Why do some deaf

doesnt really apply to me-- i dont prefer hearing. i prefer deaf.

I prefer deaf, I don't mind dating a hearing girl but for some reason, I dated about 4 hearing girls in the past even the hearing girls and I have good communication but for some reason, it doesn't seem to work out. As for deaf girls, I dated mostly deaf girls and it mostly seem to work out better and I think that communciating with deaf girls are easier for me than hearing girls.

Originally posted by Freaky
It is the communication itself. It makes or breaks a marriage and/or relationship.

This I like :) Its very true. I used to say "i wont date Deaf guys!!" But now I realized it doesnt matter. I've dated a HoH, didnt know ASL, that was weird. I've dated a Deaf guy - oh my god it was so cool - but he didnt understand all I had to say. And now there's a hearing guy - he understands me, knows what I mean, knows how I feel - but eh.. doesnt know ASL. (that'll change) So, its true that I'd rather date a Deaf guy, but settle for hearing guys because I've run into so many "retarded" Deaf guys. (no pun intended :D)

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
also deaf guys wearing that shirt that Deaf Girls never say no... they really think we are easy?? fuck them!!! :)
I have that shirt because I refuse to date a deaf girl.

sometimes opposites just attract. In one sense, hearing can help the deaf be more independent, etc. In another sense, deaf could be happier with deaf if there's no communication with the hearing partner. Some deaf people can be immature compared with their hearing peers. It all depends on the environment each individual has lived in. I prefer a hearing guy myself cuz I live in a hearing world dispute that fact that I have a profound hearing loss and communicate via oral (not sign) with family. My guy is learning sign language as another way to communicate with me because I'm learning that language so I have another way to communicate with my people. But yeah, people (especially closed minded people) have to open up their hearts and minds and look to the personalities of each individual for deciding who to date (not if they're deaf or hearing).

When I dated some hearing girls (no serious relationship at all), they seems like they are more close-minded and don't want to talking about anything such as made dirty jokes, etc. That made me irrariated (sp?) because it made me feel like limited to talk about anything at all. Then I had been dated with 3-4 deaf girls, they seems they are more open-minded and don't mind to talk anything at all. Weird...big difference between both of them. From now, I perfer with HOH/deaf girls. But I find that it's very rare to find the hearing open-minded girls that are willing to learn about sign language. Also, I find that it's very rare to find the deaf girls to being very attractive than hearing girls. I don't know why. :|

Originally posted by LeviathanC
When I dated some hearing girls (no serious relationship at all), they seems like they are more close-minded and don't want to talking about anything such as made dirty jokes, etc. That made me irrariated (sp?) because it made me feel like limited to talk about anything at all. Then I had been dated with 3-4 deaf girls, they seems they are more open-minded and don't mind to talk anything at all. Weird...big difference between both of them. From now, I perfer with HOH/deaf girls. But I find that it's very rare to find the hearing open-minded girls that are willing to learn about sign language. Also, I find that it's very rare to find the deaf girls to being very attractive than hearing girls. I don't know why. :|

I found the same thing too. Very hard to find a hearing girl who is all involved with a deaf man. I guess it depends on what the deaf man has that attracts the woman to get into you.

I'm talking about like, "I got the beer and I'm naked. Want to have fun?" Last time I made a similar recommendation to a hearing ex...I got insulted and the whole school found out about it.

With my wife before I married her, she told me, "I know where my dad hides his whiskey, let's get it."

However, why some deaf people preferred to date hearing people are because they wanted some intelligence in the relationship.

Originally posted by GoldenLeaf74
for me I dont care about how relationship with any hearing or deaf, important hearrt, good relationship, respect each other and strong love.
i agree with you,Goldenleaf!!!

well I took the middle road and now married to a HoH myself ...but sometimes it goes seesaw when she goes hearing act one day deafie act next day

Oh well that life

Originally posted by SilenceGold
I found the same thing too. Very hard to find a hearing girl who is all involved with a deaf man. I guess it depends on what the deaf man has that attracts the woman to get into you.

I'm talking about like, "I got the beer and I'm naked. Want to have fun?" Last time I made a similar recommendation to a hearing ex...I got insulted and the whole school found out about it.

With my wife before I married her, she told me, "I know where my dad hides his whiskey, let's get it."

However, why some deaf people preferred to date hearing people are because they wanted some intelligence in the relationship.

True to that. I don't mind about the intelligence deaf girls because of being more mature. If I can't able to find one...that's okay with me as long as they are open-minded deaf.

Originally posted by LeviathanC
True to that. I don't mind about the intelligence deaf girls because of being more mature. If I can't able to find one...that's okay with me as long as they are open-minded deaf.

Is that because you don't want to be charged $2.99 a minute when they talk to you dirty.

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Is that because you don't want to be charged $2.99 a minute when they talk to you dirty.

:roll: Not that because of that. :roll:

Um, depends how they were raised in either worlds. For example, I was raised in hearing world and the last few relatoinships I have had, were hearing guys. I have not had any relationship with a deaf guy before and I dont mind trying someday.

My grandmother did say that I must marry a deaf because I was deaf too? I'm like wtf? NO I dont have to! lol

Originally posted by ColinTri
I don't understand what you are getting at. Are you implying that the only reason for deaf men to go out with hearing women is because of their intelliegence? When I was involved with my ex of four years (no surprise here, she was hearing), she was extremely friendly and intelligent. She always knew when I was joking around and when I wanted to mess around.

Trust me, it isn't that hard to get involved with a hearing girl if you know what you are doing. Basically, it is all about playing a game on a different level. I do agree that communication is the key factor in a successful relationship but it depends on how you want to perceive it.

My .02 cents here, fellas.

When I went to ASD for three weeks, I was shocked at some of the deaf teenager's intelligence levels. You would see more immature communications. I have really never seen any converstations being held seriously with exception of between the supervisors.

When I returned to the public school. I had attempts to date some hearing girls. Many of them were doing fine as long as it was 1 on 1 converstation with me. However, for example, if we were eating at a resturant in the home town, she would be approached by someone, whoever knew her, and they would trail off having a converstation. Even this girl knew average sign language and didn't bother to interpreter the entire converstations between this person and her. I learned a lesson after that incident.

Next date was with a different hearing girl. This time, I took her out to a town about 20 miles away. My excuse was that it was the only place where they had italian food. We never got distracted. She never knew what the real intentions were that I had took her out of our home town.

Taking a hearing girl to the big movies was one of the worst experiences I have had. When she is laughing during a scene, I would have difficult time asking her what's funny. She would put up this finger up and tell me to hold while she's watching it not wanting to be distracted. My development on having patience must have started right there on that spot. Even after she was finished laughing as the climax of the movie was going down, she would tell me, "I'll tell you about it later."

I just sat back and waited for the whole movie to end. We both would end up going back to the car where I parked. I would ask her, "Now, what was funny when this guy got slapped?" She would sit back and try to think then tell me few minutes later, "Oh I'm sorry I really can't remember what he said to those two girls."

That really pissed me off. Communication was difficult there. I do know that not all hearing girls are like that. My dad gave me advices, "Don't date the knock out girls because all they care about are their looks. Look at your mom, I married her with not because of her looks but it was because she can cook dinner like she has been for the last several years." I started to pay attention to several hearing girls in public school before I bothered to ask them for a date. I've never seen a girl walk up to me or became interested to have a communication level with me.

Lisa has changed what I have thought about ever since I dated her. Her intelligence would superpass what I have seen in this deaf school that I went to. It did change what I have thought about when it came to datings. I am damn proud of it. :wink:

Originally posted by Freaky
My soon to be ex-husband is deaf and I've noticed that there's a lot of miscommunication between us. His english comprehension is lower than mine, he went to both Gallaudet and NTID but never completed his studies there. I mainstreamed and never had an interpreter. I come from a 6th generation Deafie family and I thought I was better off marrying a Deaf man because "It was just so." I was definitely mistaken because we had a lot of miscommunication. I was for communicating things out, if there was a problem, it needed to be solved right there and then. He preferred to leave it and let it manifest and build up like "an onion, layer by layer". Marriage meant doing things for your spouse, "for better for worse", I realized that and knew it. I would help my husband out and wondered how come he wasn't helping me out. I started to realize I was doing everything for him. I was "shouldering" all the responsiblities and told my husband he had to do his fair share of responsibilties as a husband and as a "man". The fact we marry or date men because they are deaf , HoH or hearing makes no difference. It is the communication itself. It makes or breaks a marriage and/or relationship.
:werd:

I got involved with both hearing and Deaf men for years.. Communication is the important key. Well, I finally realized that dating with hearing men is not suitable for me because of communcation issues....that because I was exposured to oral environment where hearing teachers brainwashed and installed false information into us. First of all, I did not accept the fact that I am Deaf until many years later, I finally woke up and got it at last.

Now, I prefer to date with intelligent Deaf men with educational background and keen knowledge of any aspects of world issues (Ofc, I am seeing someone here.. he keeps me company almost every day).

Back