What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

Chicken pasta, salad and whole wheat honey bread

Stir fried marninated tofu with bamboo shoots, onions, bok choy, fresh water chestnuts in oyster sauce. It's Chinese style cuz I'm not using a proper wok. Woks should have round bottoms and I plan to buy one that designed to work with electric stoves soon.

Stir fried marninated tofu with bamboo shoots, onions, bok choy, fresh water chestnuts in oyster sauce. It's Chinese style cuz I'm not using a proper wok. Woks should have round bottoms and I plan to buy one that designed to work with electric stoves soon.

I wanted to let you know that a flat electric stove for using iron pans will not work. A traditional electric stove will be fine. I personally don't trust the gas stove - a big boom!

I wanted to let you know that a flat electric stove for using iron pans will not work. A traditional electric stove will be fine. I personally don't trust the gas stove - a big boom!

I don't plan on buying iron woks - only carbon steel. I'm told that non electric woks do better with gas stoves but since i don't own a gas stove, I will just buy a carbon steel wok that's designed to work with electric stoves.

I know I have a wok packed up from the move. Not sure what it's made of, but it will bend easily. We use it on electric stoves with no problem. It will roll a little, but it is totally fantastic. We also have a special ring to put around the gas burner to allow it to be used on a gas stove. I haven't cooked on gas since I was 7 or 8.

For lunch today, I fixed a shrimp and pepper stir-fry over couscous. Dinner is boneless pork loin chops with a balsamic/apricot glaze, white rice and steamed broccoli.

IMG_4698-1.jpg

Schnipper’s Quality Kitchen - 620 8th Avenue NYC - (212) 921-2400

That Schnipper's place looks pretty good. I'll have to try it some time.

Weather was 75 degrees today, so... first barbecue of the year! Slow smoked a pork shoulder 8 hours for pulled pork. Sides were baked mac n cheese and German potato salad. My friend made dingle pies for St. Patrick's and the Guinness flowed freely. I nommed and I nommed and I nommed.

Tonight, we will have the ham and Hungarian green beans that we did not have on Monday. Not sure what else. Maybe mashed potatoes.

A small steak (drphil I took your advice) , instant mashed potatoes, and a tomato. Limeade made with Truvia and orange seltzer water.

Spinach salad with turkey bacon, tomato, red onion, vinaigrette dressing. Lime Crush soda to drink.

Roast chicken leg with roast garlic, thyme, olive oil and Kalmata olives, smashed potatoes and wilted baby agurlua with onions and garlic.

Late snack: Grilled swiss and Parmesan sandwich. And a cup of coffee.

Dinner we are having will be pork, pasta and I can't remember which vegetable.

Steak, cheese and crackers, and orange juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back