Who got snow?

My neighborhood is 85 years old. Back then, they didnt build driveways. However, as time progressed, people built separate garages but my house doesnt have one yet. If my street was marked "Snow Emergency route", I wouldnt be able to park on it but it isnt. Only the major routes are marked. Rarely, you would see a residential street marked for that purpose in Baltimore. It is more common in DC.

I figured that was the case or something like that. I know most neighborhoods in Columbia, MO are like that as well as Washington, MO. Here in WPB, FL we don't have that problem. What we have is a lot of neighborhoods don't allow streetside parking due to traffic congestion for hurricane evacuations.

I can't go out the front door as the snow is blocking it. I have no stairway below my side door because my landlord tore it out last summer and never replaced it. There's a snowdrift piled all the way up to the door itself. :shock:

Your doors dont open inside? My doors do and I didnt realize that until last night. I am glad they do! If they didnt, we would be stuck inside the house for sure.

Why does these wipers have to stand out? Is there a reason to have it up? :hmm:

to protect the wipers from being frozen and damaged from snow/ice

Yea, it took me a few years of living in MD to learn that! ha!
That is the only place I have ever seen that done. When I lived there I wondered about that also. Here, nobody does that, and we get lots more snow, at least normally we do. Maybe Baltimore gets more snow than Minneapolis this year? :eek3:

That is the only place I have ever seen that done. When I lived there I wondered about that also. Here, nobody does that, and we get lots more snow, at least normally we do. Maybe Baltimore gets more snow than Minneapolis this year? :eek3:

They do it in Missouri as well as Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, and Kansas that I know of.

My uncle from Minnesota is the one who taught me that.

Hey thats the new trendy thing to do in Baltimore. Leave them Wipers sticking straight out to spear any baltimore ravens flying by

Hey thats the new trendy thing to do in Baltimore. Leave them Wipers sticking straight out to spear any baltimore ravens flying by

Well, it didnt work cuz the Ravens WON! :lol:

Shel, you look like you are all ready for Christmas. Did your kids help you decorate? Where the snowman?

Shel, you look like you are all ready for Christmas. Did your kids help you decorate? Where the snowman?

My hubby did the decorations while I did the tree. I should take a pic of my tree. As for the snowman, I was too exhausted from shoveling so I will do it tmw. Besides, my daughter was at her dad's for the weekend. Just got her home and found out that schools are closed tmw so maybe we will make one tmw.

Just went out the side door and stamped down the snow in front of my kitchen door and now I can go out the kitchen door. I got the trash to the curb with some help from one of my neighbors. I have no shovel so I can't dig out the snow around my car. Perhaps I can borrow a shovel from one of my neighbors and work on digging snow out of my apt.

NovDec2009104.jpg
<---he is ready to make a snow angel

Snow is actually a luxury where I live. It never snows and if it does, it's just a very, very light non-sticky snow "shower." Occurs around mid-March sometimes....we do get tons of ice storms though :D

Back