Why Buick?

My black neighbor owns a Hummer, a Chrysler 300, a Ford 150, and an old T-Bird. No Buick.

with spinning wheels?

Odd, in here, many blacks own many different of American cars, especially GM and Ford.

I forgot to add Dodge and Toyota too.

I agree with The Highlander above.

I don't like Buick...not my style....it feels..I don't know....

My mom's first car was 1940ish Buick coupe, then followed 63 Skylark, 68 Electra, 70 Electra 255, 87 Century Custom , currently 2005 Century Custom. I used to fixing a 70 Electra 255, with a 455 cid V8, 3 SPD auto tranny when I was a teenager, drove joyride. The full gas tank was last 4 days, lot gas thirsty. Fun and easy drive. Today's parking lot shrink to small space , trouble for big cars.

I agreed with The Highlander, also they are more comfort with Buicks or big cars as they can afford to spend their hardship money on the repairs. And they pack their things in big trunk room in case of eviction from landlords.

Italian peeps drive buick too. most of them who likes bling bling that tend to drive buick. lolol

i am Italian and drive a Buick only reason i like them because they are proven to be dependable and reliable (3800) and hardly any repair bills they are known to last over 250,000 mile easily....

i am Italian and drive a Buick only reason i like them because they are proven to be dependable and reliable (3800) and hardly any repair bills they are known to last over 250,000 mile easily....

Buick engines (3800) will live longer if you take a care of it. Ofc, they are always have oil leaks, fix pan or V/C gaskets, seals, etc.... The automatic tranny is short live like last 50 to 75k miles.
The model year of the 3.8L S/C'd engines in Buick cars, is 1991 to 2005.

Electra.............1991 only
Park Ave..........1991 to 2005
Regal...............1997 to 2004
Riviera.............1995 to 1999

Buick engines (3800) will live longer if you take a care of it. Ofc, they are always have oil leaks, fix pan or V/C gaskets, seals, etc.... The automatic tranny is short live like last 50 to 75k miles.

V/C?

My mom in law have issue with her 90's Buick's coolant leak.

You are Italian then what's wrong with FIAT or Ferrari?

V/C?

My mom in law have issue with her 90's Buick's coolant leak.

All 3.8L engines have frequent leaky water pumps. On newer 3.8L engines except S/C's, suffer coolant leak from warped intake manifold (plastic composed) where the coolant seeps out from between intake manifold and throttle body, sometime coolant seeps inside the intake manifold, and broken nipples (for heater hoses) at the intake manifolds. Plastic intake manifolds are no good. Stupid GM engineers.

i have nothing wrong with my car its like brand new had it since 50,000 miles...and yeah i work on cars my self and only time i had to take care of was the intake gaskets and upgraded the gaskets as a precautionary...i modded mine so i know almost all the in's and outs...
lol i am still on my stock trans at 149,000 miles and do drive it hard! and i will be putting in a newly built tranny only a couple thousand for it still better then buying a new car!

All 3.8L engines have frequent leaky water pumps. On newer 3.8L engines except S/C's, suffer coolant leak from warped intake manifold (plastic composed) where the coolant seeps out from between intake manifold and throttle body, sometime coolant seeps inside the intake manifold, and broken nipples (for heater hoses) at the intake manifolds. Plastic intake manifolds are no good. Stupid GM engineers.
its the gaskets they put in....almost all cars now have plastic intake manifolds

its the gaskets they put in....almost all cars now have plastic intake manifolds

I noticed the S/C'd engines still use aluminum intake manifolds instead of plastic intake manifolds. Yeah, all newer cars use plastic intake manifolds.

Yep. Also, GM is famous for heater core leak.

My interpreter complained about her old chevy blazer, pontiac grand am, and Trailblazer. All of them were heater core. She must bad luck.

Also, I saw a 09 chevy cobalt SS (turbocharger) at work. I asked to tech, "what's wrong with it?" He said heater core issue.

I started avoid from buy a GM.

i have nothing wrong with my car its like brand new had it since 50,000 miles...and yeah i work on cars my self and only time i had to take care of was the intake gaskets and upgraded the gaskets as a precautionary...i modded mine so i know almost all the in's and outs...
lol i am still on my stock trans at 149,000 miles and do drive it hard! and i will be putting in a newly built tranny only a couple thousand for it still better then buying a new car!

Stock parts and mod parts are different story.

I noticed you live in Indiana.

My reply might have racial overtones, but it is my opinion, not a fact: Many black people have this urge to compete with other blacks over "who has the better car". Many of them value their self-worth by what they wear, drive, and what jewelry, phones, etc they have. I call that the "inner-city mentality".

Buicks represent luxury, so they want to be seen as having a luxury car.

Here in the Northeast, blacks mainly drive Cadillacs, Acuras, BMW's, Mercedes, Lexuses, and the venerable Chrysler 300.

Have you been to Florida? 95% of the retired population drives Buicks. "Old people" like big Detroit-made cars, so Buicks fit that image.
To me, Buicks represent "old people" only. :lol:

Back