Why Deaf Chat Coffee?

I dont remember maybe you know? Did I eat there with you once long time ago?

yes it is... :wiggle:

I ate there a while back with friends, the service was OK but not great. Oh well. Must be their idea of 'good' service.

I've heard Mulan's in Russellville on Parkway across from Lowe's is excellent. I may go there this next weekend to try it out.

I would be embrassing if deaf people dont buy a coffee or whatever from Starbucks. I respect Starbuck and buy something. If i cannot afford so I won't go.

I dont remember maybe you know? Did I eat there with you once long time ago?

yes we did eat there before. :P

I ate there a while back with friends, the service was OK but not great. Oh well. Must be their idea of 'good' service.

I've heard Mulan's in Russellville on Parkway across from Lowe's is excellent. I may go there this next weekend to try it out.

You did? cool. yeah the lady did the job.. but last Sat we went there it was the girl who look like 10 11 yrs old that wait on us. I was like why cant the lady do the job like she always do? oh well.

Mulan's I never heard of the restaurant. Now I want to go there and try it out, LOL. :P

I Am The Host Of Deaf Chat Coffee At Colchester, Ct. Once A Month...it's Good To Get Deafies To Get Together Once A Month To Chat Many Things From 2 Pm To 5 Pm Then Sometimes We Go Out To Resturant Near By To Eat Dinner And Chat Some More!! It Do Felt Good After We Went Home!! Only Once A Month For Few To Several Hours..it's Not Hurt To Go!! Sometimes Some Deafies That We Have Not See For Long Time Came Over And Glad To See Them Again....
I Know Their Coffee Are So-so Bec They Made It Too Strong But I Do Like Their Iced Coffee It Taste Good Than Hot One!!!

In general when I go to socials, regardless of where it is, I notice a lot of deaf chatters do not pay for food/drinks or even bother to tip. To be honest with you, it is actually embarrassing because it is a poor reflection of us. A lot of hearing people will generalize (even though they shouldn't do that, but we all know they will and do) - so the next time they see a deaf person or a group of deaf people, they may not want to bother serving that person or group.

A few months ago there was a deaf poker tournament that ran for two days. On the second day the waitresses and waiters REFUSE to serve drinks because of lousy (if any) tips. In fact, they refused to step into the room. I wanted to crawl under the table and die.

Out of respect for a business such as Starbucks, people should pay for coffee and/or dessert...because sitting at the tables take up room from other paying customers and that can hurt the business. Same for restaurants...the longer you sit there and chat, the more money you take away from the waiter/waitress who could be earning tips from other customers at that table.

If you just want to chat, go to somebody's house. Please.

I love your quote. Funny, I went to Deaf Poker Tournment last March. I never knew they serves free. When I ordered something, I asked how much. She said "free" I told her thanks, but I forgot to tip her so next time I asked her for a drink. I gave her tip. And I totally agree with you about if anyone want to chat, go to somebody's house.

Oh and no offenses, most deafies has SSI, they have limited on budget. It might one of reasons why they are poorly to tip.

If you cannot afford to tip then don't eat at restaurants where tipping is customary. Go eat at McDonald's. That's my tip. ;)

If you cannot afford to tip then don't eat at restaurants where tipping is customary. Go eat at McDonald's. That's my tip. ;)

:gpost:
I agree with you. If cant afford to tip then dont go to restaurant that require to pay gratuity tips.

I usually pay tips from $8 to 20 bucks depend on the services. I know that may be crazy but true. My parents taught me to be class and be a tipper so that they able to earn the respect from.

at restaurant, usually pay $10-20, of course, they earn wages less than what we earned in outside of that (beside of SSI but understand the concept?)..

at bar, i always pay top tips because i want that bartender to serve me best one and able to know i'm top tipper. One time, i asked him to hit me up Long Island, so he was like *puzzled*, then he gave me Long Island, cost me $8 bucks then i told him, Here's $15 for yourself. He was like, Oh LORD! then he came to me as first before others who want to order, he asked me if i want other one, i told him yea. He serve me first.

Highest tippers usually get first serve from bartenders. Lowest tippers, they serve 'em last or lucky to get first depend on the mood.

:gpost:
I agree with you. If cant afford to tip then dont go to restaurant that require to pay gratuity tips.
Yeah. This usually happens when you have at least 6 to 8 people with you... it varies on the restaurant. That's something you should keep in mind.

If you're going to a nice restaurant with a bunch of friends, be prepared to pay tip.

and its a poor one at that. there are lots of folks on SSI not just deaf folks and they find ways to tip accordingly. They may not eat out as frequently but they tip when they go to a nice restaurant to eat.

Here in Tampa area, we have deaf coffees at Starbucks and Panera Bread. Panera Bread has excellant coffee and I think they have the refills there also for you. You can eat salads and pastries also and it's bigger than Starbucks. Call me a piggie,,,but I always order Carmel macchiatos (and a snack sometimes)..I always make sure I enjoy my deaf coffees to the fullest! :mrgreen:

Oh and no offenses, most deafies has SSI, they have limited on budget. It might one of reasons why they are poorly to tip.

Then they shouldnt go out to restaurants if they cant afford to pay tips. I think that is a poor excuse.

Yes You Are Right Just Get Out Of House And Go There To See Friends To Chat Get Together Only Once A Month For Few Hours Not Hurt..to Enjoying Seeing Friends And Chat Many Things..then Can Go Out To Eat Dinner In Any Resturants Nearby Then Go Home Feeling Good!!!
I Am The Host Of Starbucks At Colchester, Ct.
Terri

oh and Starbucks does have a tip-jar at the register as well as the drive through. Im sure they split it amongst the baristas at the end of the shift. Go ahead and stick a dollar in.

oh and Starbucks does have a tip-jar at the register as well as the drive through. Im sure they split it amongst the baristas at the end of the shift. Go ahead and stick a dollar in.
Yeah, it's like the bars as well.

When I go to Dave & Buster's and get my drinks from the bar, I usually leave a dollar or two. :)

Back