Who has HDTV television ?

deafclimber said:
whoa ! why were u delaying ur quality time with xbox ! ? heh. i hope u play halo 2 online. it rocks !
At the time I was playing Medal of Honor on my PC and I thought that was enough for me. Ever since I got my new computer, Medal of Honor didn't look right anymore so I opened up my Xbox and got me Halo 2, GTA: San Andreas, and some car racing game. :ugh:

alex, cool... why are u feeling like
ugh.gif
? u arent happy with xbox eh ?

Alex said:
At the time I was playing Medal of Honor on my PC and I thought that was enough for me. Ever since I got my new computer, Medal of Honor didn't look right anymore so I opened up my Xbox and got me Halo 2, GTA: San Andreas, and some car racing game. :ugh:
I dislike to be interfere between alex and deafclimber's conversation.. You don't mind if Can I join between alex and deafclimber's little conversation for while..

Here is little topic off.. smile

Me either, for long time ago, as Once I put CD game of Tony Hawk's sk8 part 3 loaded on PC. it keep my PC freeze as my frusrations and Any PC Games don't look good on PC period before I buy xbox console.

I aware of PC Game is great, but its not right for PC system..

I quiet surprised that you bought GTA SA.. You better keep this as collection..:) In case, If you want to throw this game away.. you don't selling it to Game stop or EB game shop.. You can selling this game on ebay like 50 or 60 dollars buyers who will suddenly buy.. Since GTA SA pulled off from any store even game stop..

GTA SA will be very rare.

BY WAY: MOH [aka Medal of Honor 1 & 2] are awesome game ever I played on XBOX.. :D

I will let people stick on topic about HDTV.. ENJOY STAY!

ckfarbes said:
I dislike to be interfere between alex and deafclimber's conversation.. You don't mind if Can I join between alex and deafclimber's little conversation for while..

u dont interfere us at all. :)

most hdtv tuners have digital CC built in! It had nothing to do with the Tuner box. None of the HD Channels support CC except ESPN-HD and HBO-HD for now.

I have HDTV on a 47 inch tv. While I really like the caption feature, I'd like to see the letters be bigger and easier to read. This makes me wonder how small it looks on a 20 inch or so HDTV.. It feels as if the people who put it in did not really test it. Still, it s nice. I remeber a few years ago HDTV did not have closed captioning at all.

FitnessGuru said:
most hdtv tuners have digital CC built in! It had nothing to do with the Tuner box. None of the HD Channels support CC except ESPN-HD and HBO-HD for now.

do you have cable box or what ?

deafclimber said:
alex, cool... why are u feeling like
ugh.gif
? u arent happy with xbox eh ?
Oh I'm happy with my Xbox and the games I bought, but I feel bad for not making full use of them. :o

By the way, here's the Sony 55" HDTV in my living room.

sony_hdtv.jpg

Alex

I am surprised, you keep up clean the dust on the glass. Oh dear, I need you to clean up the dust at my apartment. I did not have a time to clean all the house while I work 80 hrs a week. Hopefully, I can clean it up on Sunday before I will be out of the town.

Your TV is so awesome. E is very lucky to watch a big screen on Lifetime Movie. :fruit:

Alex said:
Oh I'm happy with my Xbox and the games I bought, but I feel bad for not making full use of them. :o

By the way, here's the Sony 55" HDTV in my living room.

ahh you have two HDTVs... cool.. :) how many HD channels do you have ? i have only 12 HD channels in atlanta. i have comcast.

Last edited:
FitnessGuru said:
a directv tuner box. it's just the same as a cable box

ok do you have directtv HD box ? i tried to research on troubleshooting in directtv.com, but there is no information about CC and HD on directtv box. i dont know much about directtv stuffs. maybe i can google more about cc with direct tv for you.

I would love to have a large-screen HDTV but I know it will be many years before I can afford one. Maybe in a few years the price will become reasonable. Hope so. :)

I have 32 inch sony hdtv with directv channels and yes it has the closed caption on my hdtv channels if it has cc on the show that depends. And other channels has cc too. It's my husband's toy that he likes the cool stuff so he can buy the stuff for me that's required for deaf people. I am lucky to have him as my hubby!!!!!

In 2007, My HDTV has prefect CC, but I don't have dvr owner. I will get one someday when my money is permission first, Ha!

Can't believe anyone brought HDTV in 2005 which that was pretty expensive. This year, it's getting low and seem ok-ok price to get own HDTV.

We have a 42" Plasma TV with HDTV channels from Comcast, with a HDTV/DVDR. Deafclimber, YpbPr is what we use also. I don't know how many HD channels we have. I'll have to count them. We've had HDTV since 2006. It is fabulous. It's like being in a movie theater. I seriously have NOT gone to the movies since the final Star Wars movie came out. Why go if you can watch it at home?:lol:

Can't believe anyone brought HDTV in 2005 which that was pretty expensive. This year, it's getting low and seem ok-ok price to get own HDTV.

I got first Panasonic 37" Plasma HDTV before 2004 March Madness Basketball. Just bargain price 50 percent off from retail price at Circuit City. I paid $1500.

Last year, I bought Sony 32" LCD for $700. (we had Sharp for 1 week - returned/exchange for Sony)
One month ago, I grab Panasonic 32" LCD for $499 include 5 year warranty. They had Panasonic 42' Plasma for $899 without 5 year warranty. My best choice is 32" LCD. Of course, I want 42" Plasma. Most important best price with longer warranty.

Important to keep your eyes to see good price.

I have had my Sony 42 inches and Toshiba 27 inches HDTVs in my living room and bedroom respectively.

The CC is not workable on regular NBC channel but it is workable on HD NBC. Strange eh?

I have had my Sony 42 inches and Toshiba 27 inches HDTVs in my living room and bedroom respectively.

The CC is not workable on regular NBC channel but it is workable on HD NBC. Strange eh?

Something is very wrong with your cable company. I able to get both CC on NTSC and ATSC. It's unfortunately, CW-HD channel show big messy on CC issues include noise background as hearing claim, too thru OTA.

Back