Whitman's housekeeper

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why anyone would hire someone that has access to their home and family without a background check is beyond me.

if I were a regular guy... it's understandable but as a very privileged and important person? it is a serious security risk to not perform deeper background check.

It's a standard procedure that when applying for senior position at corporation - they undergo the same background check as FBI does.

one simple form for housekeeper to sign - A consent to background check

The agency did a background check......That completed form is in the LATimes link :)

Yup.... asking for additional docs is

refer to my Post #41.

and it is not illegal to ask her to sign the consent form for background check.

if I were a regular guy... it's understandable but as a very privileged and important person? it is a serious security risk to not perform deeper background check.

It's a standard procedure that when applying for senior position at corporation - they undergo the same background check as FBI does.

I had to go through a background check that included FBI check for my license. Teachers have to go through background checks. Volunteers at social organizations, hospitals, and schools have to have a background check. And many, many more. It should be considered standard procedure.

Agreed. I would certainly be suspicious if an employee I was considering hiring came back with a mismatched SS # on the paperwork.

I would too.....most would. Which is why the "letter" form SPECIFICALLY says NOT to assume based on receipt of the letter.

That link is poster as well.

The agency did a background check......That completed form is in the LATimes link :)

a convenient cop-out, I suppose? typical corporate practice - hire an agency that hires an agency to simply avoid the accountability.

Not surprising especially since she was the President & CEO of Ebay which has a history of shoddy business practice on identity theft, fraud, etc.

a convenient cop-out, I suppose? typical of corporate practice - hire an agency that hires an agency to simply avoid the accountability.

Not surprising especially since she was the President & CEO of Ebay which has a history of shoddy business practice on identity theft, fraud, etc.

And, just because the agency did a check doesn't mean the employer cannot do their own check. Even though I had a check done for licensure, I still have to submit to an additional background check when employed by an agency.

refer to my Post #41.

and it is not illegal to ask her to sign the consent form for background check.

And she did...or at least the agency did....

Yet by law she is not required to.....nor is she required to get copies of DL and SS....but she did that too

I would too.....most would. Which is why the "letter" form SPECIFICALLY says NOT to assume based on receipt of the letter.

That link is poster as well.

Double checking is not assuming. It is confirming.

Obviously not a thorough one. And the agency's check does not release the actual employer's obligation to do a background check.

Yet by law she is not required to.....nor is she required to get copies of DL and SS....but she did that too

so she turned a blind eye on it. cheap labor. why not? The only person to blame is the agency if caught.

so she turned a blind eye on it. cheap labor. why not? The only person to blame is the agency if caught.

And we have come full circle to "ignorance is no excuse".

Obviously not a thorough one. And the agency's check does not release the actual employer's obligation to do a background check.

An employers has an OBLIGATION to do a background check on a maid for their own home?????

:laugh2:

An employers has an OBLIGATION to do a background check on a maid for their own home?????

It would certainly be prudent if one wishes to avoid the kind of trouble that has occurred in this case. Especially when you are of the position that this employer is in. And, if you are concerned regarding the nature of someone you give access to your home and your family, then yes, you are obligated to do everything possible to protect their safety. And if you failed to use all measures available, then we go right back to "ignorance is no excuse."

wouldn't you want to do that if you're a very privileged important person? You know... to make sure your closet is clean. Things like that can have a serious repercussion to your reputation and career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back