Which is important, looks or brains?

mld4ds said:
Why are you blaming men? Eve shared an apple with Adam...

The bible didn't say "apple" but say "fruit". ;)

Real men don't go bars! Only animals go there!

Bars really a big turn offs for me!

mld4ds said:
Yeah, I know, dude...

I kept wondering why the great looking chicks always come to the bar and look for the action with men...

I've seen a lot of guys are seeking for looks than their personalities or whatso ever that men thinks. but I can understand Men are just young to go after looks until the men get older and they will realize what they're missing out... Some men don't give it a chance. its their loss to miss out who you are. Not only the men ... some women too go after looks. *shrugs* everyone makes mistakes and learn from it.

its not only men.. its also women who goes for looks..they go like " ohh hot sexy chest! i gotta go out with him!" oh plz!

DeafSCUBA98 said:
its not only men.. its also women who goes for looks..they go like " ohh hot sexy chest! i gotta go out with him!" oh plz!

haha exactly thats why i said not only men... women too. :P

:crazy: men and women :crazy: lol

Well I am lucky that I have my boyfriend back. We got back together last night. yah yah! :applause: And I dont have to look for men. HA HA HA!

I go for looks first, then check out the lady's personality. There are times when a great personality will trump looks though. I need looks to keep my sex life exciting :)

This is really hard... I would prefer both as long she isn't older than I am. I used to go out with a girl who wore her sweater shirt and sweater pant to a causal restaurant while I was all dressed up. I was really embarrassed by this and tried to get her change her mind going to a drive-in restaurant.

Not that I care for looks but I prefer for her to look nice.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
Indeed. I've seen many women that go for looks as well or... money. Gold diggers are worst of all (both men and women).

As I learned from America and Sweden, there isn't any difference between men and women in the "looks, money, or brains" situation. However, I personally pick both. I'd love to have a 'brainy' woman. I'd love to have a beautiful woman. Nas (my fiancee) is both. She's a law student (one year to go) and she's a beautiful gal.

Allow me to be a Devil's Advocate: You see, how beautiful a person is largely depends on an individual's unique perspective. Example: If I find a woman that men would think she's not beautiful but 'good-looking' and the like, but to me, she is beautiful. I'm sure that is about the same as for you women as well if you meet some men, right? Another example: Some of you women may think that Tom Cruise is cute while some of you may think he is ugly as fuck. It's all about an individual's unique perspective.

Let's not forget the personality and character as well.

Even though whatever you said about men does not offend me at all but it'd be nice if some of you didn't lump 'good' men into the 'bad' men group.

Yea, don't forget the tush part that women are after!

DeafSCUBA98 said:

DeafSCUBA98 said:

Dem hot sexy chests will become hanging plants so be smart and go for the hearts! :P

Brian said:
..I would prefer both as long she isn't older than I am.

What does this mean? Does it mean if she is older than you, you will refuse to date her? So instead of brains or looks criteria, you have an age criteria :dunno:

I m actually afraid of goodlooking men - I prefer brainy men with huge hearts. Most goodlooking men I know are too full of themselves but yes there are a few exceptions but I just feel much more comfortable zeroing into intelligent and compassionate men.

But I would pick heart over all three aspects - what is the use of dating an intelligent yet cold man where you could have a fun loving and warm man with enough common sense?

Actually Meg, you can have all of the above you mentioned in a man...

-intelligent
-common sense
-fun loving
-warm

You just need to really put your bait in a bigger "ocean" rather than in a "lake".

Wouldn't you know this, my S.O. Chris was the one that told me this and he is all of the above you mentioned and much more?

Cookie Monster said:

-intelligent
-common sense
-fun loving
-warm

You just need to really put your bait in a bigger "ocean" rather than in a "lake".

Wouldn't you know this, my S.O. Chris was the one that told me this and he is all of the above you mentioned and much more?

Does Chris have a twin brother? :fingersx: :giggle:

Cookie Monster said:

-intelligent
-common sense
-fun loving
-warm
I think we have a long list of what we want from men/women... Intelligent is nothing if not for common sense or ability of understanding. List go on and on.

well I think all people want someone decent looking ,but they also want someone with brains... I want someone whose decent looking with a great smile, and brains... but if they don't have a sense of humor hes out the door.

My man (currency hubby) was looks NERD and not looking good his clothes really totally unmatches. I noticed he is extremelly GOOD BRAINS and nice treat people as well. He had been trying date w/me.. Im not ready because just moved new town from Toronto, Ontario. and decide take my time until when I'm ready. He tries find a woman but mostly woman doesn't want him because he's looks! Geez, Give me a break.. so I decide try have him for date.. *BANG* become seriouis relationship.. I've been helped him change looks and clothes proprite way... We went to visit in Toronto for Deaf events which baseball toury. WHOA, many Deaf women were surprised and chi-chat w/my man.. I was kind *grinning* and watched him what he doing.. I'm very surprised, He told everyone, sorry, I'm sold! Rest of women were kind pissed and waited for his gf come.. I don't care and came walk held his arms around w/me.. They were shocked... YOU!!! I nodded them yes.. He is extreme handsome guy and said... well your loss!
(chuckles) My good friend tells me, you're lucky bait him he was NERD turns into FRIGG'N HANDSOME.. LOL I laughed hell...
I'm glad have him... but right now he is getting grow and old little bit but still looks handsome.. LOL

I don't look for handsome hunk, may have stinks attudies.. I seek MR RIGHT GUY.. ahh Here's my man extactly I've wanted.. perfect solution.

Yes, I admit, I've seen women are looking for HANDSOME HUNK only... Pity some women are not even think twice their personalities!

Men are not even think twice women's personalities... Total wasting time to looking for sexier and beautiful body... :sure: ~ wowie!

Both. But what is attractive varies by person. But a person has to be attractive to me.

Intelligence is very important to me. But again, people have varying degrees of intelligence, and I think what's important is that you find someone who is at your comfort level.

Personally, I like someone who is very bright. Someone who's well read, interesting, and can carry a really stimulating conversation. I like to be around people who make me think and laugh.

They don't have to be well educated, but have to be smart...you know?

Back