Where did God come from originally? Its existence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likewise here, Reba. I don't feel competition or jealousy either.

jazzy said:
I am going to stop this for awhile and let myself enjoy the life with God along on my side and do not worry what others say about me. God gave me the greatest gift and I shall seize this every moment of my life. I wish others to get know Him as I have. I do not need a bible to dicate my life, I only have His presence in my heart. That is all I can do for now.
As for being liberal, yeah I understand your are in netural, no problem with me. I wish others accept me as same.

Just to clarify, it's not that I'm neutral (no opinions)...I do have an opinion. It just tends to fall in the middle. ;)

About prayers, I did not ask others to pray for me. Kind of feeling strange when people say a prayer for me. I do not know what to say but be polite and say thank you for a prayer. Pray is between me and God. I pray only if other ask me. I am not used to other people saying a prayer for me, maybe pride is in the way, who knows.

If the person's intention is loving, I think that's all that needs to be said--it's like being handed an unexpected gift even when it's not Christmas or your birthday. :)

Maybe they need it more to get closer to God. who knows.

Just like having a conversation with a loved one brings you closer to them, I think. :)

About saved ones, it is hard for me to accept this word. It is more alike a cult to me when they tell me people are "not saved". It is alike they were being told by someone else, not God's but man's. I do not believe in saying this to anyone else. It is alike put people down even they have their own faiths. That is why we are having a war among us.

I don't believe in saying stuff like that either. What could that possibly accomplish but pushing a person away? We're to educate lovingly (one of the letters to Timothy says this), not by belittling people.

Salvation and grace are gifts from God only if we ask for them. I love His gifts and enjoy them everyday. I wish everyone get them also.

As do I. The only way I could stop from worrying myself so much that I'd leave Christianity was to come to an understanding that however many God saves, He will make sure it's the most that He knows is possible...not something determined by sinful humans who THINK they know what they're doing.

I cleaned up my storage room, and found a note. I recalled that it came from my old friend in Michigan. I thought that it would be interesting for you to read these stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
webexplorer said:
I cleaned up my storage room, and found a note. I recalled that it came from my old friend in Michigan. I thought that it would be interesting for you to read these stuff.

Very interestin'. I read all these notes through my PhotoShop. It sounds more like "Thomas" to me, a skeptical man who doubt Jesus Christ's risen from the dead. Jesus allowed him to touch His Hands and His wound on His side of tummy, because of his doubt ( Thomas ).
Jesus said to him that He blesses to those who have faith in Him without seein' Him. For those who have seen Him will not receive His blessin'.

What do YOU think of the notes yourself, if you don't mind to share your point of view/opinion ? :)

CyberRed--Obviously Jesus would much prefer that we believe without having to see Him. But may I ask, why did He allow Thomas to do those things and not turn His back? Thoughts?

My personal guess is, He could tell that Thomas had a desire to believe. The inclination was already there...so He helped it along.

Rose Immortal said:
CyberRed--Obviously Jesus would much prefer that we believe without having to see Him. But may I ask, why did He allow Thomas to do those things and not turn His back? Thoughts?

My personal guess is, He could tell that Thomas had a desire to believe. The inclination was already there...so He helped it along.

Yes, you are correct about Jesus prefers that we believe without havin' to see Him. That's called "faith" without seein' Him...but, in the heart -- knowin' that He is THERE without doubt.
Jesus loves Thomas as He does with everyone, it's why He don't turn His back on him. He knows Thomas' heart and thoughts before He appeared.

( By the way, may I ask : are you telepathic spirit ? )

CyberRed--The "telepathic spirit" thing is just from a fantasy story I wrote. I thought it matched my avatar. ;)

Anyway, the point I was making with Thomas was that while yes, it would've been better if he could've had faith in what he could not see (think that's from Hebrews). But, I am just saying we cannot automatically condemn those who have to come into belief a different way...I mean, Jesus gave Thomas a chance. I really think when a person has doubts, but really does want to believe, as Thomas did, then He is more than willing to help. So I think you're right to say that He knew Thomas' thoughts.

Rose Immortal said:

Why would Jesus want people to believe in him without having ever seeing him? How would others be able to tell the difference between a real god with believers following it without ever seeing it and a nonexistist god that has followers believing in it without seeing it? The first god gave no evidence for its existence and the second one can't because it doesn't exist. How could we know if the god was real or not with no evidence?
The writer of the letter said that it would be good to believe in a god that was real, but had no choice, but to have no such belief because of things like lack of evidence. It was written that "I may wish them to be true (or I may not)-- but I am not so naive to think that something can be true or false just because I desire it. There must be some reason, beyond wishful thinking."
The writer said they could either want it to be true, or not have the desire, and didn't say which one, because which one doesn't matter if the evidence that is good enough is not present yet.
I also like how the writer described the flaw in a god being the first cause. It's just replacing a mystery with another mystery.

RedFox said:
Why would Jesus want people to believe in him without having ever seeing him? How would others be able to tell the difference between a real god with believers following it without ever seeing it and a nonexistist god that has followers believing in it without seeing it? The first god gave no evidence for its existence and the second one can't because it doesn't exist. How could we know if the god was real or not with no
evidence?
The writer of the letter said that it would be good to believe in a god that was real, but had no choice, but to have no such belief because of things like lack of evidence. It was written that "I may wish them to be true (or I may not)-- but I am not so naive to think that something can be true or false just because I desire it. There must be some reason, beyond wishful thinking."
The writer said they could either want it to be true, or not have the desire, and didn't say which one, because which one doesn't matter if the evidence that is good enough is not present yet.
I also like how the writer described the flaw in a god being the first cause. It's just replacing a mystery with another mystery.

Because He was risen from the dead to prove that He is GOD and, then later on He returned to Heaven where He came from when He left Heaven to give birth through Mary to become flesh, "The Word". He taught, preached, healed, helped and showed people everyday and His apostles/disciples have learned alot from Him. Jesus wanted His apostles/disciples to go out and tell the Word of God after He returned to Heaven. Same idea with a farmer who owned a HUGE land and he picked several workers to work for him. The farmer told the workers to plant the seeds. The farmer's responsible is to feed the people all over the world, so the workers planted the seeds and the seeds spread into multiply, the more it multiplies they will reap which that are good, but to discard the bad ones. It interprets: to win the people's souls for Christ after plantin' God's Word to people who will ACCEPT Christ/ or REJECT Him. ( Another famous quote: You sow what you reap ).

It's all about "faith". Believe.

Try Jesus....bite Him, experience Him, drink Him, and taste Him. And, you will see the result yourself. It's all about faith. :)

CyberRed said:
Because He was risen from the dead to prove that He is GOD and, then later on He returned to Heaven where He came from when He left Heaven to give birth through Mary to become flesh, "The Word". He taught, preached, healed, helped and showed people everyday and His apostles/disciples have learned alot from Him. Jesus wanted His apostles/disciples to go out and tell the Word of God after He returned to Heaven. Same idea with a farmer who owned a HUGE land and he picked several workers to work for him. The farmer told the workers to plant the seeds. The farmer's responsible is to feed the people all over the world, so the workers planted the seeds and the seeds spread into multiply, the more it multiplies they will reap which that are good, but to discard the bad ones. It interprets: to win the people's souls for Christ after plantin' God's Word to people who will ACCEPT Christ/ or REJECT Him. ( Another famous quote: You sow what you reap ).

It's all about "faith". Believe.

Try Jesus....bite Him, experience Him, drink Him, and taste Him. And, you will see the result yourself. It's all about faith. :)

Sure I can see that Christians use Jesus rising from the dead and that stuff as proof that Jesus was the Son of God. But there are people who would want to see places other than the bible that says the same thing. If it was just the bible, they could say that it's biased towards saying that the stuff is true.

If it's all about faith, which is believing in things with no evidence for things such as the writings being true, how could we tell if people had faith in a real god that doesn't give evidence for writings about it being true or a nonexistent god that had people make up writings about it?

I know that it feels good to believe, but I'd feel silly believing in things with no evidence. :mrgreen:

Sorry it's a repeat post since its belongs here not the other thread.

I want to tell you about the bible's authors, I think Jesus chose his 12 apostles, and told them to write books about him after his death, half of them like Peter, Luke, Matthew, Mark kept their promised.

Jesus chose them to become his biography authors as they were witnesses!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back