Where Can the Deaf Get Help from Mistreatment?

i not to sure what you mean,but what ever community you part of be it deaf ,blind,gay etc dont mean you have to like each other because you have same but if you being bullied because of it then you must seek help....or do you mean your deaf asian friend is going through tough stuff by others, deaf can also be racists and she must do something and you help her..

i not to sure what you mean,but what ever community you part of be it deaf ,blind,gay etc dont mean you have to like each other because you have same but if you being bullied because of it then you must seek help....or do you mean your deaf asian friend is going through tough stuff by others, deaf can also be racists and she must do something and you help her..

There are always group of people that wants to teach deaf ferrets ASL.

Maybe if the situation hadn't seemed so serious I would have kept it to myself.

Maybe if the situation hadn't seemed so serious I would have kept it to myself.

Some things are better left unsaid...and deal with it the best you can....get professional help if necessary....Many, many people (not just you) have undergone terrible things and have survived it all.....If everybody from this Board stopped to make threads about the horrible incidents in their lives...it would be pathlic and depressing.....So again, pull up and move forward.

silly question.. word dishonored by other deaf people no sense! sound look likes pretend!

A person is entitled to fair treatment. The things done to me have been hideously extreme. I gave no one permission.

A person is entitled to fair treatment. The things done to me have been hideously extreme. I gave no one permission.

*sincere attempt at trying to carry on a proactive conversation*

So what kind of things do you enjoy doing? I think I might be starting to like gardening. Today I planted two Live Oak trees in my yard. I'm not real good with the gardening stuff but I really need some shade on my house. It gets hot out here. I've spent a lot of time reading up on it and it's quite amazing how much information there is to learn about it. Do you know anything on it? Especially in regards to the soil out here. I have about 4-5 inches of topsoil and then nothing but limestone. Digging's been a pain in the butt but one's been planted. The other will be done either tomorrow or the next day.

*Thank you for being nice to me*

I think about people happy in their gardens and it makes it easier for me when I have little to do. Tonight I had a frollicking conversation about the arts. The closest I've come to doing garden work in a long time is a big waterproof mural I painted with one of the other clubhouse members hoping to get it hung permanently on the garden wall at the club. There must be a similar mystique, brush stroke by brush stroke, to the sort of abstract painting that involves me once I get started on a work, and what you have to do, lovingly, in touch with dirt, seeds, water and hand tools, in garden work, the care, attention and adrenaline involved. I think of Ikebana, insitu.

*Thank you for being nice to me*

I think about people happy in their gardens and it makes it easier for me when I have little to do. Tonight I had a frollicking conversation about the arts. The closest I've come to doing garden work in a long time is a big waterproof mural I painted with one of the other clubhouse members hoping to get it hung permanently on the garden wall at the club. There must be a similar mystique, brush stroke by brush stroke, to the sort of abstract painting that involves me once I get started on a work, and what you have to do, lovingly, in touch with dirt, seeds, water and hand tools, in garden work, the care, attention and adrenaline involved. I think of Ikebana, insitu.

I don't know what they're happy about. Limestone. Made digging an 18-20 inch deep hole, 4 feet wide a nightmare. I got like two blisters and that's saying a lot. My hands are THICK. I'm no stranger to hard work. It's freaking rock!

Care? I had a sprinkler system installed. I'm only doing the work myself because I don't have any work scheduled for another week. It's also tree-planting season here.

I hope it works out because our yard has always looked pretty lousy. We haven't had the time or money to focus on it until now.

It's a pretty hip thing to do. Will the tree roots have sufficient support when you are finished working the ground and laying the soil to endure? Will there be any room at all to grow?

It's a pretty hip thing to do. Will the tree roots have sufficient support when you are finished working the ground and laying the soil to endure? Will there be any room at all to grow?

The winds outside right now are 27mph with 40 mph gusts. It's crazy. It keeps wanting to rip the trees out despite them being well-secured. I'm using cinderblocks until I can head to the store and pick up some u-channel posts.

There will be ample room. I backfilled using a 50/50 ratio of... the limestone (which crumbled back into soil) and compost (according to county ph test). They should have a very solid base. I just hope that I did enough to force the roots to penetrate the limestone.

The winds are kicking up!!! It's now blowing a steady 39 mph with gusts near 50 mph. Holy moley!

We're under a tornado watch....and the rains and wind...traffic is all snarled up....wrecks abound due to the slippery pavement on the expressway....my doggie is turning *blue*....won't have nothing to do outside in this weather....I'm following her around (in case)...and she will...pee-pee in my house....:roll:

We're under a tornado watch....and the rains and wind...traffic is all snarled up....wrecks abound due to the slippery pavement on the expressway....my doggie is turning *blue*....won't have nothing to do outside in this weather....I'm following her around (in case)...and she will...pee-pee in my house....:roll:

Time for a doggie diaper!

Back