Why Deaf Chat Coffee?

There's a deaf social that happens every month at Starbucks.

My question is...

Why Starbucks?

Why Deaf Chat Coffee?

I've attended this event several times in three different cities.

One thing I've noticed is that almost NO ONE orders anything from Starbucks.

If that's the case, why Starbucks? Was the person who established this event a coffee addict? How was it decided that it would take place at Starbucks?

One of the reasons why I don't go often is because it takes place at Starbucks, the place I like the least... plus, I sometimes feel guilty being there when I'm not buying anything from them.

Sure, I could have their desserts... but they're expensive as well. Seriously, having something so expensive isn't appealing enough for me.

Why not a different location?

Is there a location you would rather meet at instead?

Hey Vamp,

I'm not in your city. But I've been to Starbuck here in california even though I don't buy coffee at SB,
It was my second time last friday at SB for deaf event. It was OK. I don't know that many deaf and hearie (hearie for ASL classes and intrepeter) from different school, I know just few. I haven't gone to deaf event for 7 yrs. (A long story).

I don't really go to deaf event that much.

Why do they pick SB here in calif Because it has many restaurant, shopping, and grocery store.

Don't feel guilty. I've seen some deaf/hoh and most hearing buy coffee at SB.

I think different location would be better but for some people says too far you know.

Back