What was the last movie you watched?

last night saw on TV, "Cellular" a 2004 film about mobile phones and kidnapping, this show Jason Statham before he hit bigtime (he played a baddie),,i loved it at the credit roll at the end, they had all actors names and major roles of filmmaking (producers, director, sound etc) in the display of the then-popular Nokia cellphones LOL

it was nostalgic...a sort of film i will watch in 20 years with they young ones and say this is what we had...back in the early days of mobile phones...

jason statom was inexperienced in the big screen you can really see that...but i dont know how he managed to change, or upped his acting...im not an actor but i do get curious about 'acting trades and skills', it was like he was too woody...and had half of the line remembered and i suspect the other half was improvisation...(my guess the producers or talent scouts in hollywood spotted that...just my hunch)

if you get a chance to see Cellular as a repeat on your small screen - watch it it is interesting because it really shows how society is changing and haven't yet changed to mobile- society just yet..you can REALLY see it... to me, it's rare for a film to show implications of technology on society...this is one of it...i liked it, its not WELL made but a light watchable entertainer..also look out for the facial cream scene LMAO, i arent gonna say but its really funny..

It's a nice thriller film. I liked it. I thought the part with the kidnapped lady cutting behind a bad man's armpit (I think?) was interesting and she said being a science teacher she knew he would bleed out. I wonder if that's true in real life? I was happy to see William H. Macy in it, he's a very good actor. He's also great in Shameless considering he's such an asshole and drunk all the time (but very funny) but managed to be a likeable character.

The Sixth Sense
A boy who communicates with spirits that don't know they're dead seeks the help of a disheartened child psychologist.
Opinion: Good but boring. I've seen this too many times already and is not worth many viewings, but it's still a good movie.

Videodrome
A sleazy cable-TV programmer begins to see his life and the future of media spin out of control in a very unusual fashion when he acquires a new kind of programming for his station.
Opinion: I don't know what to say about it. I admit I'm confused by the storyline. I looked up for explanation and people said if you don't understand the movie, it means you're stupid. That made me feel kind of embarrassed. Gotta watch this again.

frankenstein's army is a wonderful film...a true sulate to Wolfenstein' gamers fans...i loved it, AND no CGI, a true old school filming, what fun

the stoners film was cool too, enjoyed that the maze under the house , cant forget that either, its one of films, thats strike horror and comedy quite nicely so smooth its also one it own's genre and a very entertaining one at that

brass teapot, thats an excellent treat... you'd never suspect how good it is..i liked it

havent seen white house down but i suspect its a longer, more boring spin off of 'Olympus has fallen' spin-offs usually are worse...

call-girl is that an 80's flick, any good?

I just saw the preview for 'The brass teapot ' and it does look good. I will have try and rent it.

The Sixth Sense
A boy who communicates with spirits that don't know they're dead seeks the help of a disheartened child psychologist.
Opinion: Good but boring. I've seen this too many times already and is not worth many viewings, but it's still a good movie.

This movie is best for people who haven't seen it. Repeat watch probably feel boring because you already knew the ending. I felt same thing and it's same with Michael Douglas' The Game.

The Sixth Sense

Videodrome
A sleazy cable-TV programmer begins to see his life and the future of media spin out of control in a very unusual fashion when he acquires a new kind of programming for his station.
Opinion: I don't know what to say about it. I admit I'm confused by the storyline. I looked up for explanation and people said if you don't understand the movie, it means you're stupid. That made me feel kind of embarrassed. Gotta watch this again.

The Sixth Sense was well acted - not by Bruce Willis but everyone else. I enjoyed it. Videodrome I couldn't understand either and only watched it because I'm a huge fan of Deborah Harry....

I did see Home Alone I and II this weekend and loved both. I really miss John Candy.....

After Earth starring Will Smith and his son, Jaden. It don't felt like thriller to me, just 'father-son futuristic survival on uninhabitable Earth' movie.

This movie is best for people who haven't seen it. Repeat watch probably feel boring because you already knew the ending. I felt same thing and it's same with Michael Douglas' The Game.

I agreed. I'd recommend the movie to people who haven't seen it. But the rest of what you said, it depends on movies. I've seen Frailty way more than The Sixth Sense and not once did it bore me.

What did you think of Curse of Chucky? I just bought a new Chucky box set but have yet to watch it. I have been hearing mixed reviews with the new one (I know about yours, Grummer). I get the feeling I would like it but I've been told that it's a sequel instead of remake but the doll look so different. Just gotta watch it to know whether if I have a problem with the new looking doll.

It's def a sequel. Takes place after Seed but unlike previous films, this installment is straight horror. Sure there's a little humor here and there but ultimately it's similar to Childs Play. The doll looks only slightly different but it grows on you.

For those of you who like horror films...check out aintitcool.com for ambush bug's best horror films of the year. I don't always agree with the list but its worth a look.
Walking dead last night was awesome.
Cheers.

After Earth starring Will Smith and his son, Jaden. It don't felt like thriller to me, just 'father-son futuristic survival on uninhabitable Earth' movie.
It doesn't feel thriller to you because it's not a thriller movie. It's a sci-fi movie.

superman_man_of_steel_2013_inspired_poster_by.jpg

Love it.

Just watched Senna, a documentary about the career and races of the F1 world Champion,very powerful, and far more moving than you'd expect...

now...watch "TT3D: Closer to the Edge" a documentary about Isle of Man TT, one of the longest, most celebrated, most famous, and most dangerous motorcycles races in the world (apart from Paris-Dakar Desert races, but they don't have stone walls blitzing at 180mph)

Back