What's your first Language?

Oral english (oral deaf family), asl fingerspelling,
Learning
lsf (freach) figerspelling, cued speech

I spoken english first then i learned plain english sign language. I might learn ASL... but i don't know yet.

I'm told my first word was actually french, Sosure (shoes). Or so I'm told. Then They tried to introduce me to english and I got totally confused and wouldn't speak at all. I'm afraid I never did master french and I'm only just learning tactile sign language.

My thought process and written, spoken language is in English, but I dream in sign and sometimes my though processes change over to sign

Interesting :) My dreams vary. I swear it feels like when I am deaf in my dreams; I dream in black and white. But when I am hearing in my dreams it is color. I try not to think too much about that it might mean, but it's SO odd. :P

my parents told me I spoke Korean as my first language but I have no memory of it. so with my memory - my first language is English... then Spanish.... and now ASL

sad thing is... I know Spanish far more than Korean. oh well

I did not speak until I was 9 years old. My first language was Oral English in the oral only mainstream elementary school. Later in the years after I graduated from high school, I learned SEE (Signed Exact English) and opened a door into the Deaf community and I was very happy. Few years later, I learned third language was ASL. :thumb:

I was taught both English and Korean but later opted for English.

English is my first language, New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) is second, American Sign Language (ASL) is third, Australian Sign Language (Auslan) is fourth and a bit of Maori Language (New Zealand Native Language) is fifth. :)

English is my first.
I am still learning ASL and Japanese.
After that, I plan to learn JSL (Japanese Sign)

English was my first, ASL was my second language. ;)

English, French, Swedish, Spanish, and ASL. In that order.

English then I'm told French and American Sign Language when I was smaller.
I've got other languages....

Back