Who got snow?

They are saying 7 inches today now.....lol

That 3 times our annual average. It will be the 3rd storm that topped our annual average this year........crazy

It's fun to watch dogs and kids who haven't seen it before.

Wow, that's awful for you guys because you aren't used to it!

Yea, it has been a crazy season for many people across the US.

The 3 20-plus inches storms we got since Dec really exceeded MD's annual average like 5 times over.

It has been a crazy season here too. We have had about only two feet of snow on the ground since last December, and some grass can be seen on many spots. We tend to have total of four or five feet of snow on the ground during that time of period. Ottawa is more far north than in D.C. so normally we should have much more snow on the ground than you do. :eek3:

It has been a crazy season here too. We have had about only two feet of snow on the ground since last December, and some grass can be seen on many spots. We tend to have total of four or five feet of snow on the ground during that time of period. Ottawa is more far north than in D.C. so normally we should have much more snow on the ground than you do. :eek3:

But here in NY, at least on Long Island we had nothing since the big storm in Dec. Now we have 15+".

Wow, that's awful for you guys because you aren't used to it!

:giggle: It's great for me. No one here drives in it so I have the roads to myself........Tomorrow will be the bad day. This is wet snow....Tonight it will freeze and our roads will be ice rinks.

:giggle: It's great for me. No one here drives in it so I have the roads to myself........Tomorrow will be the bad day. This is wet snow....Tonight it will freeze and our roads will be ice rinks.

ice rinks? Let's play ice hockey! :laugh2:

ice rinks? Let's play ice hockey! :laugh2:

When I was a kid I bricked off our driveway and left the hose on all night hoping to make a rink.....I ended up icing the whole street. Oops!

BTW, I get to be Belarus!

When I was a kid I bricked off our driveway and left the hose on all night hoping to make a rink.....I ended up icing the whole street. Oops!

Many years ago, the bus loaded with students from my school for the Deaf had to stop because the highway was very icy. Suddenly a small bus with the boys from the Christian orphanage group came up and stopped. One of them was my classmate and he recognized the bus from my school. He got out of the small bus and tied up his ice skates. He skated toward the bus and greeted his fellow students. :laugh2:

I was not aboard at that time cuz I went home by flying aboard the airplane.

I should do that in my front yard...make an ice rink! lol

Just to get an idea of how much snow we got

Updates on aftermath of snowstorm - baltimoresun.com

6 feet, 7 inches of snow at BWI
Updated 6:13 p.m.: For a city that sees 18.2 inches of snow in the average winter (and less than 12 inches in each of the last three winters), this can only be described as a jaw-dropping season. No one predicted this, and no one could have.

So far this winter -- and I say "so far" because there is more snow on the horizon -- Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport has recorded more than 6 feet, 7 inches of snow. That is nearly four and a half times our annual average. Plenty of locations in Central Maryland saw more

I am getting tons of texts for insurance companies.......Trees are falling and carports are crashing down. I may go back in business for a few days. Already rounding up my former crews.

Just saw the update......8 inches and still snowing. Last night they said maybe 2 inches.

I am getting tons of texts for insurance companies.......Trees are falling and carports are crashing down. I may go back in business for a few days. Already rounding up my former crews.

If dont mind posting here or PMing me..what is your job?

If dont mind posting here or PMing me..what is your job?

Nothing now.

For years I owned a business rebuilding homes that were destroyed. I also did emergency board ups and tarping. In this case I will be pulling trees off of houses and tarping to prevent further damage. Plus pulling carports off of cars. We were always pretty good at demolition when part of the structure had to be saved. Takes patience.

Not so snow in my area. Snow accum is less than 2".
MSN-Emoticon-036.gif

Hey TXGolfer - great pics!! Who knew that Texas would get snow like that. I sure hope we don't get it down here in south Florida. :giggle:

Back