Which one is better, Phonak Naida IX UP or Oticon Chili 9:

My audi said that Phonak Naida is better than the Oticon. I had brought both up yesterday and she said that oticon is ok but not as powerful as the Phonaks. She said Unitron is better than oticon as well. But for Phonaks you get better sounds and power.

I might find myself with Phonaks when I`m older but ik Oticon is not as powerful but good enough 4 me =D

I have Oticon as well and I like them but then again its the only hearing aid i've used but my mom has a different model its one of those older versions like a grandparent would wear no offense to my mom but u get what i mean.

I have Oticon as well and I like them but then again its the only hearing aid i've used but my mom has a different model its one of those older versions like a grandparent would wear no offense to my mom but u get what i mean.

:pissed: What's that whippersnapper?? Here's my Naida. Is your hearing aid half as cool??? I don't think so... :P

2lkybdx.jpg

I personally prefer Phonak. I wore Oticons for my first set but as soon as I put the Phonaks on, I nearly cried. Everything was really crisp and clear.

I wear a Oticon, don't think my local hospital does Naida's as I've never seen them on a person in the waiting room.

I have oticon too but wouldn't mind getting newer HA's to fix the L ear can barely hear in the L ear so uncomfortable. is there such a thing as adjustable headphones? I need some

I have oticon too but wouldn't mind getting newer HA's to fix the L ear can barely hear in the L ear so uncomfortable. is there such a thing as adjustable headphones? I need some

the streamer can be one since you can turn your hearing aid up and down with it, especially when you're listening to your ipod :D

my phone wont work with my HA because its dumb and there this ridiciously long code that my phone makes me punch in that i can't type in because its says i took too long to type it but its like 15 or 16 numbers. and i don't have an ipod. i have tape recorder.

my phone wont work with my HA because its dumb and there this ridiciously long code that my phone makes me punch in that i can't type in because its says i took too long to type it but its like 15 or 16 numbers. and i don't have an ipod. i have tape recorder.

try this trick, if you go 2 the bluetooth menu on your phone and it will ask you for that code so punch in 0000 and it will be booted. (it will say streamer) whatever.

I have not tried the Oticon, although I have heard of it. For me, personally, I love my Naida Phonak. I had a Bernaphon hearing aid for three years, starting in 2008, and I never really liked it.

I just got a new set of phonaks naida s ix up... I'm still wanting the oticon chili 9s back. Problem is both HA seem not to be balanced properly its low sounds in the right while the left is louder.. The chili 9s I never had that issue with them..But that was when the old audi was working there but he's retired and no longer works there :-( had been using him since I was a child...
This new one seems to be pushing more for phonaks. Yet she cannot program it as good as the last audi could... Wish he was still around! I have 97% loss on the right and 98% on the left...Can anyone tell me what the default programs are on a demo phonak s ix up? I feel she didn't even load on any programs at all as I really can't tell the diffrence when I change program modes like I could on the chili9s...Really trying to make it work with these phonaks to be nice to this newb audi but it's looking like I'm going to end up telling her to get the chili9s but then is it even worthwhile? Since I may even have the same issues as I do now with her lack of ability to program them as good as the last audi.

Jason that sucks! I had Oticon from the beginning of 05 when I was in 4th grade and I'm now using their high tech product that sounds kinda like the Chilli 9 (I have Safari 600s)
almost went with phonak but after I noticed it has the same tech specs as Siemens, I stuck with the brand I trusted ever since 05!

Hi, I used oticon hearing aids since I was a child and now at age 35 was looking forward to get the chili after wearing the sumo for about 8-10 years. I got the first sumo then and new sumo after 5 years. the second sumo was not as good as the 1st one. I was struggling these years with them and sent for repair. Now I came back to my older audiologist (at a different place that I couldnt use the last ten years b/c of my insurance plan) She told me that she know that the sumo had a problem with something inside and many ppl complained about it so I was glad to hear I wasnt making up something. So I came to her for new hearing aids and was sure I will go for the chili (I loved oticons sound quality all those years from the others that were available according to my profound hearing loss.) But to my surprise I didnt like the sound quality of the chili! I tried the phonak naida S and liked the sounds much better. It sounded more natural while chili sounded more mechanical. Phonak is the winner this time! Looking forward to get my new hearing aid on Monday (2 days from now)

I'm also going to get a cochlear implant on my left/poorer ear. Can anyone share with me their experience or advice on anything from the surgery pre-op and post-op and about the 3 CI companies on the market.

Thanks!

Hi, I used oticon hearing aids since I was a child and now at age 35 was looking forward to get the chili after wearing the sumo for about 8-10 years. I got the first sumo then and new sumo after 5 years. the second sumo was not as good as the 1st one. I was struggling these years with them and sent for repair. Now I came back to my older audiologist (at a different place that I couldnt use the last ten years b/c of my insurance plan) She told me that she know that the sumo had a problem with something inside and many ppl complained about it so I was glad to hear I wasnt making up something. So I came to her for new hearing aids and was sure I will go for the chili (I loved oticons sound quality all those years from the others that were available according to my profound hearing loss.) But to my surprise I didnt like the sound quality of the chili! I tried the phonak naida S and liked the sounds much better. It sounded more natural while chili sounded more mechanical. Phonak is the winner this time! Looking forward to get my new hearing aid on Monday (2 days from now)

I'm also going to get a cochlear implant on my left/poorer ear. Can anyone share with me their experience or advice on anything from the surgery pre-op and post-op and about the 3 CI companies on the market.

Thanks!

If you are getting the Phonak Naida for the other ear, well then there is a AB Naida CI with similar features. AB and Phonak came together to make the AB Naida CI.

If you are getting the Phonak Naida for the other ear, well then there is a AB Naida CI with similar features. AB and Phonak came together to make the AB Naida CI.

They need to be the new Naida Q for it to work with the new AB right? Would a spice work with the new AB CI?

They need to be the new Naida Q for it to work with the new AB right? Would a spice work with the new AB CI?

The only thing that works with the Phonak Naida Q is the AB ComPilot but even if you have the Naida S V and the AB Naida, they have the same features so both ears will be using the same feature like UltraZoom at the same time. Does that makes sense, I'm rubbish at explaining? The only feature you wouldn't be able to use is ZoomControl.

If I was planning to get a CI soon, I would get the AB CI Naida and keep my Naida S V in my other ear. I wouldn't want to use the ComPilot as I love using the FM system for everything so wouldn't see the need to get the Naida Q for myself to use the ComPilot. :)

EDIT: you won't be able to use DuoPhone as well but you need 2 AB Naida CIs for that to work anyway.

Back