Where were you on 9/11

I was at home sick w/a migraine- was awakened by a phone call that was actually for my mom, the mother of the kid who'd assaulted my brother at school was whining about court-- when I finally got her off the phone, I called mom to give her the message-- and she told me first tower had been hit-- I went into the living room to watch and was dumbfounded-- then suddenly the second tower was hit while I was watching-- I remember getting sick to my stomach when it happened.

I kept the TV and PC on all day-- people in my home area were worried b/c we have two nuclear plants close by and it was a concern they could be targeted-- I also remember everyone going to get gas that evening b/c it was rumored gas prices were going to go astronomical over night-- So my dad demanded I go fill my car up... there were crowds and lines at all the gas stations, it was unreal... reminded me of the rations in the 70's everyone lined up. The images from that day are still haunting-- something I'll never forget.

We had a lot of rescue workers go up to NYC from our area to help w/search and recovery- many came back very ill (I worked for a group of lung doctors) from all the smoke and toxic air they were breathing... just horrible--

I started watching on TV minutes before the the 2nd plane hit. I don't think I ate, drank or went to the bathroom the entire day. I couldn't pry myself from the TV.

Wirelessly posted

Teachers were in the library watching the sets with the blinds closed. They were trying to keep the students away from the phonelines and television sets and were discouraging students from using their cellphones all morning. All computer labs were closed for the day.

Found out at noon from my best friend that his mom texted what happened.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Teachers were in the library watching the sets with the blinds closed. They were trying to keep the students away from the phonelines and television sets and were discouraging students from using their cellphones all morning. All computer labs were closed for the day.

Wow that seems like a strange reaction. :dunno:

Wirelessly posted

That's what they did back home too... they wanted the kids w/their parents when they got the news.

I was asleep when this happened however I was just finished with the shower, and went downstairs - first thing my mum approached to me, and told me to go and see the newspaper, she seemed urgent for me to go and read, so I quickly walked over to the meal table and to the shock of my face - saw the photos and everything on the front page of the Canberra times, and then we all the family, went over to the TV, it was all over the TV too. When I was at high school, I was in grade 8, there was one room full of students watching the TV all day - everyone was abuzzing about 9/11 all day. I remember that day clearly

I was at the city hall paying my taxes and city worker told the World Trade
was blowed up by air planes! I was so shaken up and and rush home to watch TV and call my daugher as she and her husband worked in a bank
and knew people in the World Trade Center. I was freaked out that State Street Bank would be hit too which was where my daughter and son in law worked. Some of the people my daughter spoke to on the phone everyday were killed.

I remember like it was yesterday...I was getting up, doing morning chores; hubby had gone to work. We had our first pair of dogs at time, one of whom we still have. I had dog training class that night. Hubby had taken only vehicle we had at time. He called me and said, you better turn on tv, something is happening. I turned it on, first plane had just hit. I was stunned, started calling everybody I knew. I was also glue to tv, I saw as second plane hit. I kept my dogs close to me and was sadly transfixed by it, just kept watching and people were calling me on main landline but I couldn't get through anywhere on the cell phone. I remember how it was so eerie cause usually we have lots of planes passing by overhead and city noises and people walking by and cars going, and just things going on on our street - and there just wasn't ANYTHING, I didn't see any cars or anybody walking by the whole day. I recall seeing one newscaster dropping and rolling under a car as the second tower went down, she was saying - I hope I live, I hope I live. And all those people running in the street on the news. Then that eve. my hubby's friend called as we were heading for class <no one had figured out if it was on or not so we were just gonna go> and the friend told him - you better stock up on gas - and hubby said, nah, I don't think there's gonna be an issue. So we drove to class and there was all these long lines at the gas station and spilling out onto the streets and people were selling "piss on Obama" car decals, hanging around in little huddles, handing out flowers and wandering around on cell phones looking dazed and it was just bizarre. The class was just for one dog but I wanted to take both dogs with me because I wanted to keep them close. The class was pretty empty.

I remember like it was yesterday...I was getting up, doing morning chores; hubby had gone to work. We had our first pair of dogs at time, one of whom we still have. I had dog training class that night. Hubby had taken only vehicle we had at time. He called me and said, you better turn on tv, something is happening. I turned it on, first plane had just hit. I was stunned, started calling everybody I knew. I was also glue to tv, I saw as second plane hit. I kept my dogs close to me and was sadly transfixed by it, just kept watching and people were calling me on main landline but I couldn't get through anywhere on the cell phone. I remember how it was so eerie cause usually we have lots of planes passing by overhead and city noises and people walking by and cars going, and just things going on on our street - and there just wasn't ANYTHING, I didn't see any cars or anybody walking by the whole day. I recall seeing one newscaster dropping and rolling under a car as the second tower went down, she was saying - I hope I live, I hope I live. And all those people running in the street on the news. Then that eve. my hubby's friend called as we were heading for class <no one had figured out if it was on or not so we were just gonna go> and the friend told him - you better stock up on gas - and hubby said, nah, I don't think there's gonna be an issue. So we drove to class and there was all these long lines at the gas station and spilling out onto the streets and people were selling "piss on Obama" car decals, hanging around in little huddles, handing out flowers and wandering around on cell phones looking dazed and it was just bizarre. The class was just for one dog but I wanted to take both dogs with me because I wanted to keep them close. The class was pretty empty.

"and people were selling "piss on Obama" car decals" Obama was not president when 911 happen.
Do piss on Bin laden?

I lived in NJ back then. I was at work and I heard it on the radio. No one knew what was going on at first. I had to drive someone to Newark Airport, (where the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania took off from) from the Highway on the drive there I could see the smoke coming from the Twin Towers, they were both still standing. A little while later they announced that the airports were closed. The next day and for a few days after you could smell the smoke in the air, and everyone was numb.

I was in middle school when it happened, I believe it was in history class too... ironic eh? The school never told us what was going on because they didn't want to create a "panic" even though most of the students parents came and got them. It was a weird day, very silent all around the school.

:wave:whatdidyousay!
yes, you are right! I made a mistake cuz I'm very tired from being getting up at 5 in the morning yestersday and being outside in the rain, running around at an outdoor rally/get-together yesterday - got home about 9pm. Then today was doing abunch of chores and errands I didn't do yesterday - so yup, I mis-typed.
:aw:

:wave:whatdidyousay!
yes, you are right! I made a mistake cuz I'm very tired from being getting up at 5 in the morning yestersday and being outside in the rain, running around at an outdoor rally/get-together yesterday - got home about 9pm. Then today was doing abunch of chores and errands I didn't do yesterday - so yup, I mis-typed.
:aw:
5AM is too early for me! I thought you made a mistake.

Gee - I'm up at 5am every day to get hubby off to work.

im not sure when i watch 9/11 got happened on tv and many thousnand people lost life in NYC include planes and mores and also Penn..

When my younger cousin Bud was baby at 7 month old and he was born in Feb.2001 but he now 9 years old..And mostly baby never know have dads when died in 9/11

I was babysitting two brothers a few weeks after 9/11 and took them to the Native American Festival on the National Mall in DC. One of the brothers was deaf and the other was hearing. They were 4 and 6 y.o.

Anyways, there was a teepee set up as a prayer teepee and the hearing brother wanted to go inside and pray. He wanted me to go inside with him. So the three of us went inside.

That little boy's prayer absolutely broke my heart. He asked God to make all the little children safe inside airplanes.

I was sick and so I didn't go to school that day and because of that, I stayed at home alone. It was around afternoon when I woke up and went to turn on TV in living room. I thought I was watching a movie or something because of all explosion that were occurring. Then I thought it was important place in other country. Naturally I was confused, but slowly I realized that it was US, not a movie or a place in other country, that was under attack.

I think that day I wanted to talk to someone immediately, but couldn't because my family was either at school or work.

that morning I was getting ready for school, glancing at TV from kitchen my roomate was watching while I toasted some breads - DID saw the first airplane hitting and all the smokes coming out but I honestly thought it was a MOVIE (no sidebars there like most news have) and proceed with my breakfast.

saw second one hitting quickly, still a movie to me. then off on way to school, entered my class - this usual happy teacher would greet us in but that day he didn't smile and asked me to sit down, remain quiet. until all students showed up. finally about 30 minutes later with all of us looking at each other wondering what the heck is going on (yes, told you, thought it was a movie), teacher told us and asked us a question of what we'd think about what just had happened. the class was let go early. I never had TV of my own so I kept hearing stuff from people (I don't touch my roomate's TV and she rarely watches it when I'm around- I alos moved out about two weeks after it happened). didn't knew there were 4 airplanes involved until two years later--wondering why people never mentioned about the other two. :dunno:

that morning I was getting ready for school, glancing at TV from kitchen my roomate was watching while I toasted some breads - DID saw the first airplane hitting and all the smokes coming out but I honestly thought it was a MOVIE (no sidebars there like most news have) and proceed with my breakfast.

saw second one hitting quickly, still a movie to me. then off on way to school, entered my class - this usual happy teacher would greet us in but that day he didn't smile and asked me to sit down, remain quiet. until all students showed up. finally about 30 minutes later with all of us looking at each other wondering what the heck is going on (yes, told you, it was a movie), teacher told us and asked us a question of what we'd think about what just had happened. the class was let go early. I never had TV of my own so I kept hearing stuff from people. didn't knew there were 4 airplanes involved until two years later--wondering why people never mentioned about the other two. :dunno:
TWO years!? :eek:

yup. I wasn't very much a TV or internet gal back then -- totally an adventure girl! you always can find me in tents or mountains. :D well.. I think that's much less worse than is girl I talked with 6 months after it happened. she asked me why had I strapped an american flag on my car hood, I replied "hmm, 9/11?" she went, HUH? what's that, 9/11? .. "umm, those two planes that crashed into WTC...no?"

no,...no idea what you're talking about.

:shock:

Back