Why do some people hold a grudge over something so small?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pause & Ponder

Pause and Ponder

Pause & Ponder

A man came out of his home to admire his new truck. To his puzzlement, his three-year-old son was happily hammering dents into the shiny paint.

The man ran to his son, knocked him away, hammered the little boy's hands into a pulp as punishment. When the father calmed down, he rushed his son to the hospital.

Although the doctor tried desperately to save the crushed bones, he finally had to amputate the fingers from both the boy's hands.

When the boy woke up from the surgery & saw his bandaged stubs, he innocently said, "Daddy, I'm sorry about your truck ." Then he asked, "but when are my fingers going to grow back? "

The father went home and committed suicide.

Think about the story the next time you see someone spill milk at a dinner table or hear a baby crying. Think first before you lose your patience with someone u love.

Trucks can be repaired. Broken bones & hurt feelings often can't. Too often we fail to recognize the difference between the person and the performance. People make mistakes. We are allowed to make mistakes. But the actions we take while in a rage will haunt us forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pause and ponder. Think before you act. Be patient. Understand and love.

I reckon some ppl just cant let things go and are bored to wanting to keep those grudges to keep their life going but really they are making themselves more miserable when they do that.

I believe in getting over and done with and moving on with my life and hold no grudges cos it is pointless if one want to move forward with a light baggage in their life. Hates carrying heavy baggages with me.

IT sad when people hold grudges like that and never going to get on with their life being so negative and they are the kind that will not be able to hold good friends for long and will live their life a lonely and bitter person as the consequence of it. Just so sad. :(

It's a sad world that we live in where people just can't give up or accept it.

I've seen people complain about this issue, yet... they do it themselves. :roll:

*nodding :(*

I can see the problem is the people who obessed over a little things is bitter and unhappy people.

I only do is positive their posts in truthfully and manner way.

They have no life but bitter and angry... :(

Have u see a movie called "The Secret"?

It is possible that they are attract to u for some reason and u need to remove it by change the way of your thinking and make them unattract to u.

I have another question, while I’ve always valued honesty, What do you say about those who are pathological liars? I really don’t have time for games that people play by telling lie after lie, How can we trust people like that? Should people like me forgive, and forget, or the friendship, trust, and respect should be over and not forgive and forget? ;)

I have another question, while I’ve always valued honesty, What do you say about those who are pathological liars? I really don’t have time for games that people play by telling lie after lie, How can we trust people like that? Should people like me forgive, and forget, or the friendship, trust, and respect should be over and not forgive and forget? ;)

*nods* i agree w/you but as long we need be careful who we talk to someone or who trust which not bretra(sp) or break trust for reason that why which have trouble with trust and who accpet be true friend or not cuz i can't stand whoever try play w/me or mess up with mind who try blame for no reason it'll cause lost true friendship who you trust person or not ;)

Trust is the most important, yet the hardest of all things in life. It is often hard to trust someone, and sometimes easy to trust someone when they say they wouldnt hurt you or stab you in the back, etc...and you get the kind of impression that they wouldnt do such a thing like that so...thats what I went thru a number of times before with certain ppl and they DID lie, betrayed me, hurt me, etc...so the sloution to this is NOT to trust the person completely 'til you are absloutely certain that you are comfortable with that person. Make sure you know that person for more than a year so you wouldnt screw things up, etc...like I did.

I thought I know someone long enough who wouldnt dare betray or hurt me so bad that the person shouldnt be like that and well that person just did. I'm lost at words and wouldnt even understand why it had to happen...but of course, nobody's perfect but whoever betray you should've known better than that and if they betray you that bad, then they proably arent worth to talk to again. I've been thru this many times with many ppl, and most of the time anyone who betrays me or hurt me badly would most likely not get the chance after that.

I try to be sociable, mature, nice, considerate, and would always explain for my actions if I have ever betrayed or hurt someone cause I never do anything like that on purpose. I try to show respect to the people who would deserve respect, and respect is always the high point of the day to everyone.

If someone dont give you any respect, then thats the person's loss.

So, sometimes it is hard to earn trust, and to earn respect I know that but at least you get some from some ppl and you dont get some from some ppl either...happens to everyone.

So seriously, in such situations like this (if only you know what I'm talking about, ADers) THEY SERIOUSLY NEED TO GROW UP!

Certainly I know I would never create such situations like this before, cause I know better than that.

and so you do too, I believe.

Because we are ALL sick of drama.

Jealousy-

For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. James 3:16

Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways. Proverbs 3:31

Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way... Psalm 37:7

Again, I considered all travail, and every right work, that for this a man is envied of his neighbour. This is also vanity and vexation of spirit. Ecclesiastes 4:4

for enemies...

And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him. Psalm 37:40

That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; Luke 1:71

So that we may boldy say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. Hebrews 13:6

For the Lord your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you. Deuteronomy 28:7

Anger

For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Psalm 30:5

Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools. Ecclesiastes 7:9

But I say unto you That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the Judgement: Matthew 5:22

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:31, 32

Forgiveness

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Luke 6:35-38

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:44, 45

And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trepasses>
But if ye do not forgive, neither will your father which is in heaven forgive your trepasses. Mark 11:25,26

Lying

A man that beareth false witness against his neighbor is a maul, and a sword, and a sharp arrow. Proverbs 25:18

And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these things that I hate, saith the Lord. Zechariah 8:17

A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape. Proverbs 19:5

But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. James 3:14

Courage

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalm 27:14

For the Lord loveth judgement, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off. Psalm 37:28

Peace

I will hear what God the Lord will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints:... Psalm 85:8

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

Prayer

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Matthew 7:7,8

And all things , whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall recieve. Matthew 21:22

And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. Psalm 50:15

Help in troubles

Behold, God will not cast away a perfect man, neither will he help the evil doers:
Till he fill thy mouth with laughing, and thy lips with rejoicing. Job 8:20, 21

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation. but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Pride

Look on every one that is proud, and bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place. Job 40:12

An high look, and a proud heart , and the plowing of the wicked, is sin. Proverbs 21:4

The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the frowned mouth, do I hate. Proverbs 8:13

I hope this will help you with the verses.. God told me to share this verses with you and hope you will find peace in your heart and know that God is with you and that you are not alone in this. Ok.. :)

God bless you.
Hugs,
Ginger :)

nicely put Ginger!

Cheri, don't allow that person to make your life miserable, just bec they are unforgiving its not your fault. Those people with grudges are just unhappy people themselves. Just put the past behind you and live your life to the fullest. You can forgive them in your heart bec sometimes the grudgee doesn't accept your apology for whatever reason if they want to be miserable let them and turn away.

Welcome back Cheri :hug:

I know its off the topic....but.....
WELCOME BACK, CHERI!!!!!!
We missed you, girl!!!

Pathological liars really do have mental health issues. It is a symptom of borderline personality disorder. They honestly need therapy.

Pathological liars really do have mental health issues. It is a symptom of borderline personality disorder. They honestly need therapy.

*nodding agreement*

:nodding agreement:

I know Exactly what you mean... I had a few of those in my life.. I did what I had to do, removed them from my life, forgave them, but I'll never forget.. ANd I just don't trust them anymore, even if they swear up and down that they've changed... Cuz once my trust gets broken.. good luck getting much of it back.. That's just me.

I know Exactly what you mean... I had a few of those in my life.. I did what I had to do, removed them from my life, forgave them, but I'll never forget.. ANd I just don't trust them anymore, even if they swear up and down that they've changed... Cuz once my trust gets broken.. good luck getting much of it back.. That's just me.

Exactly, same here, that's what I've done too....

Yea, I know exactly what you mean, same thing happened to me, when I went up to the person who lied about me, a person would apologized and swears this person wouldn't do it again, once I turned my back, it happened again and again non-stoppable. So, I decide to end the friendship and moved on, then this person made my life miserable, tried so hard to ruin friendship with people I am friends with.

jillio said:

I thought so. Thanks for your input. ;)

Thanks everyone else for their inputs... ;)

yeah i agree good post
i have to be very careful who i can trust or who i can't trust i can't trust men anymore fearing that they will hurt me and give me much pains and they played mind games with me when i don't or have no choice and etc... i hate liars and mind gamers sometimes i have hard time to forgive when they hurt me and if i forgive them again they will do that again by hurting me again that i can't be able to forgive again
i forgive them over and over only they do is hurt me again and again i can't just forgive and forget i only forget it but not forgiven

Cheri..I am glad to see ya back in here..and some of what the ADers say in here make sense at best.. and it's best to move on from one point to another and look forward to a new start and do what ya can do to make sure ya will never be in another situation (althought that could be moot point if that happens again and again?) and hope for the best....

Yea, I know exactly what you mean, same thing happened to me, when I went up to the person who lied about me, a person would apologized and swears this person wouldn't do it again, once I turned my back, it happened again and again non-stoppable. So, I decide to end the friendship and moved on, then this person made my life miserable, tried so hard to ruin friendship with people I am friends with.

I thought so. Thanks for your input. ;)

Thanks everyone else for their inputs... ;)

That's what this person did to me thru PM about you. I knew immediately that this person had a problem... not just one problem, but MANY of them. This person hurt me enough to know that this person did this to ME, not you when this person named you to my face. It happened last Dec 2006 before I uploaded a pic of myself with a Christmas cap. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back