What's Your Dinner Tonight -- Part II

I recall that some places may be able to make what is called a White Pizza- no tomatoes or tomato sauce anywhere on the pizza.

That's likely an alfredo sauce. I personally love it. Hubby hates it. If dogmom likes alfredo, this would be a good alternative to tomatoes.

oh, alfredo...alfredo is cheese. I know many love alfredo but I can't have dairy.
<nor does my hub like alfredo on his pizza, AC....he has a very set amount of things he likes>

oh, alfredo...alfredo is cheese. I know many love alfredo but I can't have dairy.
<nor does my hub like alfredo on his pizza, AC....he has a very set amount of things he likes>

Oh! I just learned something new, then. I had always heard of a white pizza referred to the same as an alfredo sauce pizza. I must have misunderstood, then. My hubby does not like alfredo, either. For ANYTHING, pizza, pasta, whatnot.

Sorry for the confusion! I didn't mean to make that worse :)

:) no problem, AC, nothing worse on my end!

my hub likes alfredo with pasta but that's it.

at the health food store I did see a jar of alfredo pasta sauce that was vegan <no cheese> - it a soy-based alfredo sauce. I thought of trying it but there were other things in it I couldn't have.

dogmom
Do you ever try just a little bit of something (one thing at a time) to see if you are still sensitive? I have heard of reaction changing over time.

that's a good idea and you're right, things like can change over time.
I've been adding a few relatively benign things back in like cinnamon <which wouldn't be considered at all allergenic or a problem typically but what's going on with is bladder inflammation since last Summer, related probably to long history of UTI's and subsequent anti-biotic use, starting actually from when I was a few months old>.
So things that are acidic are a problem, that includes things like critic acid, ascorbic acid <both often found as additives or preservatives in things>, and most fruits, and things like curry - which I love- and vinegars - which are in a ton of things. So anything that could be considered "hot" or spicey - though again I love hot and spicey - or prepared salads are all possible issues. Cinnamon is a warming spice as are things like cumin....I like many nuts but walnuts can even be a problem for some people with this issue. I don't think I've had any issue with walnuts myself.

I have acid-reducing OTC pills I take with me a lot if we're going out to eat or if I think I may have ingested something I'm not sure of.

so something that's prepared in a typical commercial manner may have any combination of something that I could react to.

Hi Tech Chef

(No captions but there is no dialogue; mostly sound effects and music, some "oohs" and "ahhs.")

Had early tea mackerel marinated in whisky and honey may sound awful but it lovely.followed by cream trifle pineapple beginning think that part a mistake

Basil tomato soup and sandwich on Jewish rye bread

Basil tomato soup and sandwich on Jewish rye bread
Mmm sounds delicious.

We tried rye bread (seedless- I don't like/do well with caraway seeds) for grilled cheese sandwiches; can't remember what soup we had- either vegetable or tomato basil (Progresso). Tasted pretty good yum

Yesterday (Valentine's Day) was a mish-mash of all sorts of goodies. I made stuffed mushrooms, hubby made the most delicious steak (I think our best ever, yet), chips and cheese, dill pickle/corned beef sandwiches. Need I go on ? :) So tonight is our leftovers!

Yesterday (Valentine's Day) was a mish-mash of all sorts of goodies. I made stuffed mushrooms, hubby made the most delicious steak (I think our best ever, yet), chips and cheese, dill pickle/corned beef sandwiches. Need I go on ? :) So tonight is our leftovers!
Oh sounds SO yummy...Mmmmm

Five Guys Burger and Fries <burp> aiii big burger and I made the mistake of ordering regular fries (I didn't know how BIG that would be- next time if there is one... a small). I hope I don't regret it but BOY was the cheeseburger gooooood. Left over fries

Fending for myself the next few days lol.

We went out for Chinese food. So yummy with lot's of left overs.

Five Guys Burger and Fries <burp> aiii big burger and I made the mistake of ordering regular fries (I didn't know how BIG that would be- next time if there is one... a small). I hope I don't regret it but BOY was the cheeseburger gooooood. Left over fries

Fending for myself the next few days lol.

I used to eat hamburger at Five Guys Burger a lot when I was in early 20s and I haven't eat since 2010.

We went out for Chinese food. So yummy with lot's of left overs.

Yummy, I love Chinese food - honey chicken. :D

made this last night. a very delicious garlic hummus

1890364_10106028678681479_5677881130873409256_o.jpg

Back