Whitman's housekeeper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really??? How so??? Because she spoke Spanish? Looked hispanic??

Afterall....she admits to being from Mexico in her questionaire........

1. No-Match letter
2. $23/hr for 9 years
3. "I want to work for a few years and I want back to school and take computer management" and... 9 years later...
4. If I recall correctly - she said she was not able to travel
5. "Nicky, please check this. Thanks"

:dunno: Obviously they couldn't question the immigration status....it says so in the letter. Question is....if the issue wasn't remedied.....why was there no government follow up for 7 years???????????

"Nicky, please check this. Thanks"

oh wait.... "don't ask, don't tell."

1. No-Match letter
2. $23/hr for 9 years
3. "I want to work for a few years and I want back to school and take computer management" and... 9 years later...
4. If I recall correctly - she said she was not able to travel
5. "Nicky, please check this. Thanks"

1 & 5 are the same and the letter says not to make assumptions about immigration status.

2. Typical in California....even here

3. Plans change

4. She has kids....duh

and don't you think it would be prudent of her to do same?
The agency would be the one to do it....they carry the liability

ah... the "see nothing, hear nothing, say nothing" thing... :cool2:

Nice answer.....so no obvious clues then

and she was able to work? sounds like a shoddy agency.

Not if the ID was stolen.... :) (or in this case borrowed)

Nice talking points.... :lol:

Why didn't the government follow up????

They sent her "No-Match" letter. Whitman wrote "Nicky - please check this. thanks"

so what took Whitman so long to follow up on it?

They sent her "No-Match" letter. Whitman wrote "Nicky - please check this. thanks"

so what took Whitman so long to follow up on it?

Why would Whitman follow up????.....No more letters received. 1099s are matching (obviously because that is an automatic audit).

Whitman follow up??? That's just silly. Employers get clerical crap from the IRS and SSA all the time. No reason to follow up on it unless contacted again.

which goes back to my Post #90 (linked for your convenience)

which goes back to my Post #129 (linked for your convenience)

but... the No-Match letter... 9 years? why didn't the agency remedy this? and Whitman?

I-9 form....That's Whitman's legal burden....She met it.

The "no match" letter was 2003......since there was no follow up or audit there was no reason to assume it had not been remedied

Why would Whitman follow up????.....No more letters received. 1099s are matching (obviously because that is an automatic audit).

Whitman follow up??? That's just silly. Employers get clerical crap from the IRS and SSA all the time. No reason to follow up on it unless contacted again.

I-9 form....That's Whitman's legal burden....She met it.

The "no match" letter was 2003......since there was no follow up or audit there was no reason to assume it had not been remedied

so Whitman ignored it with "don't ask, don't tell" & "see nothing, hear nothing, say nothing" attitude and that's ok for her to do that. I see.

definitely not a good characteristic especially for Governorship. no wonder she's losing.

so Whitman ignored it with "don't ask, don't tell" & "see nothing, hear nothing, say nothing" attitude and that's ok for her to do that. I see.

As instructed by the letter.

definitely not a good characteristic especially for Governorship. no wonder she's losing.

And no wonder California is failing....

As instructed by the letter.
false.

Overview of Social Security Employer No-Match Letters Process
Worker's Notices (DECOR)

When SSA processes wage reports, it notifies every worker whose name and SSN could not be matched to SSA's records. This letter is sent to the address on the worker's Form W-2. If there is no address or an address is not found in the Postal Service database of valid addresses, this letter is sent to the employer. The new DHS regulation does not address these letters.

Employer Notices (EDCOR)

Approximately two weeks after the release of the worker letters, SSA sends employer no-match letters. Currently, these are sent to any employer who reported more than 10 no-matches that represented more than 0.5% of the W-2s submitted by that employer.

The Employer notice advises of the no-matches and asks for corrected information.

• Employer notices list up to 500 SSNs (no names) that could not be matched (the employer can contact SSA for a full list if there are more than 500 errors). The employer is asked to prepare Forms W-2c (Corrected Wage and Tax Statement) for each of the SSNs listed in the Employer notice that the employer is able to correct.

and according to link you gave me, the procedure was....
We are writing to you about your Wage and Tax Statement (W-2) or Corrected Wage and Tax Statement (W-2c) for the employee shown below. Please complete the information on the back of this letter and return it to us promptly. We cannot put these earnings on the employee's Social Security record until the name and Social Security number you reported agree with our records.

Employee's Name:
Social Security Number:
Reported Earnings:
Tax Year:

THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Compare the information shown above to your employment records.
2. If the records match, ask the employee to give you the name and Social Security number exactly as it appears on the employee's Social Security card. (While the employee must furnish the SSN to you, the employee is not required to show you the Social Security card. But, seeing the card will
help ensure that all records are correct.)
3. If the employee's Social Security card does not show the employee's correct name or Social Security number, or if the employee needs to report a name change or replace a lost Social Security card, have the employee con tact any Social Security office.
4. If you or the employee have been u sing an incorrect name or Social Security number, you must correct it.
5. Fill in the information above and return this letter in the enclosed envelope. (Do not attach a Form W-2c to this letter.)

If you have any questions, you may call us toll-free at 1-800-772-6270 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, Eastern time. If you call an office. please have this letter with you. It will help us to answer your questions.

so has Whitman done anything to correct the information? called SSA for help? asked the agency to fix it? called her lawyer to deal with it? anything?

And no wonder California is failing....
and you're defending an imbecile....

True actually....You conveniently left out the part about immigration status....

so has Whitman done anything to correct the information? called SSA for help? asked the agency to fix it? called her lawyer to deal with it? anything?

Yes, Nicky was given the form to correct (apparently) and no follow up was never done by SSA. Whitman sent 1099s and they never failed to match. :)

3. If the employee's Social Security card does not show the employee's correct name or Social Security number, or if the employee needs to report a name change or replace a lost Social Security card, have the employee contact any Social Security office.

:lol: She has done pretty well for herself.... and she complied with the law *shrug*

false.

Overview of Social Security Employer No-Match Letters Process

and according to link you gave me, the procedure was....

Bingo. And considering the dichotmous criteria applied to others, then it is only right that this poster apply the same criteria here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back