl comes with him in other state. If i dont misunderstand pfh's statement. thats all.

Sorry - I hit quote by mistake and couldn't figure how to backtrack.

Gotta remmy tho'....the child has said at this time who she wants to live with and if she is over 12, she can do this....if Shel takes it to court and the child has to testify...the Judge will side with the father as long as the child wishes to be with him.

I would not put my child thru a court trial. I don't even know the reasons why the daughter wants to go with her Dad, whether it's good or bad. But if the Dad is a bad influence on the child or if he has truly manipulated the child into thinking the mother is bad or has done something, then I would reject and get a lawyer.
All in all, the child is the one suffering the most, being pulled from one parent to the other....

Thanks everyone..I have been divorced from him for 10 years and it has benn nothing but drama with him with threats of him taking her away. My daughter seems to think the grass is greener on the other side so I am just letting her go. I am tired of fighting with my ex hubby.

Thanks everyone! :hug:

The good news is that you don't have to put up with a teenage smart mouth. the bad news is that I hope he can put up with it (I hope he doesn't have a violence temper ) .

Thanks everyone..I have been divorced from him for 10 years and it has benn nothing but drama with him with threats of him taking her away. My daughter seems to think the grass is greener on the other side so I am just letting her go. I am tired of fighting with my ex hubby.

Thanks everyone! :hug:

Shel, I feel your pain.:hug: My ex is looking to move to Virginia with my son. The thing is my son doesn't want to go with him. We share custody but my ex has physical custody. With me still in college, living with my parents and working 1 day a week......*SIGH* yeah I am in some financial pickle.

We can go all over this on Sat. Me stuttering through my poor ASL :roll: LOL

The good news is that you don't have to put up with a teenage smart mouth. the bad news is that I hope he can put up with it (I hope he doesn't have a violence temper ) .

Oh no, he doesnt have a temper at all. He is one of the most controlled person ever. He rarely has ever lost his cool in the 20 years I have known him. Just never shows his emotions except love and affection towards our daughter. That's to my knowledge.

He just belittles me probably because he looks down on me and looking back to 20 years ago, there were already red flags but as a 17 year old, I didnt have the experience to recognize them. Oh well, that's the past.

Back