Who's HOH here and dont sign often?

I am HOH even tho I have profound loss. I usually talk but will sign with deaf friends. I failed sign language class 3 times!!! eeeek.

:(

Im deaf and I dont sign at all but I use my voice all the time... I've been raised in a hearing world and loving it.... It's not a problem for me at all.. you are not the only one and there isnt much deafies around here.... I think I would stick with the hearing world but if a deafie comes along I would give the person a chance and maybe become good friends.....

it's not a problem with me

God Bless You! :angel:

I am hard of hearing but I call myself that I am deaf. :)

I can signs and voice talk :) I used talk without signs to my family that mostly dont signs only my mom and one of my sister can signs and my other 2 sisters only signs A to Z and very few signs.

My mom signs very english sign and talk with their voice

my 2nd sister mix english and asl with their voice (bitch sister) lol

3rd and 4th sister just signs a to z and few signs that I used talk my voice without signs.

Rest of all my mom's family that I used my voice to talk and some write down on papers. that they dont signs. :)

I'm profound deaf, but my ASL sucks, don't really care for it. I use pigin english. I can speak some but not too well. *shrugs* I understand English WAY better than I can sign language.

I pretty much require TOTAL COMMUNICATION. I cannot understand sign language by itself. You gotta speak or at least move your lips along with the words when you sign. Otherwise I will be like "WTF ARE YOU SAYING?!".

I am Hoh but I do use sign language even with my son TJ. I want him to learn sign language so he can communicate with his GodMomma who is fully profound deaf. When I am around hearing people- I don't use sign language. Around deaf people I used PSE. :)

I Was Hoh But Now Profound Deaf. I Often Mistaken For A Hearing Person Even Though I Have A Hed Guide Dog. Funny Eh! My Asl Is Very Rusty But Luckily My Hearing Family Know Finger Spelling If Needed.

CATLOVERS2000 said:
I Was Hoh But Now Profound Deaf. I Often Mistaken For A Hearing Person Even Though I Have A Hed Guide Dog. Funny Eh! My Asl Is Very Rusty But Luckily My Hearing Family Know Finger Spelling If Needed.

Heh, a lot of deafies mistake me for a hearing person a lot...they say my sign language and body language is like a hearing person's...LOL. *shrugs* It don't bother me.

I am when I talk to deaf, I sign more but to hearing, I speak only with my voice. And even now, I do mostly use my voice n' sign w/ TC to my kid when sometimes I talk more than sign n' sometimes not, it depends on my mood. However, I don't socialize much with deaf ppl that's why I don't sign much at this time.

im totally deaf.. and frequently in ASL. Even tho some people thought i was hearng just because I work at mortgage?!?! i told people even deaf people can have that kind of job. it kinda sad to realize that someof deaf people think we cant do it.. even we CAN DO IT! just that we have to work harder and get this accomplish!

I'm hard of hearing and don't use sign language since I'm the only hoh among my siblings and cousins . I sometimes feel so lonely in the hearing world.

Born Deaf!

WilGecko said:
I am hoh and dont sign often cuz grew up w/ hearing people mostly but do like to chat w/ deafs and hohs but dont seems to be enough going around lately. I am curious if there's other like me here in AD:dunno:

First, I grew up oral cuz of school that against sign lang which I did not know why but I simple keep on talking in my mouth lol.... That how my parents wanted me to be remind oral all my life but now start to little lose my speech.. oh well.. cuz of sigh lang... see below...

Second, then till abt 14 yrs old I started to learn on sign lang which was in other state.... I did not know anything abt sign lang cuz my parents want me to use oral and does not believe in sign lang till later they do now believe but one thing was that my late father was the first sighs to me cuz he had learned that in Colorado where he has to work on our last house to finish up with some touch up that all.... that is how he learned there from someone which I can't remmy who tho but it was really sadded me so much that I wish he has not died! But sighs... anyway my mother can finger spell only... but slow tho!

BTW, I am deaf/hoh...not sure which lol but just say I am deaf anyway cuz I was born deaf........ :)

However to that person:
GoKiGOki48rs said:
MOVEE this to ASL,ESL, ORALISM section!! :mad2:
That guy: WilGecko was just simple asked that all! OK? Thank you...

I m about "98%" deaf and I dont even sign that often.

When I do sign, I tend to "mumble".

Its not that I dont know how to sign. Just dont like to sign.

LuciaDisturbed said:
I'm profound deaf, but my ASL sucks, don't really care for it. I use pigin english. I can speak some but not too well. *shrugs* I understand English WAY better than I can sign language.

I pretty much require TOTAL COMMUNICATION. I cannot understand sign language by itself. You gotta speak or at least move your lips along with the words when you sign. Otherwise I will be like "WTF ARE YOU SAYING?!".

Basically same for me.

~AngelWolf~ said:
First, I grew up oral cuz of school that against sign lang which I did not know why but I simple keep on talking in my mouth lol.... That how my parents wanted me to be remind oral all my life but now start to little lose my speech.. oh well.. cuz of sigh lang... see below...

Second, then till abt 14 yrs old I started to learn on sign lang which was in other state.... I did not know anything abt sign lang cuz my parents want me to use oral and does not believe in sign lang till later they do now believe but one thing was that my late father was the first sighs to me cuz he had learned that in Colorado where he has to work on our last house to finish up with some touch up that all.... that is how he learned there from someone which I can't remmy who tho but it was really sadded me so much that I wish he has not died! But sighs... anyway my mother can finger spell only... but slow tho!

BTW, I am deaf/hoh...not sure which lol but just say I am deaf anyway cuz I was born deaf........ :)

However to that person:
That guy: WilGecko was just simple asked that all! OK? Thank you...

look at the date carefully. :lol: this thread was made from 3 yrs ago. I didn't realized I was that pissed or annoyed.

anyhoooooo...... 'course, AREN'T WE ALLL OFTEN MISTAKEN AS EVERY HEARING PERSON AROUND THE WORLD!? :dunno: I am not sure wherever in the between I am at but I know I can speak lil well... but I do sign more than I speak.

I was born with a mild bilateral hearing loss. I know how to sign a tiny bit due to a semester of ASL in high school. I always around hearing people. At the supermarket where I work, there is a customer,who is deaf, and we sign together. Sometimes, I will sign and speak at the same time with the hearing customers. If they learn some basic signs, that will relieve the pressure on me and my speech.

Back