Why do some deaf

B

BostonIceFire

Why do some deaf people prefer to date hearing only? I have a friend that she refused to date a deaf guy for it lowers her standards when it comes to dating. I was like wtf..

I don't really think it matters who you date just as long both are happy with each other.

BUt anyways, she said that she refused to look like a fool being with a deaf guy. (She is strong deaf, strong asl) that just puzzled me..

WHy would some people do that?

I have one freind like that don't wants to date deaf man cuz she say they are not smart and not handsome something like that and i don;t understand why she think that way

Good questions... For me i DONT care as long personalities come first and communicate is the KEY for the relationship to works out. I dont know why some deaf people dont wanna dating deaf people too. I guess their bad experiences or their level of education or whatever.

for me I dont care about how relationship with any hearing or deaf, important hearrt, good relationship, respect each other and strong love.

:lol: I notice that too...

I always date with hearing ladies... I don't know why. I do like to date with deaf ladies but maybe they were too intimidated by me? :dunno:

I always prefer to date with a deaf lady because of the same feeling and same culture and so many more. ;)

I never had a deaf partner in the past, though that may change in the near future. I did have one night stand with a deaf guy, and he was the best out of all the partners I had sex with. (he was the only deaf one, go figure...)

I really don't care about hearing-deaf issue. If I feel compatible with the person, and love is there, then we both can work it out. Same idea for black-white relationship, or whatever.

My soon to be ex-husband is deaf and I've noticed that there's a lot of miscommunication between us. His english comprehension is lower than mine, he went to both Gallaudet and NTID but never completed his studies there. I mainstreamed and never had an interpreter. I come from a 6th generation Deafie family and I thought I was better off marrying a Deaf man because "It was just so." I was definitely mistaken because we had a lot of miscommunication. I was for communicating things out, if there was a problem, it needed to be solved right there and then. He preferred to leave it and let it manifest and build up like "an onion, layer by layer". Marriage meant doing things for your spouse, "for better for worse", I realized that and knew it. I would help my husband out and wondered how come he wasn't helping me out. I started to realize I was doing everything for him. I was "shouldering" all the responsiblities and told my husband he had to do his fair share of responsibilties as a husband and as a "man". The fact we marry or date men because they are deaf , HoH or hearing makes no difference. It is the communication itself. It makes or breaks a marriage and/or relationship.

well - some deaf guys are not cute - same as for hearing but the hearing world is more bigger than the deaf - more choices/selections :) but also yeah the education is another issue. I dated this HOH guy but he was strong deaf...it was so hard to read his emails..and also immature and a jerk......... so I thought forget that...gonna stick with hearings but I have few times been interested in a deaf guy but their immaturity really bothers me. I am the girl that is conservative, likes to talk politics and about other culture......very into school...and I dont like people who get drunk or high......it makes it hard...when your values clash big time.......

That's another reason why deaf ladies found out about deaf guys from umm... u know other deaf forum. :o

ive dated hearie women and deaf women -- personally i prefer dating deaf women!

also deaf guys wearing that shirt that Deaf Girls never say no... they really think we are easy?? fuck them!!! :)

I don't wear "Deaf Girls Never Say no" tees, though I'd like one that says "Deaf Guys Never Say No"!!! :laugh2: 'cos that would be sooooo true.

I have not dated a hearing man, I have tried to but he did not want to try cuz of communication.. HE does not want to put up trying to sign and trying to talk..

Figures..

BUt I'm sure that does not apply to everyone. There is someone out there that is willing to be patient and learn how to communicate..

But I'm dating a deaf man right now, the communication is just fine, no problem.

I think that's admirable that a deaf person is dating a hearing person where they work hard to be together, if they are extremely happy with each other -- great!

i've a friend who refused to date ladies, because he had bad experience with one deaf gal? and also he is more into hearing world but he still love deafies too but just can't date deaf gals :dunno:

Originally posted by kuifje75
I don't wear "Deaf Girls Never Say no" tees, though I'd like one that says "Deaf Guys Never Say No"!!! :laugh2: 'cos that would be sooooo true.

:werd: I would want one - will wear it to the deaf events hehehe

I feel that I am kinda the opposite. I am hearing, who, because of circumstances, would only date a deaf girl, or, a hearing girl who in some way is involved with deaf (example, interpreter, CODA, etc). I want a girl who will understand me hanging with my deaf friends.

I do agree with everyone about communication. That is why I started to learn sign. At the time, I had a crush on my ex, and wnated to communicate better with her and her friends.

Originally posted by Freaky
The fact we marry or date men because they are deaf , HoH or hearing makes no difference. It is the communication itself. It makes or breaks a marriage and/or relationship.

That's totally true!!! Only way is keep relationship/marriage strong based on communcation with trustworthy. I was puzzled why I felt myself as lousy lover. Later I realized that major problem for relationship is communication factor. Either, Deaf, HoH, and Hearing. All are same is HUMAN being!!!!

I've dated quite a few deaf guys and I've had two serious relationship with a deaf guy before I met my hearing husband from RIT. It didn't matter to me that he was hearing. We fell in love for each other. I taught my husband how to sign and he signs very well - far better than me actually hahaha! He really understands deaf world as well as I do with hearing world. We blended together beautifully. We knew each other for 7 years before we tied the knot and we've married for almost 2 years next month. Wow, we have known each other for about 9 years now. Cooooool. :thumb:

Back