What was the last movie you watched?

Epic was cute. I wouldn't say it was amazing or anything. Some kids movies are seriously great: Shrek, Madagascar, Toy Story, Etc. This one wasn't that great. I am excited to see Despicable Me II this summer. I thought the first one was hilarious.
I also really want to see the movie with Will Smith and his son. The SciFi one about crash landing on Earth, but it isn't doing well at the box office. Has anyone here seen it?

What's your rate on Warm Bodies? Up to five stars and tell me why. But, please no spoilers. I'm forward to watch it this month.

What's your rate on Warm Bodies? Up to five stars and tell me why. But, please no spoilers. I'm forward to watch it this month.

great fun , 4.5 of 5

see it

its a real refreshing take on zombies, i get so sick of zombie films, in fact i never watch it, as we already have those as in miniseries on tv....but this warm bodies is just not what you'd expect, get it, see it, watch it, enjoy it.
\
that's the bit often missing from zombie films, the enjoyability.

The Karate Kid (1984) and The Substitute (1996). I had to watch them before they expired on Netflix. I wish Netflix should make a special list and let the watchers know when's movies going expired.

"Calendar Girls" really good and quite funny!!!
RR if you haven't seen it, I think you would like it. Watch it and let me know, OK?

Don't remember if I have seen it or not....but do remember that song "Calendar Girls"...(one of my fav's).....

Watched Chevy Chase in Vacation....and Christmas Vacation...got some laughs...looking forward to seeing The Bridge...Also, friend gave me "The House of Usher"...Vincent Price...(so very old)...Have seen The Fall of the House of Usher a very long time ago....really creepy!

I also really want to see the movie with Will Smith and his son. The SciFi one about crash landing on Earth, but it isn't doing well at the box office. Has anyone here seen it?

It's called "After Earth." I haven't seen it but I heard it's not a good movie. Everyone have their own opinion.

Watched Chevy Chase in Vacation....and Christmas Vacation...got some laughs...looking forward to seeing The Bridge...

Classic movie. I saw it on cable not long time ago and enjoyed it very much.

great fun , 4.5 of 5

see it

its a real refreshing take on zombies, i get so sick of zombie films, in fact i never watch it, as we already have those as in miniseries on tv....but this warm bodies is just not what you'd expect, get it, see it, watch it, enjoy it.
\
that's the bit often missing from zombie films, the enjoyability.

Hmm! Okay, I definitely will watch it when it comes to DVD! :D

The Power of Few

interesting way of story was told, kind of like pulp fiction, but must less violent, quite engaging about 'nothing' and 'everything'

if you actually LIKE 'film-watching' as a pasttime, not as a 'consuming entertainment' then its a film for you to watch

film buffs only

normal people need not apply.

Last edited:
I watched a movie called "Bait" last night. I never, ever watched these kind of movies when I was hearing. I guess not being able to hear the freaky music and screams makes it easier to watch. Definitely should not have watched it right before bed.

The Collection

not bad

dont believe the revews

tis a spin off from the famous John Fowles "The collector"but with many cinematic differences, like empty building booby traps, and all

the reviews moan about lack of character depth, i disagree , it WAS meant to eb shallow, almost as if a comic horror...

so they can shove the film-snob up their arses...
whats more one of the leading character is 'deaf' well HOH, its nice to see that in film but somewhat, downside is portrays deaf as vulnerable... for film effect it woeks well BUT it probably doesn go down well with some of us...but its a FILM
so before to bitc.h about it, you'd need to study film studies seriously (like i did) before you can jump to conclusion...anyway its a great film I ENJOYED it,,, ok one dud is the lack of audio effect to
make film quality' but to us Deaf...its visual was plenty enough...not too shabby

say its a 6.5 of 10 and thats maybe a little low...but im judgeing for Every aspect (read thorogh) maybe 7 of 10 and maybe 8 of 10 to some of you, depending what you expect...and like

for AD members, id say reccommended! if not highly.

it will be 'die another day'in few hours time daughter got me dvd so got show willing

I give it a year.

Very good, I loved the beginning so smashing funny...then it got sorta serious in the middle, few funny bits and piece especially dinner parties for this yuppie couples...the very end is good, funny. a little too acted out, and little to hastened edited but not bad.

wanna see a comedy thats kind of remind you of the great british comedy with an american slant like 4 weddings and a funeral? this should do.
Well recommended.
but only watch it if youre good with subtitles and know 'some english/america [hearing] cultures...lots subtle and not so subtle quips

cheers

Watched "Bangkock Revenge" with Jon Foo, and Irish/Chinese actor from England that trained and Beijing and worked with Jackie Chan. He's an excellent martial artists and I suspect he has more films in this future but this was really boring to sit through and I had to give up after three days of trying to finish it.

So, I then watched "The Nun,"(la monja) a horror film from Spain that's "so bad it's good." The cast is interesting, it's a Spanish film that as far as I can tell that was shot in English or dubbed English, except for the lead (Anita Bream) who's from Iceland and speaks English. Very different, you'd think someone would speak Spanish....and unfortunately this wasn't subtitled and the volume wasn't the best so I sent a message to Netflix about both. Hope it gets fixed...it was a lot more fun watching than my first choice.

'The Brady bunch'I remember the tv brady bunch, pre deaf days.lesbian scene in it

Back