What's the bestest States in the whole USA

We don't celebrate 4th of July here (Australia) -- unfortunately. :( I really love the fireworks and the works. We do have public holidays for different things such as the Queen's birthday which was last month.
We have to remember that Australia's a Commonwealth country like Canada and Europe where the Royal Family lives.

Major Public Holidays in Australia

Australia Day
Sunday 27 January 2003
Good Friday
Friday 18 April 2003
Easter Monday
Monday 21 April 2003
Anzac Day
Friday 25 April 2003
Christmas Day
Thursday 25 December 2003
Boxing Day
Friday 26 December 2003
New Year's Day
Thursday 1 January 2004

In the state of Victoria, where I live - there are other kinds of public holidays strictly for Victoria only, for example like:

The Melbourne Cup (similar to Kentucky Derby) always during the first week of November, every year. The entire state of Victoria comes to a total standstill (almost!) when the Melbourne Cup comes to town. It's an exciting feeling coursing through my body whenever that event comes around. I see ladies prancing around in fancy dresses and hats...competitions for best hats, etc. I have actually won on 3 races in 3 years in a row! :)
It's a fun day and it's a public holiday, heheh!

You can get information on what Victoria, Australia offers from this site: http://www.visitvictoria.com/

Cheers,
Goldie

Florida!!!!!!!!!!!Dirty SOuth!!!!!!!Sunshine State!!!!!!!MIAMI!!!!!!!!!

New Hampsire and Vermont are my favorite states. They are alot of national park, relax your mental and physcial.

Especially during the autumn time. I love go up the northern in October to see all beautiful folliage trees on the mountains !

When I will be retire, I may buy a cottage home up there to be settle down. :D

I advise you go down to Watervalley (Mount Washington) in N.H. You will love there every moment during autumntime.

~ Sabrina

hello I'm a new participant from Tunis

:Owned: the best state Americain is GUANTANAMO:Owned: :Owned:
YOU DON'T FORGOT THE AFGHANISTAN'S PRISONERS WHO LIVE IN THE COMFORT FRAME...:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: THE WORLD PRAY THE USA:mad2: :rifle:
imgres
:crazy:
& BYE :cool:

Hawaii's nice.....if you don't mind being island-bound and the confining mentality that goes with that......

Originally posted by blackmercedez
Florida!!!!!!!!!!!Dirty SOuth!!!!!!!Sunshine State!!!!!!!MIAMI!!!!!!!!!

This state is bad bad. Too many old fellows. :ugh:

Alaska is awesome! :o

I am kinda of native colorado i was born and raise here as well as I do consider colorado is so such beautiful !!! but lets say if i ever go on vacation for best state to go which i has been gone is North Califorina !!! I love Redwood up there. second list would say Minnesota because i love their Green land and Mall of America even u could go on snowmoble anywhere up north in Minnesota during Winter ! third would be Fla. because too many hot babe on the beach !!! otherwise i really despite the traffic and crimes too. but my goal isn't complete in the full 50 states yet ..

I've went to 47 states excluding Hawaii, Maine, and Louisiana... All states is really nice if you drive through everywhere... Went to Alaska in 1989 and 1991, very beautiful mountains during summer time. Nortern California's good for tourist to go through Redwood just like KW68 said. It depend on what you are looking for... If you're looking for museums... Try Washington DC... Find things to do in mountains or nearby the city... Try Colorado... I speak from my experiences :o

Utah wouldn't be on the list for sure. Unless you're a skiing fan, or a snowboarder fan, then maybe. But not on MY list. :)

Originally posted by Pretty Woman
Utah wouldn't be on the list for sure. Unless you're a skiing fan, or a snowboarder fan, then maybe. But not on MY list. :)
if Utah weren't on the list... then I'd called US a 49 states lol.. Salt Lake City's a nice city... The best about Utah is their salt! :lol: and the Speedway history over there is kewl :mrgreen:

SLC is a nice city?! :roll: I'll need to disagree, because of the smog. :ugh: But hey, we all have our own different preferences, don't we? :mrgreen:

Originally posted by ChelEler
SLC is a nice city?! :roll: I'll need to disagree, because of the smog. :ugh: But hey, we all have our own different preferences, don't we? :mrgreen:
ohhh SLC is so beautiful view but not much going on but deaf community up there is very grow and increase interest going on that what i heard from my good friends ...

Originally posted by knightwolf68
ohhh SLC is so beautiful view but not much going on but deaf community up there is very grow and increase interest going on that what i heard from my good friends ...

Yes, it has a beautiful view, but I wouldn't want to live there, because of the smog. I love the mountian around the city. When I was growing up, I flew back and forth from SLC to St. Louis for 12 years, so I know what SLC is like.

Originally posted by ChelEler
Yes, it has a beautiful view, but I wouldn't want to live there, because of the smog. I love the mountian around the city. When I was growing up, I flew back and forth from SLC to St. Louis for 12 years, so I know what SLC is like.
when the last time u went there ??? for me was four years ago and there were no smog in SLC

Ah, it has changed... that's good. The last time I was there was like 6 or 7 years ago. Damn that's a long time ago. :smh:

I haven't gone to new state yet... but soon, I might going to TN (will be my first time in state) to visit my sister and her new daughter. wee wee

Back