Whitman's housekeeper

Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldn't you want to do that if you're a very privileged important person? You know... to make sure your closet is clean. Things like that can have a serious repercussion to your reputation and career.

Sure ......but there is no obligation

yes correct.

and there is ignorance too.

Yeah......But Whitman complied with the law....simple as that. :)

She also had a background check and several references. *shrug*

Yeah......But Whitman complied with the law....simple as that. :)
yea sure :dunno: especially from a Republican candidate who preaches about illegal immigration and workplace.

Whitman Responds to Claims About Former Maid - NYTimes.com
Ms. Whitman repeated her opposition to a path to legalization of million of illegal immigrants in Californians and voiced her support for workplace inspections to make sure that they are not employing undocumented workers. “We do have to hold employers accountable for hiring only documented workers,” she said. “And we do have to enforce that law.”

She also had a background check and several references. *shrug*
where?

uh..... that's... your definition of background check? a self-filled form that's unverified by outside source? nice.....

btw - I see a handful of questions there that's borderline illegal of anti-discrimination law.

That, as a background check, is laughable. If that is what gets relied on, no wonder people are getting screwed.:giggle:

what do you want then? background check on the top of background check, etc?

looking at TXGolfer's link. That's not even a background check. Submitting I-9 Form + some documents (SSN/license) is hardly a background check.

Background Check is typically performed by state police or reputable private service for criminal history, credit history, sex offender list, etc. I mean.. you do want to make sure you're not hiring a Child Rapist or Child Abuser, don't ya?

looking at TXGolfer's link. That's not even a background check. Submitting I-9 Form + some documents (SSN/license) is hardly a background check.

Background Check typically performed by state police or reputable private service for criminal history, credit history, sex offender list, etc. I mean.. you do want to make sure you're not hiring a Child Rapist or Child Abuser, don't ya?

And several different levels. For instance, a local check will only include info from the person's county of residence. A state check will include all info regarding the current state of residence. An FBI check will cover nationwide.

uh..... that's... your definition of background check? a self-filled form that's unverified by outside source? nice.....

btw - I see a handful of questions there that's borderline illegal of anti-discrimination law.

No....That was the references.....:lol:

The agency does the background check.... I will let ya know if they release that.

Background Check is typically performed by state police or reputable private service for criminal history, credit history, sex offender list, etc. I mean.. you do want to make sure you're not hiring a Child Rapist or Child Abuser, don't ya?

But, a background check isn't required by law.... *shrug* Whitman complied with the law. Perhaps the law should be changed. :)

Normally, in the case of domestics.....the background check will be done by the insurance company for the agency so that the employed can be bonded.

Looking like someone of another ethnic persuasion, apparently.
Not at all. How can I be more clear? I'll try again.

The police can stop and question anyone they see either breaking a law or exhibiting suspicious BEHAVIOR. It has nothing to do with color, ethnicity, clothing, or accent.

Then, while questioning the person about the crime or BEHAVIOR, and trying to determine the person's identity, the officer can question the documents that are presented for ID. That pertains not only to immigration status but also to warrants on record, BOLO's, Amber Alerts, underage drinking, etc.

But, a background check isn't required by law.... *shrug* Whitman complied with the law. Perhaps the law should be changed. :)

Normally, in the case of domestics.....the background check will be done by the insurance company for the agency so that the employed can be bonded.

oh ok then *shrug*

by your logic - the LEO do not need to inquire about suspect's immigration status since it's a federal duty and everybody goes thru border monitored by federal agents. With that - it is automatically assumed that everybody in America is here legally. so I don't see any point in having LEO to inquire about one's immigration status. *shrug*

oh ok then *shrug*

by your logic - the LEO do not need to inquire about suspect's immigration status since it's a federal duty and everybody goes thru border monitored by federal agents. With that - it is automatically assumed that everybody in America is here legally. so I don't see any point in having LEO to inquire about one's immigration status. *shrug*

:lol:

And, just because the agency did a check doesn't mean the employer cannot do their own check. Even though I had a check done for licensure, I still have to submit to an additional background check when employed by an agency.
Right, a background check by the agency. You don't get a background check done by each and every one of your clients/patients.

Whitman used an agency, and it was up to them to check out their employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back