Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • What the Hell is "white noise"?

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
D

Deaf258

Have you ever had spells when you thought you were hearing "talking" or "musical" noises?

Are they coming from the imagination?

Are they a result from wearing hearing aids long term?

This should be an interesting discussion.

I think I get them through imagination! But again, my sister has said that she notices that I hear very high sounds very well. Sometimes she would test on the radio and find a woman voice on the news, with very high voice, and a little more volume, I am like "Am I dreaming or am I hearing something very high?" My sister always laughed and said yeah, that! on the radio! I am like :squint:

I don't hear anything. Wait... what's that sound I'm hearing? Never mind... I don't hear weird sounds... um, do I?

Sometimes I've had that. I can hear loud noises, but I don't always know where it comes from. Gets me pissed cuz I wish I knew if i was hearing something or if it was my imagination :squint:

Yes, I do have that sometimes.

Sometimes, all of sudden it feels like I'm hearing things. Sometimes it's like a VROOOOM kind. Sometimes, it's banging.

Whenever it's banging, I try to make my own noises opposite of banging noises to see if I really can hear. Same for VROOOOM kind too. It seems like I was imagining several times. The last time I "heard" something was about a week ago. I haven't wore my Cochlear Implant for like 4 to 5 yrs.

when i hear something with my hearing aids I always ask hearing freinds where heck noise come from

yeah I do. I do all the time ever since I suddenly lost my hearing to both of my ears.. I also have tinnitus where there's constant ringing in my ears.. but I do also hear other things when I really don't

Thats a great question.

When I take off the CI, I experience loud buzzing sounds. And, my mind plays tricks on me when this happens.. I still feel like I'm hearing without the processor.

For the last 5 years when disconnecting my Cochlear Implant-just silence. Return to being bilateral DEAF.

Thats a great question.

When I take off the CI, I experience loud buzzing sounds. And, my mind plays tricks on me when this happens.. I still feel like I'm hearing without the processor.

uuuhh.... this would be called tinnitus.....

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Deaf258 said:
Have you ever had spells when you thought you were hearing "talking" or "musical" noises?

Are they coming from the imagination?

Are they a result from wearing hearing aids long term?

This should be an interesting discussion.

What you're discribing is tinnitus, not white noise.

White Noise is a very specific sound from a specific wave form. There is also "pink noise" which again is a very specific sound which is identified by a specific wave form pattern.

Yeah, it's tinnitus. I have it, worse when my aid is off or out. The other night I could swear it was raining outside, but when I looked, nothing. It was just in my head, lol.

coolgirlspyer90 said:
white noise? :confused: what the hell is white noise? (excuse for my language)

Honestly the best thing would be to google it. It will explain what specifically it is as well as sound samples and visual diagrams of the white noise wave form.

keep in mind this thread is from 9 years ago and Cyborg just had to bring it up again.

cdmeggers said:
keep in mind this thread is from 9 years ago and Cyborg just had to bring it up again.

Yup, I know - that's why I've limited responding to only what's been posted after that :)

Back