Who got snow?

A good amount of snow, a large amount of blowing.

Got a good dumping of snow from yesterday and today...total of at least 3-4" of new snow on top of around 2-3" of existing snow. I had to shovel out all the snow on the sidewalks and the ramps and the snowplow truck piled the snow around my car, which I had to clear that. Whew! I got all heated up even in 15 degrees outside.

Snow and ice here. And a tree smashed our fence. We love our new chainsaw!

We got 30 mph winds with wind chills of 8 degrees today. Not pleasurable at all! I would take 30 degree snowy weather with no wind chills over today's weather!

Me too. Today's high was 14 lovely degrees.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Captivate (i897))

Today was a bright and sunny day, highs in low 20s and it was -2 deg F this morning, brrrr. Lots of snow cover, too. We are getting another storm with more snow on the way on Sunday to Monday.

we got some snow here where I am.... not entirely too happy about that. I hate when it gets so cold and slick! and my poor dog, I have to fight with him just to put his "boots" on so his feet doesn't freeze (and he doesn't like people playing with his feet).

I don't know how inch on snow I think so hard to not bad average I guess! pretty cold blizzard last year worst!!

Got about two inches of snow on Wednesday and then my computer modem when kaupt so I wasn't able to post about it till now.

It is cloudy and in the the 40s here. Bah humbug! I needs coffee.

Does the melted kind count. It's been drizzly and rainy all day. So many parking lots are flooded. I would say we got a good 4-6 inches of it.

Does the melted kind count. It's been drizzly and rainy all day. So many parking lots are flooded. I would say we got a good 4-6 inches of it.

Is there a standard ratio for how many inches of snow it takes to equal 1 inch of rain?

A: The most commonly used ratio is that 10 inches of melted snow is equivalent 1 inch of rain. However, according to the National Snow and Ice Data Center, this ratio is a myth for much of the USA. The figure can actually vary quite widely, depending on whether the snow is dry, fluffy powder (when 100 inches of snow would melt down to 1 inch of rain) or very heavy and wet (with a ratio of 3 to 1)

Today is only the 19th and I'm already sick of it. Can't wait till Spring!

Back