Why Buick?

Christer

Reaction score
I was driving to home from work today and I noticed many black people driving Buick cars. I wondering why so popular in Buick?

Perhaps Buick is similar to Olds (no longer around)?

But seriously, Black people drive anything other than Buicks.

I was driving to home from work today and I noticed many black people driving Buick cars. I wondering why so popular in Buick?
Well, since this is the first time you seemed to have noticed this phenomenon, I guess it's "National Blacks Driving Buicks Day.". ;)

Last edited:
I drive a Lincoln, and have had several black people ask me where I got my car......black people like "big" cars.....

Italian peeps drive buick too. most of them who likes bling bling that tend to drive buick. lolol

I don't like Buick...not my style....it feels..I don't know....

I know that almost Blacks own Cadillacs. I don't un why they buy Buicks

I know that almost Blacks own Cadillacs. I don't un why they buy Buicks

Probably the closest they can get to Cadillacs?....And jeez, wonder how they can afford them?...But, yeah, they drive Lincolns too.

No stereotyping or racial profiling in this thread, eh?

:roll:

Odd, in here, many blacks own many different of American cars, especially GM and Ford.

My black neighbor owns a Hummer, a Chrysler 300, a Ford 150, and an old T-Bird. No Buick.

Whats wrong with Buick? They looks sexy.

2010_buick_lacrosse_1.jpg

Buick Lacrosse

Tiger-Woods-Buick-Enclave.jpg

Buick Enclave

Not new Buick, of course I like new buick and I mean why most black people driving bum and old buick? Because they like driving smooth? cheaper insurance? bigger room inside? I want to know.
For example I found some cars I see many they drive buick.

buick_roadmaster.jpg

1989BuickLesabre.jpg

1993BuickLesabre.jpg

77_Buick.sized.jpg

Not new Buick, of course I like new buick and I mean why most black people driving bum and old buick? Because they like driving smooth? cheaper insurance? bigger room inside? I want to know.
Then you need to ask them.

For example I found some cars I see many they drive buick.

buick_roadmaster.jpg

1989BuickLesabre.jpg

1993BuickLesabre.jpg

77_Buick.sized.jpg

I have many black friends from Chicago and they like old school luxury and big for their style, it is not just Buick. Also old school car luxury is perfect for big RIM. They don't care about speed.

They don't said anything about money.

Awesome

Call Buicks old fashion but I like them, I drive a Plymouth Acclaim it's old as crap but I love it. 283,000 miles I also have a Chevy Cavalier with blow'n Catalytic converter. Kid you not it's black all around, honestly I used to be a Chrysler fan, now I like fords mostly. Including the Mercery line, I also like select GM models and Jeeps. Me personally I'm all about American cars, the styling of Buicks is the same as the Oldsmobile Cutlasses of the past, I really like cars of this styling for the ride and general look how do you explain it.

could be just a regional thing. here it is Cadillac suv's or any big suv. California has areas where a certain car is more popular.

I noticed you live in Indiana.

My reply might have racial overtones, but it is my opinion, not a fact: Many black people have this urge to compete with other blacks over "who has the better car". Many of them value their self-worth by what they wear, drive, and what jewelry, phones, etc they have. I call that the "inner-city mentality".

Buicks represent luxury, so they want to be seen as having a luxury car.

Here in the Northeast, blacks mainly drive Cadillacs, Acuras, BMW's, Mercedes, Lexuses, and the venerable Chrysler 300.

Have you been to Florida? 95% of the retired population drives Buicks. "Old people" like big Detroit-made cars, so Buicks fit that image.

Probably the closest they can get to Cadillacs?....And jeez, wonder how they can afford them?...But, yeah, they drive Lincolns too.

used cars. IRS/Police-confiscated cars sold at auction shows.

Back